AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-11, 00:24   Link #261
relentlessflame

*Administrator

EXTRA WARNING: This post (along with Deathkillz's previous post) contain major plot spoilers for both the game and anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 00:55   Link #262
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

wow never knew happiness could get so dark, really didn't expect that from the title lol! really felt that the episodes were a bit rushed and didn't leave a good feeling in my stomach, hopefull they will make up for it with the remaining two ep but i highly doubt it, not expecting too much from this anime, but i'm still going to watch it..
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 01:10   Link #263
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
EXTRA WARNING: This post (along with Deathkillz's previous post) contain major plot spoilers for both the game and anime.
Spoiler:
thats is what i ment lol...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 08:00   Link #264
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

well lets see what heppens in ep11 ~
Spoiler:

ahh well its nearly over...just 1 ep left i cant wait to see how they wrap things up ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-12-18, 00:34   Link #265
Pakxenon
popcorn

I was ORIGINALLY going to pick this up at the beginning of the season, but I decided not to. Then Jun came in. Then 4chan. Then I downloaded it on a whim.

Overall, Happiness! is decently entertaining, but not on the same level as a previously-watched Magikano. First two episodes were good but boring (especially with the lack of music), but the later three were decently funny (especially with JUN in the picture!). I'm still not happy about the animation - the gradient on their faces makes them look like they have a serious tan job that only affected the forehead.

I can't wait until the juicier parts where
Spoiler:
!!!
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 02:18   Link #266
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon View Post
I can't wait until the juicier parts where
Spoiler:
!!!
That's an amazingly misleading (and wrong) spoiler...
Old 2006-12-18, 05:53   Link #267
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

you know if you watch till the end im sure sumomo stays alive ~ this isnt the type of series that will go killing people off in front of our eyes (not including the past) ~ and besides i think the title gives up a lot of hint how the stroy will end

Old 2006-12-18, 13:23   Link #268
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
you know if you watch till the end im sure sumomo stays alive ~ this isnt the type of series that will go killing people off in front of our eyes (not including the past) ~ and besides i think the title gives up a lot of hint how the stroy will end
Damn! I was hoping for something extremely sad and bittersweet... *starts washing off black make-up*
Old 2006-12-21, 01:30   Link #269
ando

Haruhi!
ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 01:51   Link #270
relentlessflame

*Administrator

In anticipation of the finale, scheduled to air less than 12 hours from now, here are some scans from the first DVD.

Spoiler for DVD 1 Postcard:
Spoiler for DVD 1 Cover (front):
Spoiler for DVD 1 Reverse Cover (Fanservice! NSFW!):

Also included was a few insert pages (some lineart, a calendar sheet with the postcard art, etc.). The pages have a six-hole punch setup on the left, so I'm wondering if they might give us some sort of a binder later on. The DVD itself actually has a bunch of extras on it, in addition to the first two episodes. You've got an interview with Haruhi's VA, the textless OP (the updated version, which they use in the episodes too) and ED (the "stills" version used until episode 9), a PV for the OP song, little videos featuring the game CGs and character art set to the TV-size OP and ED, a bunch of Happiness anime commercials, and the first two episodes of the web radio show (audio only, of course). So, there's nothing in particular that really stands out, but on the whole it adds up to a lot more extras than you usually see on an anime DVD, which is nice.

I guess I haven't really been making that many comments about the show itself as it's been airing. Given that this is one of the few cases where I'd actually played the game before the show was over, my perspective has been a bit different. I'll reserve full judgement until I see the last episode, but I think the way they re-constructed the game plot is at least interesting. Mostly...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-21, 13:18   Link #271
martino
makes no files now

I want the DVD! *throws his blood stained handkerchief away*
Old 2006-12-21, 17:28   Link #272
relentlessflame

*Administrator

And the way it ended up was... pretty good. The overall plot probably won't win points for originality in some senses, but it wrapped up the show well, and made good use of all the characters.

Spoiler for Episode 12:
Old 2006-12-21, 19:55   Link #273
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
...And so ends my screen-capping tribute to Watarase Jun, the only man who a man can ever want.

I ♥ Jun - Part 12 (of 12)

(Okay, not really, because I skipped over a couple episodes' worth of screen captures)
The grand finale of Happiness! ranks second to last for anime ending by the start of the winter season, slightly higher than Yoake Mae yori Ruri-iro na just because it didn’t feature the lead male getting shot and reviving within minutes by the power of L♥VE.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 19:59   Link #274
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

oh i cant wait to watch this when i wake up another final ep for the autumn season >.< JUNNN!!! he is my only man! ~ i mean trap

Old 2006-12-22, 13:52   Link #275
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

and here comes another end to another autumn series (soz about double posting)
well lets see how they wrap things up
ep 12 final! ~
Spoiler:

well well that was wrapped up pretty well as the title suggests its a happy end for all ^_^

goodbye jun

Old 2006-12-24, 16:58   Link #276
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Yuletide Trap/Trick or Trap

Edit: the artist added much larger, wallpaper versions (with and without chibis).

Last edited by Maids! Maids! Maids!; 2006-12-25 at 01:54. Reason: Added newly found, alternate versions of an image.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 08:13   Link #277
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

all right, i made a decently short summary of Happiness Episode 12, the final episode in my anime blog.

Honestly though, Happiness! was a bit of a disappointment for me. With the lack of a budget and a moderately average story line, Happiness! flunked the test of an anime considering the rather high standards of graphical level in Japanese anime these days. However, a few redeeming facts include the oh-so-cute Jun as well as Haruhi being decent as a main lead. She is just a tad boring though.

Everything said, if you want to see a short summary of what happened....

Read it here if you want to see my entry and my short take on it.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 20:17   Link #278
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Not a bad series, from what my quite limited Japanese made of it anyway. *cough* .

Spoiler for last episode:

I think most of us are in agreement that Jun 'man trap', was quite obviously one of the highlights of the show . I'm really not quite sure what's going through the minds of the game/anime designers these days.... but drink it up regardless!!! (that's a bit of rhetoric actually but feel free to enlighten me ^_~)

*kicks ren*, just start working again already, damn it!

Last edited by EtherNEZ; 2006-12-26 at 20:18. Reason: err, clarifying the spoiler for the last episode...
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 02:07   Link #279
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Well it looks like discussion died out completely after the last ep (even though the subs are still far from done).

I'm reporting here about the just released OVA, which focuses on JUN!
Spoiler:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 14:34   Link #280
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I've got a bunch of (badly-resized) screencaps and a summary of sorts on my blog.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artland, bishoujo, comedy, drama, romance, seinen, supernatural, windmill