AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-24, 08:59   Link #41
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

The whole thing feels contrived to me.

The most timid person in Japan becomes its only superhero? I guess there’s a why out there somewhere, but the show doesn’t seem to care to show it or deal with the logical problem of 1 hero trying to serve a large population…

The leader of the heroes decides the best way to help Shy is to… let an established hero beat her up? Could we not do some mentorship first? Or on the job training? The “beat them up until they quit” method seems oddly cruel for a group of heroes…

Why is Shy’s power fire? Even Stardust points out it doesn’t suit her. It kinda feels like the artist had a cool visual concept that didn’t fit the character but decided to keep it and wedge it into the story regardless of how well it didn’t work.

I hate being so down on an anime, especially one that would seem to want to do nice power of friendship stuff, but each episode is making it frustrating to like the world or people in it…
Old 2023-10-24, 18:49   Link #42
grecefar

after a pretty good first chapter this is going downhill quickly, it has been difficult to finish the chapters.

I guess this will be a drop in the next chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-26, 19:43   Link #43
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Shy. Episode III: Conversation at the Dinner Table

This was my second time watching episode three, and I got quite the gist on Shy's battle inexperience proving a liability to her for the battles to come ahead.

Yes, I do get that make her to fight one of the most battle-experienced heroes out there is just pushing it and out of her league. Furthermore, I cannot play the argument that Shy needs the battle experience to have an edge in any future battles against Stigma and his forces.

I can only predict some plot armor or deus-ex-machina will be played in the next episode for Shy to miraculously either land a hit on Stardust or remaining in one piece and psychological functional once the timer runs out.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-26, 23:52   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-03, 23:36   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man...Teru is getting out-hiked by an old woman. Thank goodness super powers don't seem to depend on or scale off of the person's normal physical abilities. No shame in being more of an indoor person. But if she's that out of shape...maybe she should start working out more.

And she did drag Piltz into this due to a personal request so...kind of fair enough that she ends up tagging along for the hike. And geeze, personality has some issues, but can't throw shade at Piltz battling to overcome her troubles. Put in the effort so that nothing looks unusual when she's running around.

Honestly I'm fine with just the Teru and Iko dynamic. But I guess having her interact with others is fine too. And if nothing else Teru should get a good push forward here. If Piltz can climb mountains after losing both her legs then Teru should be able to do more than she thinks.
Old 2023-11-04, 09:56   Link #46
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Shy. Episode IV: A Heartless Person

I get the gist.

Shy's heart-shift bracelet power enables her to conjure flames, since Iko awkwardly puts that Teru being shy boosts the formers' flames; quite a messy and poor explanation she pull out.

To get this power device straight away, what triggers Shy to awaken her flames is if she can trace even just a tinge of emotion like, for example, kindness from within her opponent.

If this is true, then it will be very haphazardly road for Shy not only to consciously manifest her powers but also to give them shape, to control them, and to trigger them when the circumstances forced her to do so.

I guess she got lucky able to get out a reaction from Stardust that triggered within him a distant memory from his childhood but with someone like Stigma whom empathy is nothing short of alien or a fairy-tale like to him, then she will be on a long road braving through misery.
Old 2023-11-06, 13:02   Link #47
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*Chinese character turns out to be a male*

No!
NO!!!
NooooooooooooooooooooO!

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2023-11-06, 16:54   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm curious on this one.

The story seemed set to establish the corrupted people as the enemies the main cast would have to take on. But now...this creepy kid has minions? I feel like the show either just needed the minions or the civilians. Both I guess can be used to truly overwhelm the heroes who are limited in their numbers. But I'm just surprised we're adding these guys into the mix.

And now we've got enemies that are both really strong and not easily subdued. No hand chopping that will immediately shut them down. Though I guess that would slow them down a bit...
Old 2023-11-10, 23:46   Link #49
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Shy. Episode V: Shine the Light

Two stories on Terus' daily lives that went hand in hand with each other, because it explored how she was able to come up with the method to draw out her flames.

The first story ended with Teru, Plitz, and Teru's old-lady acquaintance going on a hiking trip deep into the mountains. T

From the replies Teru got from Plitz's early background it is learned that the latter refused to let whether be her missing legs, or the bullies that used to torment her for her handicap, or her hero profession later in life to define whom she really was.

In turn, this inspired Teru to work harder to draw out her inner power but to no avail, until next day at school she spotted the calligraphy club and thought Girl A's calligraphic kanji for flame felt beautiful.

From the President and Girl A showing the club's personal ideals on calligraphy, Teru got the spark of inspiration to put hands to work and pouring her feelings on writing calligraphy she finally released her passion triggering literally her flames, although with mix results still at the end.

In short, Teru needs to work the passion in her heart so that the heart-shift bracelets can respond, and enable her to manifest her flames.

Ok, I got the gist but at the expense that this episode did not move the plot any forward on Stigma and his malicious deeds with the rings.
Old 2023-11-14, 18:27   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Don't worry kid. I don't think you're weird because you like magical girls. I think you're an odd child for harassing someone for wearing cosplay. Why even go to an event like that if someone wearing that outfit would bother him so much?
Old 2023-11-16, 15:44   Link #51
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Shy. Episode VI: Ice White

The plot for the sixth episode would have fit better taking place right after episode two with just some changes in the pacing and the plot flow. At least, sooner the audience would have had been exposed to Stigma revealing Amarariruku introducing to the present an idea on whom they are fighting against.

Well the villains side had been dormant for a little while so this episode marked their waking-up from slumber and going after the heroes with baiting.

Now, we know that Tzveta is in some way or another connected to Spirit calling the latter by a name that triggered on the nee-san heroine a surprised reaction.

As for Mian Long, he's gotten quite an interesting arsenal of moves, but I'm let down that he's holding himself back due to this pacifist approach at not wanting to hurt his enemies.

Honestly, Unilord needs to take more of Stardust's time to task him to train the budding heroes a tough and savage lesson on being relentless in the battlefield, because Amarariruku are Not going to return the favor by playing the being nice game on heroes like Shy and Mian Long.
Old 2023-11-23, 16:03   Link #52
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Shy. Episode VII: Unchain

I find myself with mix emotions whether or not I like the current episode format. I mean the seventh episode was divided into two distinct segments.

First, the plot made a huge chunk of progress forward with the analysis Unilord obtained from the rings and through Iko's personal experience.

The rundown I believe is that Stigma likely targets children and young teens to force them through a connection not only with his heart but also within his heart. The ensuing corruption of the victim's body may be as a resulting clash that they resist temporarily Stigma's ideal that the world would be better at peace so as long as children refuse to grow-up into adulthood.

Stigma's symbol of the black ball with the creepy eye is actually his idealized version of planet Earth where conflict has been time-stopped for good, but at the expense that children won't be growing-up. However, if that would be the case then that means said world would have no need for grown-ups.
It is quite intriguing if Stigma truly hates adults or sees them as useless, or an irony in a future episode would be that Amarariruku is actually run by an adult person from behind the shadows having Stigma assigned as both the leader and spokeperson of the group.
That or even remotely possible but still valid that Stigma himself is in fact an adult himself whom reverted to childhood through an unknown means like, for example, corrupting his own heart.

Then, once the meeting is cleared everyone paid a visit to see how Pesha was faring with her recovery, and she was not only anxious but also feeling self-loathing as she recalled her last encounter with Tzveta. And, as I also took notice during the last episode, Tzveta's physical resemblance to Pepesha could not be a coincidence. Therefore, I theorize either Tzveta is a family member, or she could be another version of Pepesha from either another dimension or an alternate reality. Or maybe Tzveta could be a physical embodiment of the darkness and self-loathing within Pepesha's heart.
Still, I would place a red flag or a yellow flag, at least, on Pepesha because she ain't good right now, because I presume that everybody else took notice of that purple flash of light twinkling on Pepesha's eye for a brief moment.

Now, moving on with the second part of the episode, Shy was asked to handle another community service mission cosplaying as the character Revozeale from Rebel! Civil Revolution! anime within an anime.

Another community service event involving live stage performance and talking to people or more specifically to kids much to Teru's horror and mental health.
But, the experience taught her that there are people out there willing to know more about her as her hero persona Shy and wanting to take an interest into her preferences and dreams for the future.

Conclusion whether is a good idea or not to dump a lot of information in one segment in order to move the plot while dedicating the next segment entirely to make instrospections into the MC's real life interactions.

Last edited by Guido; 2023-11-29 at 23:14.
Old 2023-11-28, 22:24   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Big problem with clown characters

They're supposed to be funny, but they really aren't. And their whole character relies on this, so the longer screen time they have, the more boring it getes

Old 2023-11-29, 14:41   Link #54
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Big problem with clown characters

They're supposed to be funny, but they really aren't. And their whole character relies on this, so the longer screen time they have, the more boring it getes
Reminded of "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker", where the Joker snaps due to Terry heckling him.

Terry: The real Batman never talked to you much, did he? That's probably why you were so fixated on him.
Joker: Don't play psychoanalyst with me, boy!
Terry: Oh, I don't need a degree to figure you out. The real reason you kept coming back was you never got a laugh out of the old man.
Joker: I'm not hearing this!
Terry: Get a clue, clowny! He's got no sense of humor! He wouldn't know a good joke if it bit him in the cape... not that you ever had a good joke.
Joker: Shut up... SHUT UP!
Terry: I mean, joy-buzzers? Squirting flowers? Lame! Where's the A-material? Make a face, drop your pants, something!
Joker: Show yourself!
Terry: You make me laugh... But only 'cause I think you're kinda pathetic. [starts laughing]
Joker: Stop that!
Terry: So you fell in a tank of acid, got your skin bleached and decided to become a supervillain. What? You couldn't get work as a rodeo clown? [Continues laughing]
Joker: Don't you dare laugh at me!
Terry: Why? I thought the Joker always wanted to make Batman laugh! [Keeps laughing]
Joker: YOU'RE NOT BATMAN!!
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-03, 02:16   Link #55
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Shy. Episode VIII: Surprise

Given the twist revealed once Amarariruku intruded at Yuri's Orphanage, no wonder I'm baffled at Tzveta just like Pesha was.

For starters, my suspicions on Tzveta being Pesha or a part from within the latter's heart were dashed away following the reveal from Teru looking at the album photos of Letana; Letana during her teen years being the exact, spitting image of Tzveta and too much to be a coincidence.

So, possibilities:
1. Tzveta may be Letana's twin. Impossible because Pesha confirmed her late mother never had relatives or other family members prior to the latter's life at the orphanage; Pesha recalled nothing about her mother ever disclosing other family besides her.

2. Tzveta may be an embodiment of Letana's heart carrying loathing for herself and the world. It could be possible since Stigma forcing people to connect to his heart let's him to show and share with them his ideal world of peace, which Tzveta either became convinced or took to heart at the expense of accumulating all the negativity in her heart. Nevertheless, that doesn't explain how Stigma got hold of Letana, since Pesha confirmed as well that her mother passed away, but she was never informed about the circumstances regarding the latter's death.

3. Tzveta may be Letana's clone. Unlikely since there's still too little information delivered on Tzveta's identity, but only that she agrees with Stigma's ideal world of peace and fantasy where children are not subject to the cruelty of adults; quite an irony to state that, since she began attacking the orphanage kids attempting to freeze them solid.

Hopefully, I'll get the answer in the next episode, but the circumstances are not faring well for Spirt and Shy as Tzveta conjured her dark ice to shroud all the orphanage facility within a veil of eternal freezing.
Old 2023-12-03, 07:18   Link #56
deadite

They aren't gonna explain how Letana is a single mother? That's kind of a big deal.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-04, 23:44   Link #57
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

So why does she have a child in the first place?
...Yeah, someone already said it before me

Also
Spoiler for ep10:

Old 2023-12-05, 01:15   Link #58
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
They aren't gonna explain how Letana is a single mother? That's kind of a big deal.
Based on the interaction in her household, it is very likely the depiction of Japanese single parent family. Nevertheless, Quora has different take on single mothers in Russia.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-08, 23:01   Link #59
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Shy. Episode IX: Melee, Trembling Fingertips

What to make of this episode?

This psycho girl, Kehehe, threw the mood off balance. What to make of her? Honestly, I do not know any better than Shy did.

A cartoonish but dark comical girl that I presume has no tangible objective but to make the audience smile within her amarariruku. She would be an example of a looney tunes character turned with a dark twist.

Now for the cream of the episode, I honestly felt Tzveta's monologue was tired, long-winded, and boring for her to explain her amarariruku world inside her heart. What I did get is she needed to absorb Pesha's heart as the trigger for her to regain her memories.

In short, Pesha realized Tzveta is her mother, but the latter's past doesn't connect with the reality of things that Pesha recalled. I mean does Tzveta hates the real world? or does she became aloof and disconnected of it, because she as Letana could not find the happiness in the outside that she was spoken about at the orphanage?

I presume all Amarariruku members have not clear and tangible motivations that explain how they ended up the way they are now, and how does that connects with their current, collective purpose. However, I might be or not debunked on that last statement.
Old 2023-12-18, 22:23   Link #60
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts: