AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-26, 03:44   Link #341
foolonthehill

This really sucks

I was searching for a keyword in this forum, because I wanted to discuss something about the anime, but the first search result was from a manga thread, and the first sentence of that post gave away the ending (well, just what happens to Raito.)

I just caught a glance and then it was too late... Meh, I guess its my own fault for using the search function and having the results show up as posts rather than threads. But there's no other way to really find what you're looking for. I thought the spoiler tags would stop me from reading something I shouldn't, but I forgot there's a manga thread where I guess people have no need to use spoiler tags.

Well, its a fitting ending if you think about it. I don't suppose they could have made it work any other way.

Anyway, I hope this doesn't ruin the show for me. What do you guys think?
Old 2006-12-26, 04:15   Link #342
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Actually, there is a decent chance that they won't use the same ending as in the manga. They already made up a second ending for the live-action movie (which some people prefer) so they might use that ending. Or they might create a third ending for the anime. Considering the total episode count for the series (too small to adapt the entire manga), it is rather likely that they will use the movie ending or else make up a new one, so you might not know how it ends.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-12-26, 04:49   Link #343
foolonthehill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Actually, there is a decent chance that they won't use the same ending as in the manga. They already made up a second ending for the live-action movie (which some people prefer) so they might use that ending. Or they might create a third ending for the anime. Considering the total episode count for the series (too small to adapt the entire manga), it is rather likely that they will use the movie ending or else make up a new one, so you might not know how it ends.
I love you =)

That has at least given me some hope. I think from now on, I'm staying away from all links and forums relating to the anime I watch. I've ruined too many storylines for myself. Time to learn the lesson.

Oh, and I personally think they should go for a third ending, in which Raito impregnates Ryuk, but constantly denies it due to the baby having no resemblance whatsoever to Raito, and also being dumb as a brick. Ryuk eventually goes on the Maury Povich show to prove that he doesn't sleep around. The tests prove that the baby is, in fact, Raito's. The lovers reunite and live happily ever after in a trailer off of I-90 in South Dakota
Old 2006-12-26, 20:56   Link #344
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This is an adaptation of the manga - i'm one of the fans thats wasen't impressed with the second part of the story, though using the same ending as the manga should be used. Thats just how i see it~
Old 2006-12-28, 07:31   Link #345
bluemist
i am the mist

Interesting! I learn something new everyday.

Last week I saw the Death Note recap/making-of episode and found out that Ryuk's seiyuu is actually Nakamura Shidou! This guy is well-known for taking the lead in Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu (popular romance movie in 2004), roles in Jet Li's Fearless, Letters from Iwo Jima, and of course the same Ryuk in the two Death Note movies.

Interesting that a guy this popular took up an otaku-ish seiyuu role but oh well. He's actually having a rough time, wife troubles with Takeuchi Yuko (lead in Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu... er... they actually married after shooting the movie!)
Old 2007-01-05, 19:49   Link #346
myopius

foolonthehill, it's a good thihg Ryuk wasn't made to look like a visual kei band member, otherwise I could read stories like that in serious fanfic, probably...

Looks like we're going to have to wait till January 10 for the next episode (~January 12, if like me you don't speak Japanese). Not looking forward to it as much as the episodes which follow it, but I'm sure by the time the 10th rolls around I'll be in need of my fix so it won't matter.
Old 2007-01-06, 04:19   Link #347
Siegel Clyne

Death Note Television Audience Ratings (Episodes 1-13)

DEATH NOTE Late Night Television Audience Ratings on NTV - Kantou Region (Tokyo, Yokohama, etc.), Japan

Episode 01 - 3.4%
Episode 02 - 3.1%
Episode 03 - 3.2%
Episode 04 - 3.1%
Episode 05 - 3.6%
Episode 06 - 4.0%
Episode 07 - 4.4%
Episode 08 - 3.8%
Episode 09 - 3.8%
Episode 10 - 3.4%

Episode 11 - 2.9%
Episode 12 - 2.1%
Episode 13 - 2.3%
Average*** - 3.32%

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-01-10 at 21:31. Reason: Added television audience rating for episode 13 of Death Note.
Old 2007-01-10, 15:32   Link #348
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Well lookie here!

http://animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=915

So how will this affect the fansubs?
Old 2007-01-10, 17:46   Link #349
Lambda

I'll give you ten to one it'll be crippled by DRM.
Old 2007-01-10, 18:09   Link #350
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Well lookie here!

I'm not too sure what to make of this new. It could go either way, I guess.. Some groups would probably continue subbing it no matter what, based on popularity alone.
Old 2007-01-10, 18:36   Link #351
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Well lookie here!

Probably not a great deal. There will always be groups that sub even after license announcements. But the more relevant question is: how will this work out?

It is an interesting idea, but it's hard to get interested, personally, seeing as how I'm outside North America so I'll inevitably won't be able to use the service. Seems like Viz wants to go down the same path as iTunes and similar and provide data for dollars. I'm not sure how it's working for the online music industry since I haven't really been paying attention to that, but the big question I think it raises is: how do they prevent piracy? I also think they need some sort of advertising campaign before it'd sell.

It'd be interesting to see how it goes, but also a bit annoying since I know that I can't take part. Oh well, I always prefer the actual physical DVDs anyway. A lot of the point of purchasing anime is to have that collection build up so you can look at it and admire it, or show it off to your friends. Can't really do that with files on your harddrive.
Old 2007-01-10, 19:42   Link #352
Lambda

The announcement doesn't seem to say that it's licensed in conventional terms, ie. DVDs. It only seems to say that presumably DRM'ed files will be made available, which are useless to anyone who genuinely owns their own computer. As far as I'm concerned, that scenario is equivalent to nothing at all.
Old 2007-01-10, 19:53   Link #353
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda View Post
The announcement doesn't seem to say that it's licensed in conventional terms, ie. DVDs. It only seems to say that presumably DRM'ed files will be made available, which are useless to anyone who genuinely owns their own computer. As far as I'm concerned, that scenario is equivalent to nothing at all.
Since you don't have a clue as to what they plan to do nor do you know which DRM scheme will be used, right now you are just spewing clueless vitriol which just shows your ignorance and hatred toward DRM. Wait until they announce how they are going to do this before saying its useless. By the way, DVDs are DRMd and you don't see anyone saying similar things about those.
Old 2007-01-10, 21:39   Link #354
Satsujin
mew~

Looks like L-E is done with Desu Noto.
Old 2007-01-10, 22:59   Link #355
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Yup, it is licensed.

ToriyamaWorld are dropping it too.
________
VAPORGENIE VAPORIZER

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:51.
Old 2007-01-10, 23:14   Link #356
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I think its a interesting way to go about it - even more so when looking at just how popular the Death Note franchise is. Shall be interesting to see how this goes.
Old 2007-01-11, 02:09   Link #357
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Well we all knew this was gonna happen. I just hope its picked up by another fansub since I need my weekly DN fix
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-11, 02:52   Link #358
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Hmm, even though it is licensed but I find it quite weird to post this thread here under the licensed category. I tink that it will be better juz to put it back within the DN category by itself. If not, it is actually quite confusing and oso troublesome for pple who actually want to discuss both the episode and oso the tv series on the whole, together with other dn related links.

Juz a suggestion though
Old 2007-01-11, 04:06   Link #359
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's some scuttlebutt that Viz plans to "fansub" the remainder on their own (using the broadcast files) and provide them for cheap(?free?) as a sort of controlled viral marketing experiment rather than the "wild viral marketing" that we get now via hobbyist fansubs. Then they sell the high quality & cleaned up DVD releases later.

IF this is true, it'll be very interesting to see if it flies -- as this is one of the prime arguments about fansubbing broadcast series -- it builds offshore buzz that benefits the distributors when they release the DVD enhanced versions.
Old 2007-01-11, 05:19   Link #360
Lambda

If they had DVD distribution rights, don't you think they'd have mentioned it?
Closed Thread