AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-04, 18:39   Link #361
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Well, compared to other chapters, it's pretty average, but since it has alot of timeskip!Raki in it, I give it extra points.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-07-04, 18:43   Link #362
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
Well, compared to other chapters, it's pretty average, but since it has alot of timeskip!Raki in it, I give it extra points.
...Fine.

Anyway, I hope Yagi doesn't do a reversal and make Priscilla's brain grow back. It will jar my senses again.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:46   Link #363
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Why is it that this current generation (post 7-year time skip) of Claymores are all cocky and arrogant?

Gosh, they're too full of themselves.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:47   Link #364
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The bloodlines run thin, Guido.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:48   Link #365
Zsych

It seems that Priscilla has become quite lovable. Maybe the kind of kid she was before becoming a Claymore... probably going to have a tragic end. Really hope she doesn't go out doing something good though.

As for Rune... Unless Clare has another meeting with Riful somehow, I don't see why Clare would end up meeting Rune - short of AB Rune escaping Riful. At present Riful should be taking Rune to the site of whatever tool she intends to use to beat Priscilla.

And regarding Isley being absent. He seemed to be mainly concerned that Priscilla not get off-ed. He knows that at present, there is no power around that can kill Priscilla, so he's probably not that concerned and can get back to his life (I still think that Isley saw something/someone in Priscilla that made him care for her - but he may be mostly done withher now)

Over all, the manga seems a bit strange lately, with it not really being clear what's happening or what the current goal is... and that's all I really have to say after reading a new 31 page chapter in a monthly manga...

@Guido: I think it may be because they hunt ABs more often, have more battle experience against powerful beings, and thus reason for more confidence.... not that Irene, Galatea, Ophelia, Sophia, etc. were lacking in confidence.. so maybe it is as it has always been... only weak people doubt themselves and have to learn to live decently in society being decent people, while the powerful really don't.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:51   Link #366
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I don't think they're any more arrogant than the previous generation.

Galatea was vain, Ophelia mad, Miria, Deneve and Helen bullied Clare at first. I think the new generation is pretty cool once you get to know them. I just hung up with Rachel after a long chat, and girlfriend, the lesbo stories she had to tell...

Priscilla had always been cute. Likewise, Jeffrey Dahmer was once a cute child.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:59   Link #367
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsych View Post
Over all, the manga seems a bit strange lately, with it not really being clear what's happening or what the current goal is... and that's all I really have to say after reading a new 31 page chapter in a monthly manga...
But that's what's interesting, isnt it? We'll know Riful's plan soon enough and it fits into the storyline considering that Riful has been searching for a Claymore able to read Yoki very well for a long time now.

And she is maybe getting impatient, because really ... the way she attacked Renee was completely different from how she did play with Clare and Galatea (never really intending to kill them and letting them get away in the end) and also back when she attacked Audrey and Rachel, when she gave them space to move.

She might be annoyed because last time Clare & Co messed up her plans, because she played with her prey before ... now she doesn't play but captures Renee right away.
Old 2008-07-04, 19:05   Link #368
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post
Yes it is correct like this ^^ So her name is supposed to be pronounced the French way (like Beyoncé f.ex.) and not English as Reniiii ^^
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I'll use "Renee".
Old 2008-07-04, 19:10   Link #369
KillerYomaFromSpace

so nice to see Riful finally making her move, now she is on the motherfucker
Old 2008-07-04, 19:22   Link #370
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

I don't understand why Priscilla is quickly approaching her limit. For heaven's sake, it has been seven years. If you can keep it up that long, you have probably acquired immunity. And isn't it a huge coincidence that she is reaching her limit when G7 decided to take action?

Riful is very skilled at concealing her yoki so it's not Renee's fault to get caught. Since Isley-Priscilla alliance is broken, I wonder who Riful's next target will be. Riful is hunting claymores one by one, so isn't it time to send Alicia after her? Alicia has to prove her worth, right?
Old 2008-07-04, 19:29   Link #371
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
As usual another chapter ends in a cliffehanger.... I HATE CLIFFEHANGERS!
Old 2008-07-04, 19:46   Link #372
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
As usual another chapter ends in a cliffehanger.... I HATE CLIFFEHANGERS!
Chill. Claymore chaps almost always end like this.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:08   Link #373
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post
Yes it is correct like this ^^ So her name is supposed to be pronounced the French way (like Beyoncé f.ex.) and not English as Reniiii ^^
I don't know how much English you get to hear in West Germany, but I have never heard anyone here pronounce Renee as Reniiii.
In English, it's "re" and in the 're' from 'rent' and "nee" as in 'neigh'/'nay'.

I.e. I insist that English->Japanese it would be レネイ either レネー.
Dunno about French.

Your example with Rubel: ルヴル (RU-VU-RU)
Let's say it is Louvre.
The 'e' in English is silent, just like the trailing 'u' in 'vu' and 'ru' can be in japanese. So that one would, in a twisted sort of way (via LU-V-R), be considered correct. Renee is another story though.
It's true that they basterdized Rene Descartes as RUNE DEKARUTO, but pronouciation wise it makes no sense.

Although we transliterate ルネ as RUNE/LUNE, since they resemble English words, people often mispronounce them (as 'roon/loon'). It should be 'ru-ne' (ru/lu as in "the ru- from rune"/"loo", ne as in "ney"). But that's upto the the individual readers I guess.

Transliteration Rune/Lune - or the french interpretation Reneé - your choice guys. Personally I hate writing the accent so I think I'll stick with Lune/Rune. Doesn't look like it will matter much since this is probably the last time we see her as a Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Is that you Cyclone? lol
Innocent of all charges.
This is why profiling alone isn't enough to convict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
If we would be talking about strong youma then yes, it would be rubbish and sharing such information with everyone would be stupid, but Priscilla isn't "strong youma". She's the most powerful being on the island so I think such detail has more significance than Galatea's cloud preference. After what Miria said, Galatea saying: "Yeah, let's attack MiB and everything will sort by itself, whatever that there's being far stronger than Alicia and Beth, it certainly wouldn't attack us. Heck, why am I even saying it, let's kill those bastards, some über powerful AB is irrelevant to our case" with sarcastic tone would be more probable.
If it was only strong youma she sensed I doubt Galatea would leave it alone, rather attacked it. After all even the strongest youma was no match to her, she could kill it with a fork or bare hands even and no one would notice because of her speed. If Raki could do it using sword, she could do it with her tongue . So I assume either she didn't sense her or sensed AB which seemed weaker than Agatha on restraint (she said herself she kept low profile and was on a diet) and didn't bother to do anything. Either way it shows how good Priscilla had to be at suppressing youki.

About Riful getting better at suppressing youki, it certainly is a possibility but it's strange she wasn't that good before. She had so much time to fully develop this skill and conveniently she managed to do so now.
What bothers me is that Raki started travelling with Priscilla "many years ago" (according to shrimpy's translation) meaning it must have been not long after we've seen him last. So from the start Raki assumed that she was harmless awakened being even though he didn't know her that much. Even if he knew about her true identity only after he started to travel with her alone, it would be bold statement that he didn't see her eating guts, because he wasn't with Priscilla at all times then. It seems anime wasn't that far away from truth after all.
Think about this logically.
Current numbers 3-5 suck. Painfully so.
So... Miss No. 6... There is an old expression - among the blind, a one eyed man is king.

Our Goddess Galatea detected Riful when Clare did not, from outside. This girl, while she does clue in a lot faster than Audrey or Rachel, has Ruful and Pricilla on her by the time she notices. She may be better than the average Claymore, but I wouldn't even put her at Miria level, much less a Tabitha, and definitely not post blindness Galatea's. Best we can say for Rune is that she's good enough for Riful's purposes (she passes). There is no way Galatea would not notice Pricilla from miles away.

So why didn't she say anything? Simple - what's there to say?

Galatea: "About a year ago a really powerful AB came and went"
Miria: "Who was it?"
Galatea: "Dunno - didn't want to get near it"
Clare: "Where did it go?"
Galatea: "Dunno - wasn't dumb enough to follow it"
Helen: "What it it want?"
Galatea: "No idea - just came and left shortly afterwards"
Deneve: "So what are we supposed to do about it?"
Galatea: "Nothing - just FYI"
Yuma: "So why are you telling us this?"
Galatea: "No reason"

... yeah ... great way to introduce yourself to the team.

--
(Galatea's tongue - I could go for death like that...)

Last edited by monir; 2008-07-08 at 17:49. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
Old 2008-07-04, 20:10   Link #374
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Cyclone, you might want to consolidate your posts together.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:18   Link #375
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
Allow me to gloat along with Chiba. After pitching a thought about small Priscilla, backed up by montages from images of the manga, among others, and yet being told that it was impossible, that she was taller, that it made no sense, etc, it's nice to see I was right after all.
Ahem! You claimed she was the same size.
She had shrunk from not eating.
So all those photo montages were wrong and I can gloat too becuase I too said "it's not Pricilla as we've come to know her".

Ah well - congrats to you guys for guessing correctly.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:19   Link #376
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Think about this logically.
Current numbers 3-5 suck. Painfully so.
So... Miss No. 6... There is an old expression - among the blind, a one eyed man is king.

Our Goddess Galatea detected Riful when Clare did not, from outside. This girl, while she does clue in a lot faster than Audrey or Rachel, has Ruful and Pricilla on her by the time she notices. She may be better than the average Claymore, but I wouldn't even put her at Miria level, much less a Tabitha, and definitely not post blindness Galatea's. Best we can say for Rune is that she's good enough for Riful's purposes (she passes). There is no way Galatea would not notice Pricilla from miles away.

So why didn't she say anything? Simple - what's there to say?

Galatea: "About a year ago a really powerful AB came and went"
Miria: "Who was it?"
Galatea: "Dunno - didn't want to get near it"
Clare: "Where did it go?"
Galatea: "Dunno - wasn't dumb enough to follow it"
Helen: "What it it want?"
Galatea: "No idea - just came and left shortly afterwards"
Deneve: "So what are we supposed to do about it?"
Galatea: "Nothing - just FYI"
Yuma: "So why are you telling us this?"
Galatea: "No reason"

... yeah ... great way to introduce yourself to the team.

--
(Galatea's tongue - I could go for death like that...)
Ya maybe they just haven't got around to that part yet. Though I got to say things would be alot easyer if evrybody knew what was going on. That is whats so fustrating. We know about the big picture (sort off) but then there is so much in terms of events and motivations for characters that everybody just doesn't know. Miria needs to tell everybody her info. Clare needs to tell everybody more about Priscilla because its not just about her anymore. We need to find out about what Galatea knows in terms of the ORG. and the other newer Claymores need to get with the big picture. Gosh I can't wait for everything to start coming together.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:20   Link #377
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
Ya maybe they just haven't got around to that part yet. Though I got to say things would be alot easyer if evrybody knew what was going on. That is whats so fustrating. We know about the big picture (sort off) but then there is so much in terms of events and motivations for characters that everybody just doesn't know. Miria needs to tell everybody her info. Clare needs to tell everybody more about Priscilla because its not just about her anymore. We need to find out about what Galatea knows in terms of the ORG. and the other newer Claymores need to get with the big picture. Gosh I can't wait for everything to start coming together.
That was what I've been waiting since the timeskip, for all the pieces to come together.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:29   Link #378
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
I don't know how much English you get to hear in West Germany, but I have never heard anyone here pronounce Renee as Reniiii.
In English, it's "re" and in the 're' from 'rent' and "nee" as in 'neigh'/'nay'.
Suppose it depends on the person, but then it's even better because you don't need to put the accent and the pronunciation stays the same =)
I just added that because the Katakana PureYoki found was "Renii" for Renee ... and that has to be an English pronunciation or maybe his translator's mistake. Indeed I have never seen the spelling "Renii" so far.
But compare how Chloe turns into "Klo-ee" in English while Chloé is "Klo-ey" or Aimée turning into "Amy", so I bet that there are people that pronouce Renee as Renii

Else Renee or Renée is the same with or without accent.

Quote:
I.e. I insist that English->Japanese it would be レネイ either レネー
Yes, well, the Japanese chose レネ "Rene" for the English pronunciation. I don't always agree with their spellings either ^^ There are very few examples of レネイ also, but レネ is by far the most frequent. (They don't seem to render the English pronunciation of "é"as "ay", Beyoncé is also ビヨンセ and not ビヨンセイ)

Quote:
It's true that they basterdized Rene Descartes as RUNE DEKARUTO, but pronouciation wise it makes no sense.
It does make sense in a way, because the French "e" is silent (or not sure how to describe it) as well (different from "é"). So French "e", as in René, is a sound that does not exist in Japanese and "u" is as close as they can get to it, while "é" stays as "e" ... and that gives you Rune.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:31   Link #379
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think Galatea not mentioning sensing Priscilla is fine and fits with the story. Priscilla's only real ability she had as a claymore was suppressing her youki. That and being more powerful than everyone. We know Riful can disguise herself to the extent it is scary, and it seems Priscilla has gone even beyond that. Priscilla might even be cloaked at this point. IF that is the case then there is no way a casual glance would have detected her from Galatea. Galatea is awesome at sensing, but even she cannot sense cloaked claymores... yet.

And on a different tenant of the same theme (one that slightly disagrees with my above post) even if Galatea did sense her, Priscilla was not eating anyone in Rabona, so no way Galatea would have gone in after her especially knowing her power. Galatea has such a long youki sense it would be silly to mention everything she has sensed. From the organizations HQ she sensed Isley and Luciella fighting in the south. So either way, whether Galatea did sense Priscilla or didn't, it makes sense to me that she has not mentioned it. If she did sense Priscilla then it might come up in future issues, like the issue about the sword being unbreakable.

I don't think the sensing Riful comparison is a fair benchmark for Renee as we do not know when Galatea sensed Riful. While I certainly think Galatea is better than Renee I do not think that means she is sucky. That would be like comparing characters fighting power to Teresa. The ghosts are strong, Teresa was stronger than all of them combined * ( I hold to that statement). Not quite fair. Also how Galatea and Renee met Riful were very different situations. Riful was being leasurely and polite when she met Galatea. Riful was hunting Renee down. I just think all this new generation character = teh sux is silly as many of them are getting stuck against Riful.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:32   Link #380
mosmos
Awakend Of Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Why is it that this current generation (post 7-year time skip) of Claymores are all cocky and arrogant?

Gosh, they're too full of themselves.
.. I think Galetea was pretty arrogant too .. but she was the eye .

And speaking or arrogance ... Teresa's indifferent attitude is unmatched ...but she was no.1

Last edited by mosmos; 2008-07-04 at 20:47.
Closed Thread