Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-22, 16:10   Link #141
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Happiness is the key to getting the colors back, apparently. Although it only worked temporarily once again. Next week is the final episode already, doesn't feel like much has happened. Still better than Glasslip, at least.
This kicks the crap out of Glasslip. Themes are very clear, straight forwards and we’re not stuck with people trying to do potato analysis on what chickens mean
Old 2018-12-23, 12:11   Link #142
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Well, we did find out that the shopkeeper guy isn't Granddad. Unless Hitomi's been working on her poker face, anyway.
Ah what? 11:42 of the video had Hitomi having a look of realization once Kohaku introduced him as Ichiyanagi AND him actually speaking to her. Hitomi is kinda like a slowpoke in this regard, because she didn't know Kohaku is her baachan until Kohaku hugged her back in episode 4. Heck she showed a slight upgrade in her reaction in that she actually had one this episode, while she was pretty much Rei during her reunion with Kohaku way back when.

And once you think about it, grandpa wasn't present at the fireworks when she was sent back in time in the future. It would make sense grandpa is dead because he is noticeably older than Kohaku (maybe 5-10 years), making Mr Ichiyanagi much more likely to be her future husband.

But yeah, considering Kohaku is my waifu of the year, I'm SO jelly of shopkeeper guy!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 03:21   Link #143
Zangor17

Really hope that Yuito and Hitomi end up together somehow. The only time Hitomi's colors came back fully seemed to be with her feelings for Yuito. She was able to see the fireworks but everything else was still grey. I get the feeling that Hitomi's issues come from her mother leaving so she shut herself away and while happiness helps give color back its actually a combination of that and love from Yuito that makes a full recovery possible.

Her comment about the last firework being her love for Yuito is a pretty good sign. Also I loosely like to guess an episodes contents based on titles and the final episode definitely implies Hitomi will somehow regain her ability to see color so I'm hoping we get a happy end and not bittersweet.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 08:23   Link #144
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Ah what? 11:42 of the video had Hitomi having a look of realization once Kohaku introduced him as Ichiyanagi AND him actually speaking to her. Hitomi is kinda like a slowpoke in this regard, because she didn't know Kohaku is her baachan until Kohaku hugged her back in episode 4. Heck she showed a slight upgrade in her reaction in that she actually had one this episode, while she was pretty much Rei during her reunion with Kohaku way back when.

And once you think about it, grandpa wasn't present at the fireworks when she was sent back in time in the future. It would make sense grandpa is dead because he is noticeably older than Kohaku (maybe 5-10 years), making Mr Ichiyanagi much more likely to be her future husband.
Also, they wouldn't cast a high-profile seiyuu like Junichi Suwabe to voice him if he weren't an important character.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 01:37   Link #145
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So in the end they basically tricked us into watching another school life anime with cute girls.....

Not that I'm complaining

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 09:05   Link #146
kuudererules

Top 10 anime from last week

Images
From Anime Trending
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 15:21   Link #147
RDNexus

That's it? It ended like that? Heck, how much it pisses me off, such open-ended finales
I tend to prefer when a story wraps itself up on all fronts. Like giving us an idea of how each character fared from then on and all of that. It also saddens me that Yuito ended up alone, as far as we know.
And...yep, I kinda knew it. It had to be the bookshop owner. It seems people were trying to guess who the grandpa could be. At least that much was given to us

And in case my post sounds spoilerific...sorry.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 19:54   Link #148
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was a closed loop, as I thought since the beginning. Too bad they didn't take it all the way.

The epilogue really sucked. Nothing on Hitomi's mother, nothing on the club members (besides Hitomi visiting what was most likely Yuito's grave), and Hitomi moved on really easily for a girl who wanted to stay in the past this badly. On the other hand, the bit at the beginning made it seem like Yuito never managed to get over her. This gives me really mixed feelings. But hey, at least we found out Hitomi's grandpa really was that guy. Lucky him, getting the best girl in the series.

The core story which was about Hitomi and Yuito bringing back "colors" into each other's lives by crossing time was good on paper, but the story meandered for quite some time and the ending was bad. I think this would have worked better as a movie.
Old 2018-12-28, 23:57   Link #149
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 00:23   Link #150
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Okay, then, masters of the mystic arts: present the Iroduku ending that you would have preferred to see, in as much or little detail as you would prefer.
Old 2018-12-29, 01:12   Link #151
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 13 Comments/Feedback & Series Score:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 02:18   Link #152
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

After the comments that had been posted here, I felt a bit of dread when the finale started, but it was just fine. And I absolutely loved the book Yuito wrote. Not the conventional way to wrap up a relationship, but it was perfect for the two of them.

This show did have its problems. The love-triangle episode in particular was a paint-by-numbers affair that could have been used in a thousand other shows with almost no changes. But in the end, they got where they wanted to go and said what they wanted to say. I'll take it.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 03:22   Link #153
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I am fine with this ending, though, it would have been so much better if they showed what happen to other characters a bit. Besides the obvious twists with a book and who Kohaku married two thy showed us absolutely nothing. It may be delibaratelly but I would have prefer to see at least tiny bit of other club members futures.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 03:52   Link #154
RDNexus

Same here. I can kinda deduce the staff did it this way to prevent backlashes from the audience, but such a lackluster epilogue is also deserving of some complaint
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 08:26   Link #155
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Okay, then, masters of the mystic arts: present the Iroduku ending that you would have preferred to see, in as much or little detail as you would prefer.
The sarcastic tone doesn't motivate me, but I'll indulge you.

Showing us a montage of what the rest of the cast had been doing for the past sixty years would have done wonders. The best way to do that would have been to have Hitomi look through the photobooks and maybe even enter some of the pictures. They spent several episodes on a love triangle, and we never even found out if Asagi and Shou ended up together. Of course, Yuito is the character that matters the most, and besides him writing a picture book and dying at some point, we know nothing. Did he ever find happiness, like Hitomi did? The scene I was talking about implies he ultimately didn't. But there's no way to know for sure because we were barely shown anything.

And of course there is Hitomi's mother. Hitomi said she wanted to find her and face her with Kohaku, but we got nothing. She was the entire reason Hitomi couldn't see colors, and they just leave it at that.

I'm aware they couldn't have fit all that in a single episode, but it wouldn't have been a problem if they hadn't wasted time on pointless stuff.
Old 2018-12-29, 09:12   Link #156
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Bad Ending

Boy and girl didn't get together

Hitomi's mom dead

The future of the friends unknown

Only Kohaku's husband was revealed to be the bookstore guy

1/10
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 09:29   Link #157
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Bad Ending

Boy and girl didn't get together

Hitomi's mom dead

The future of the friends unknown

Only Kohaku's husband was revealed to be the bookstore guy

1/10
C'mon we all know Yuuto is the one who died. He went the way of a traditional artist - dying alone and penniless.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 09:31   Link #158
Ulin

I enjoyed the show very much. I have only two complaints, the first one the only thing I don't like about the ending is that we don't know anything about the rest of them in the future. It would be fine if one of the girls in the school told her something like "my grandad told me to send you his regards" without knowing the reason, or maybe some photographs of them in the album instead of only showing the old ones.

The other thing is that I think that the love triangle is kind of... I don't know, it doesn't add anything to the show and it would be equally good without it. The show is not about the romance, it is about how two people help each other out of a bad moment in their lives.

I would have liked they would end together, since I really like totally happy endings, but in this case I can accept that.

On another note, best opening of the season by far

8/10 for me
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 10:17   Link #159
Top Sergeant

I liked that Grandmother Kohaku's magic would not complete the transfer until Hitomi and Yuito truly expressed their feelings. Hitomi needed that to grow.

Great art, good characters, nice story. I am glad I watched this show.
Old 2018-12-29, 14:15   Link #160
SeaDoor

Well... that was underwhelming.

It's too bad because it seemed there were plenty of interesting elements in this story but they never did much with them. The magic, time travel and grandmother hanging out with her granddaughter were never really integrated into a story which was just left to be a pedestrian tale of teen angst. Not worth a re-watch IMO.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote