AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-02-04, 09:44   Link #5281
SidVicious
Anime addict

Ending in three chapters.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...apters/.156050
Old 2020-02-04, 18:56   Link #5282
Lex79

Read the chapter, again it was much better than the impression I had from spoilers. Of course the fact remains that having a proper closure for the bell kisser and Kyoto girl/Rena plots is probably asking for too much...
Three chapters left, other than the wedding and maybe the last appearance of Nakano's grandfather I don't know what else to expect.
Old 2020-02-04, 22:29   Link #5283
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Good
It's not fun anymore
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-05, 00:11   Link #5284
Sixth
Hu Tao

Read the chapter. What a beautiful chapter, although I have to admit that I can't stop myself from thinking that "loser girls will bake the wedding cake for the winner girl" meme when I read the part when the both girls taking the culinary class (or am I wrong here?)

I can't wait for the wedding chapter and aftermath chapter.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-05, 00:47   Link #5285
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Amazing chapter nonetheless.

"Guys! I haven't told you university I pick!"
"Does it really matter? We already know you picked that."

Its rare to see protagonist treated like this, truly an award winning works.
Old 2020-02-05, 02:02   Link #5286
Hakai

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I was hoping for one more ribbon grab and fix before the end
Old 2020-02-05, 04:22   Link #5287
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Three chapters left, other than the wedding and maybe the last appearance of Nakano's grandfather I don't know what else to expect.
It's 2 now. Until the official new dropped, it was already advertised as 3, with Chapter 120-122. Next is the penultimate chapter, so it's true. I expect a reunion of course, and if Negi also wants some undeniable proof that Yotsuba is gonna win for sure again, she could visit Fuutarou and have another sacred meeting staircase scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
What a beautiful chapter, although I have to admit that I can't stop myself from thinking that "loser girls will bake the wedding cake for the winner girl" meme when I read the part when the both girls taking the culinary class (or am I wrong here?)
So far it's just blind guessing and memers being memers.
Miku is the only one, who doesn't take an entrance exam, goes to a vocational cooking school. The brochure most likely belongs to her. Suddenly, Nino somehow also ditches university in some people's eyes, not only that, they are going to the same place, even though Negi likes his separate tree branches symbolism. Pretty sure the "you" in Nino's sentence is also in plural as a response to Miku's "If it's us (the quints), I'm sure we can." But I can't confirm it yet. Somehow, people also let Ichika and Itsuki off the hook, but if there will be cake baking, you can surely expect Ichika to pay for the wedding and Itsuki also doing something.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-05, 04:30   Link #5288

Isn't it 3 chapters including this one? With the 121 being "penultimate"?
I've only read the translation from the korean scans, so maybe they got it wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Was that pamphlet really for Miku's cooking school?
I don't really get it. Earlier in the chapter, Miku says she won't be taking exams and wondered if it's okay if she is tagging along in a studying session. She meant entrance exams here, right? Not graduating with them and general studying, right? So the implication is that Nino should be taking entrance exams as well. Like you have said, she is also studying there. Even with Negi shitting on her, I don't think she goes to the same school as Miku. The last pages indicated seperation for all of them. I think it's more like she saw the pamphlet and realized soon all of them will separate, so she tries to spend the remaining time with them.
I put what was written on the cover into google translate and it came out as "cooking school".
Combined with only Itsuki taking the university entrance exams and their managers congratulating them (the graduation got completely skipped, so I don't think that's that), I think that's what it implies.
And there really is no time to introduce Nino's future plans now.
Japanese readers on twitter seem to think so as well.
Nino is forever destined to be Miku's sidekick.
I'd love to be wrong, though.
What happened to "That's why I'm going to leave the nest no matter what it takes. Before I'm the only one left behind."? I guess she's not the only one left behind if she's with Miku.
Spoiler for Chapter 43:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^He doesn't even know she gave him a kiss during the festival, he passed out when it happened and the kiss five years ago was clearly mentioned to be the Bell Kiss because it's the moment Fuutarou started seeing BK as special to him (words from the manga itself, chapter 84). But hey, it wouldn't be the first time something gets changed in the story for Yotsuba.

Also, correct me if I am remembering wrong, but wasn't there already a chapter where it was shown that Nino works as a chef and that she made the wedding cake in the future?
Yeah, I also think it should be the bell kiss. Someone needs to fess up, unless that scene from chapter 61 is the moment Fuutarou finds out that the girl he's marrying is also BK. It wouldn't surprise me.

That was a Nisekoi edit, I'm pretty sure.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-05, 05:36   Link #5289
WingedAccelerator

It's 3 including Chapter 120.

Negi already half-assed the protagonist's and the main heroine's dream, so he only has to show and/or tell what Nino does. We know where Fuutarou went, what he does remains a mystery. Yotsuba most likely does something sports related, but even that wasn't outright said. Just be something like Management and I'm happy.

My point is outside of the tree branches = separate pathes, is that the last pages are already heavily implied that they are separated, but they are not alone, the sisterhood, the relationship with Fuutarou connects them together. Miku and Nino are not together there.
Old 2020-02-07, 05:59   Link #5290
WingedAccelerator

A spoiler snippet just came out.
*Sigh* Get your pitchfork ready, 256! If it's true, then the implication is that Nino and Miku manages some kind of pub/tavern/restaurant together. It's the place for the reunion. Negi deserves a healthy strangling. -.-"
Supposedly there is a timeskip to the future, and to the wedding, Fuutarou talks with Papa Nakano. Freaking quituplet game in the wedding, Fuutarou has to choose his Bride.
Old 2020-02-07, 06:23   Link #5291
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Notto disu shito agen
Old 2020-02-07, 06:26   Link #5292

Friday spoilers? But they look legit.

Let me get this out of the way. I fucking loathe Nino and Miku being put together. It makes me sick to my stomach.

How did everyone progress?
Ichika went from being a small time actress to getting a big role.
Miku went from being abysmal at cooking to being good and going to a cooking school.
Yotsuba went from helping sports clubs to getting a recomendation. She didn't do anything to get it, but still.
Itsuki went from failing even though she was studying to passing the exam to the university she wanted.
Even Fuutarou went from being best in school to going to the best university in Japan.
Nino went from being a genius cook to going to learn at a cooking school with Miku who couldn't even make anything edible a few months earlier.

Even putting aside that Negi made her completely regress and go backwards from wanting to be independent and stopping being chained by muh sisterhood.
Even putting aside that her future plans that Negi kept as a mystery for some reason got thrown down the toilet for the sake of being stuck to Miku.
Even putting aside that her dream got retconned to having nr.1 cake shop in Japan when she herself never said that.
She didn't even get to fulfill that stupid dream.

Fuck. You. Negi.
Old 2020-02-07, 06:32   Link #5293
Hakai

LMFAO

Looks like the last chapters will be very entertaining
Old 2020-02-07, 06:45   Link #5294
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
Let me get this out of the way. I fucking loathe Nino and Miku being put together. It makes me sick to my stomach.

How did everyone progress?
Ichika went from being a small time actress to getting a big role.
Miku went from being abysmal at cooking to being good and going to a cooking school.
Yotsuba went from helping sports clubs to getting a recomendation. She didn't do anything to get it, but still.
Itsuki went from failing even though she was studying to passing the exam to the university she wanted.
Even Fuutarou went from being best in school to going to the best university in Japan.
Nino went from being a genius cook to going to learn at a cooking school with Miku who couldn't even make anything edible a few months earlier.

Even putting aside that Negi made her completely regress and go backwards from wanting to be independent and stopping being chained by muh sisterhood.
Even putting aside that her future plans that Negi kept as a mystery for some reason got thrown down the toilet for the sake of being stuck to Miku.
Even putting aside that her dream got retconned to having nr.1 cake shop in Japan when she herself never said that.
She didn't even get to fulfill that stupid dream.

Fuck. You. Negi.
I share the same sentiment regarding quint pairs in general. I loathed Ichika-Miku, because Ichika was a freaking plot device, whose only purpose was to not let Miku progress. I took Scrambled Eggs as the final to this pair with the sauna talk... Only for Negi to drag Miku down with Ichika again in 6 chapters with Fake Miku, unnecessarily making Ichika involve herself with Miku again. Simultaneously, Nino-Miku emerge as the new pair, because why not, right? They are so cute! I freaking hate how those, who said these two lost ages ago because of frequently paired together were right. This is why 5toubun is not a subversion at all, because stuff like this shouldn't influence negatively ones chances.

But let's not go that way. I wanted 5 unique heroines with unique dreams.
An actress, a teacher, and a baker. The baker was also was a terrible cook, and also was Fuutarou best student, but surprise, she didn't want to go to university. Looks good so far.
If Negi made a surprise with Miku, why was it so hard to do something unique with Nino and Yotsuba? Yotsuba doesn't need to be a brain surgeon, but after all the build up to her revelation, what she wants to do in the future, sports was freaking anticlimactic. Doing the obvious after teasing the reader all this time is a huge letdown. The same for Nino, but it loses to Yotsuba, because Miku already decided ages ago on her path, while Negi stalled Nino's revelation, only to end up doing something similar, TOGETHER with her. Screw separation and tree branches. "I have 4 dreams, okay... I know! Nino can just go with Miku, whatever." - Haruba Negi.
----------

The madman really went for it.
https://i.imgur.com/RZY1pNI.jpg

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2020-02-07 at 10:04.
Old 2020-02-07, 10:34   Link #5295
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
A spoiler snippet just came out.
*Sigh* Get your pitchfork ready, 256! If it's true, then the implication is that Nino and Miku manages some kind of pub/tavern/restaurant together. It's the place for the reunion. Negi deserves a healthy strangling. -.-"
Supposedly there is a timeskip to the future, and to the wedding, Fuutarou talks with Papa Nakano. Freaking quituplet game in the wedding, Fuutarou has to choose his Bride.
Quote:
The madman really went for it.
https://i.imgur.com/RZY1pNI.jpg
Because having Yotsuba get chosen once wasn't enough for Negi, he has to show how super extra especial she is compared to the rest.
Old 2020-02-07, 10:57   Link #5296
WingedAccelerator

The last volume is dedicated to Negi trampling on the losers as much as possible. Although, Yotsuba supporters can't be that happy either with the lack of real lovey-dovey stuff, but they have won, so there's that. The Fuutarou-Yotsuba love story is left for imagination.

https://i.imgur.com/GgdLl2w.jpg
A new spoiler snippet said Miku has short hair now. *Adult design 3 years before the wedding*
It was fake. She has the same hairstyle as her adult design. Negi uses the designs after all.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2020-02-07 at 12:20.
Old 2020-02-07, 16:14   Link #5297

This happens before the actual ceremony, right?
How cruel do you have to put them in the wedding dresses in a situation they wanted, but know they can't have? What kind of person does that?
And there's still no closure to Nino's feelings. It probably got skipped like every other plot point related to her. Just don't mention it and it will somehow work out lmao.

So, since Nino is dependent on her sisters what happens if Miku ever decides to have her own family?
Will she move to another sister untill there's no place for her next to any of them and then will kill herself since she still wasn't able to move on from Fuutarou?
I loved how Negi in her character book said that he chose a rabbit as her motif because rabbits die of loneliness.

Oh, and since we're at the wedding already that means there's no explanation why Fuutarou started wearing the bracelet again after 75 chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Because having Yotsuba get chosen once wasn't enough for Negi, he has to show how super extra especial she is compared to the rest.
This is obviously the time for the great turnabout!
Old 2020-02-07, 17:40   Link #5298
WingedAccelerator

The translated chapter hopefully will answer some questions.

Consider the following:
- The quints agreed with the terms of choosing in Chapter 112. Of course, only Yotsuba would have made a big deal out of it, so she won and chapters passed with the usual helpful talks to her.
- After the disappointing closures or whatever they were supposed to be, the quints get further shitted on by spying on Yotsuba and Fuutarou actually dating, because they have no other plans to do. Some of them even gave advice to Fuutarou what to do or not do on a date.
- The day of the wedding. All of them somehow agreed to this game, even though it should make no sense. What else is there to prove?

A proper proposal involves years of dating, and if Fuutarou did it in the classic way, there shouldn't be any doubt in his love for Yotsuba, it should have had months of preparations for the wedding with family dinners. So what the hell is this quint game? Why did Yotsuba agree to this? Also, people mentioned that Fuutarou should be a fresh graduate at best, so why would the ceremony take place just after he finished university? Did Yotsuba rape him and is this a shotgun wedding? The theory that he didn't kiss her at all during all this years just for the Bell Kisser reveal is also a possibility. Did he fail his promise to Grandpa? Never visited him again, or when he visited him he failed, so they test him during the wedding? What's the point?

Also, I'm curious where Nino and Miku live. Hopefully, not together, because that would be insulting.
Old 2020-02-07, 19:50   Link #5299
Chosen_Hero

This is one of the things I feared would happen after the choice, this exact same thing right here:

Fuutarou choosing Yotsuba means that there was literally no need for any of this quintuplet game and it is just meant as one last time to further shit on the three older sisters.

Fuutarou choosing another sister would mean that everything from the choice to the wedding is just unnecessary filler that should never have existed meant to pad out the series in the most horrible way possible.

Fuutarou choosing Itsuki means that nothing in this world makes any damn sense and that anime and manga was a mistake all along so we should all just give up on it.

Negi just wrote himself and the series into a corner where no matter what choice he makes it just reinforces how bad everything from the choice up to this point was.
Old 2020-02-07, 20:52   Link #5300
rulfo

Just give me a red wedding at this point or a pie ending ala School Rumble. This god damn piece of shit story needs to go. Negi should never do serialized manga ever again.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck