AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-16, 20:09   Link #101
Lazarus

Why only one..

What I can't understand is why there is only 1 fansub group working on this. Other less worthy shows have 2 or 3 groups working on them.

Someone will probably say "who wants to work on a project someone else is already working on", and I would agree, if it was being worked on in real time.

Nature abhors a vacuum and all that, right?
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 08:54   Link #102
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
I think there'll be other groups working on this...It looks pretty cool so far, so I imagine another group will also do this Time will tell~
Old 2006-05-18, 03:39   Link #103
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
What I can't understand is why there is only 1 fansub group working on this. Other less worthy shows have 2 or 3 groups working on them.

Someone will probably say "who wants to work on a project someone else is already working on", and I would agree, if it was being worked on in real time.

Nature abhors a vacuum and all that, right?
The answer is because Ayu is working on it... if I'm not mistaken they're also working on Higurashi no Naku Koro ni... which is also being subed by wind... wind is faster... but that's probably because they've picked it up earlier...

Hmm... it's hard to tell if they're still working on it or not (The third)... I guess you could say that because they haven't released a single sub Apr 30 2006 (too lazy to calculate the time difference) that they've given up on it... well... groups announce if they're working on a project but don't really announce if they give up on one... or at least I don't know were to find that information... maybe they release subs... but keep them strictly on IRC... who knows...

Fortunately... for this show... I can live with raws even if I don't understand more then 20% of the dialog...

Well if you really want to stick to subs maybe SS-Gakido will sub it (they subbed the promo)... if I'm not mistaken there have been shows that have been subbed years after they've finished airing... *somehow that doesn't make sense to me... *

Q. Frankly I would also like to know if Ayu is still going to sub it or not... I'm not picky... I don't care when they decide to release a sub... or if it's not supper high quality...

____________<< Little side comment >>____________

To answer the original point of your question...

Not all good shows have 2-3 or more groups subbing them ... I think the over subbing craze has subsided a bit... *thinks of bleach*... Suzumiya Haruhi is probably the biggest surprise of the season and how many groups are subbing it (the answer is one) (and I said Suzumiya Haruhi is one of the biggest surprises of the season because compared to other shows the fans are fanatical about it )

Fansubers sub shows that they like... it's not like they gather and decide group X is going to sub anime Y *well that's what I think they do*

It's all about perspective... a show will probably have more fansubs... or maybe I should say it will have fansubs... if the show has fansubber fans... and I don't think this one has that many...

Lets put it this way... how many people post in this thread... as far as I can tell the show is good but relatively unknown... it's not like it's not popular but doesn't take much IMO to bash a show... most people think that they've actually watched all the good shows ... IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED ALL OF THEM YOU CAN'T POSIBLY PROUVE THAT... that and it's not like everyone rates the same thing as good or bad... just because someone happens to like most of the things you do doesn't mean that if he/she rates it as bad then you won't like it...

One more thing... people like to base they're opinion (whether they think a show will be worth watching) on a promo or a review... or images... maybe Ava/Sigs... hell when I saw the promo for The Third I just went... "it's crap..." ... that and it's very easy to ignore something... like this thread for example... forgey about posting... how many people do you think actually read past page 1... or bother to say what they think about it...*why is it bad not to read past page 1... because people that post on page 1 usually just watched the promo... or haven't watched even that...*

Just so you know... if the above means those people are stupid then I'm stupid too ... because I usually do most of those things...

P.S.

Concerning Reviews...

No offence to the people that write them... but if you see them base it on only 1 or 2 ep then you're better of ignoring it... weather they say it's good or bad... it usually doesn't mean a thing... and can just confuse people... and if they don't say what's the number of ep they're basing it on is... then... sometimes... the review is just total crap...
Old 2006-05-18, 16:46   Link #104
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
Q. Frankly I would also like to know if Ayu is still going to sub it or not... I'm not picky... I don't care when they decide to release a sub... or if it's not supper high quality...
Ayu's website lists the Third as an 'In Progress' project. If that changes (i.e. if they drop it) they will tell you there and on their forums. Ayu are usually very reliable with their projects and will only drop it if it gets licensed.

As ever, patience is the best virtue.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 04:32   Link #105
Siegel Clyne

Fila Marik is Lacus Clyne - The Third ~Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo~

Anime On DVD Community Forums: Fila Marik is Lacus Clyne - The Third ~Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo~

Quote:
Za Saado ~Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo~ part3

537 : [Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyou Ita de] : 2006/05/21(Nichi) 00:33:44 ID:KpDgn5j5
Tane toka butteiru seiyuu ooi na
Honoka = Miriaria
Jouganki = Muu (Neo)
Fira Mariiku = Rakusu, Miia
Meirin = Hiruda

538 : [Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyou Ita de] : 2006/05/21(Nichi) 00:58:57 ID:xdGTig71
Maa, Tane deteta seiyuu ooi shi

541 : [Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyou Ita de] : 2006/05/21(Nichi) 01:02:36 ID:kR03VjG5
Fira tte Rakusu koe na no ka.....
Zenzen kizukankatta.
---
The Third ~Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo~ Part 3

537 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind @ The Real Condition with the Live Board] : 2006/05/21 (Sunday) 00:33:44 ID:KpDgn5j5
Among other things, The Third shares many voice actors with Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED DESTINY:
Honoka = Miriallia [Haw] = Toyoguchi Megumi
Jouganki = Mu [La Flaga] (Neo [Lorrnoke]) = Koyasu Takehito
Fila Marik = Lacus [Clyne], Meer [Campbell] = Tanaka Rie
Meyrin [Hawke] = Hilda = Orikasa Fumiko

538 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind @ The Real Condition with the Live Board] : 2006/05/21 (Sunday) 00:58:57 ID:xdGTig71
You might say, many voice actors from Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED DESTINY have appeared in The Third.

541: [Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind @ The Real Condition with the Live Board] : 2006/05/21 (Sunday) 01:02:36 ID:kR03VjG5
The voice of Fila is Lacus.....?
I didn't recognize her at all.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 07:21   Link #106
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Siegel Clyne
Mind explaining what the significance of the quote is... all I see is Gundam Seed... and a lot of numbers and dates @_@

So some actors from
Gundam Seed appeared in The Third... I've never seen Gundam Seed so it makes no difference to me... should it ?!... right now the only one I don't like is Ikus's VA... but that's probably because I don't particularly love the character that much... the rest are OK in my opinion and analyzing them in detail doesn't make sense... and will probably just spoil some of the fun in the show... hence no point in discussing it...
*I suggest refraining from a GS discussion... I've seen people flaming and bashing left and right when discussions of this particular masterpiece started popping up in some of the Otome Ep discussion threads... for some reason this series planted the seeds of trolling in people*
@ Sonhex
For some reason... I like things that eat away at my patience... the more they eat the more fun I have when they're done...
*Wooow... Ayu sure has some list of projects there...*

Spoiler for Ep6:

Last edited by felix; 2006-05-23 at 23:14.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 08:00   Link #107
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
[*]From what I see there was a lot of story development... too bad I don't understand japanese... well I think I couth something important... Hmm... from what I can tell seems that Hono-chans powers are telekinetic while the thirds are telepathic...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-21, 12:41   Link #108
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Spoiler for Avatarts and Sigs posibe Ep spoilers:

Last edited by felix; 2006-05-23 at 23:16.
Old 2006-05-21, 13:04   Link #109
lavielove

wow. that's looking good. Hanoka really looked like a bad girl in the first one =D
More batches huh ? I will bring some too =D that's gonna be fun.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 13:09   Link #110
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Last edited by felix; 2006-05-23 at 23:16.
Old 2006-05-21, 14:04   Link #111
lavielove

honoka's collection special edition. ^^;; anisuki compatible [good morning honoka]

ikus's collection special edition. ^^;; anisuki compatible [looking at the azure sky]

Ikus:what! you just said , I'm a freeloader !

2 girls collection special edition. ^^;; anisuki compatible [endless sunset]

end of collection ^^;;

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-07-25 at 12:19. Reason: lol! christmas trees ^^
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 14:31   Link #112
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The first one is so funny... that should be an AS banner for all to see ^^...

Last edited by felix; 2006-05-23 at 23:17.
Old 2006-05-21, 14:57   Link #113
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
(I'm the encoder for Ayu's The Third)
Yes, of course we're still working on it. Until we explicitly say that we've dropped it, we ARE working on it. Ayu doesn't exactly have a reputation of being fast subbers, you know. In any case, you should expect 03 to be out Real Soon Now.

Oh, and BTW, would you please stop abusing the forum formatting codes like that? Your posts are incredibly annoying to read. The fact that the features are there doesn't mean that it's a good idea to use them all at once. How about you put some more effort into actually writing and some less into making your posts look like christmas trees?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 15:32   Link #114
Mangaka-chan

I downloaded the Chinese subs and I have to say that episode 5 is really good. For some reason I liked the animation in this episode a lot and the part where Milie runs to Honoka was really touching to watch.

Spoiler:
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 07:13   Link #115
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
(I'm the encoder for Ayu's The Third)
Yes, of course we're still working on it. Until we explicitly say that we've dropped it, we ARE working on it.
Actually I didn't... I'm not that knowledgeable of the history of fansub groups or of fansubing in general... sorry if my previous post sounded rood... it wasn't my intention to harass you ... i was just asking and expressing my opinion ...

This doesn't mean much... but... thanks for sticking with the series ...

Quote:
Ayu doesn't exactly have a reputation of being fast subbers, you know. In any case, you should expect 03 to be out Real Soon Now.
Sure you may not keep up with the episodes weekly... but from what I read in another thread you are super fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I despair of finishing watching the end of Jigoku Shoujo. The only active group is Ayu and they are far in the dust. Then a miracle occurs. Ayu releases another episode at the end of April. Their second that month. Then they release another EIGHT episodes in the first 2 weeks of May. OMG! Jelly releases episode 24 just after Ayu passes Shinsen at episode 17. Unfortunately while Jelly has found the raw to 24, they are still looking for raws to 25 and 26. I wait, hopeful, though not confident that Ayu's strange spurt of speed will continue.

Then Ayu releases 2 more episodes and Shinsen releases another 1. Yay, Shinsen is subbing again. But before we can see if Shinsen will manage to finish the show Ayu releases the last 7 episodes in a single week. With a total of 16 episodes released in the month of May, Ayu has finished subbing Jigoku Shoujo.
Like I stated in a previous post... it doesn't matter to me when a group releases the ep... you can take your time and do it at your own pace... I don't hold grudges against groups for dropping projects or releasing after long periods of time... since there's no point to it...

If a group hates a show and decides to drop it... then that's they’re decisions, they're opinion... and I respect that...

Quote:
Oh, and BTW, would you please stop abusing the forum formatting codes like that? Your posts are incredibly annoying to read. The fact that the features are there doesn't mean that it's a good idea to use them all at once. How about you put some more effort into actually writing and some less into making your posts look like christmas trees?
Spoiler for Answer:

*I tried not to use any formatting in this post... except the separating lines... hope I succeeded ^^*
Old 2006-05-22, 07:26   Link #116
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Sure you may not keep up with the episodes weekly... but from what I read in another thread you are super fast...
Well, even being from Ayu myself, I have to admit that Ayu frequently is one of the slowest groups out there... Look at our RMT or Black Cat, for example. One exception to this was REC, which was done fairly quick. Jigoku Shoujo was like 3-4 releases over the course of several months and then suddenly 15 eps in two and a half weeks. Ayu's weird like that.

About the formatting: I didn't mean "strip all formatting", just "use with moderation". You overdid it a bit, IMHO.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 15:27   Link #117
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
About the formatting: I didn't mean "strip all formatting", just "use with moderation". You overdid it a bit, IMHO.

*goes and edits the post*

Spoiler for Edited Post (No Colors):

You are right it is more eligible without the huge color contrast... I'll keep that in mind ... thanks...
*now I have to start experimenting with #*

Testing 1 2 3
*well what do you know it works and you have to really stick your eyes out to see it... so if you don't really care about colors it shouldn't be a problem... because of the very dark colors are almost unnoticeable ...*

Next Batch ...

The most stupid sig ever...

Old 2006-05-22, 15:39   Link #118
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

BlackCatXIII why didn't you just edit your original post? Whilst it's quite amusing, using this thread as testing ground for your formatting preferences will just incur the wrath of the mods. Tread carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan
I downloaded the Chinese subs and I have to say that episode 5 is really good. For some reason I liked the animation in this episode a lot and the part where Milie runs to Honoka was really touching to watch.

Spoiler:
The irony is that Honoka is infinately more intriguing than Ikus, who just comes across as a badly drawn convienient love interest/plot device. As for Honoka's powers...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-22, 17:11   Link #119
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
Quote:
Well, even being from Ayu myself, I have to admit that Ayu frequently is one of the slowest groups out there... Look at our RMT or Black Cat, for example. One exception to this was REC, which was done fairly quick. Jigoku Shoujo was like 3-4 releases over the course of several months and then suddenly 15 eps in two and a half weeks. Ayu's weird like that.

Yeah, Ayu is weird like that... You have to remember that each team has different people in it thus affecting the over all speed of the releases. Ayu has and NEVER will be a speed sub group nor will Ayu ever release series on a consistant baises. In fact if you look at our release history we have a real tendency to PISS OFF LEECHERS with our slowness only to come back 2 months later and release 20+ episodes in a month \shrug

You like my l33t formating Fluff?

Besides Static is also doing this... Kunio is a monster TL so it's just a pitty that the rest of his team is as slow/slower than Ayu I can guarentee that Kunio has like 6 TLs already done. So I would expect a mass release from Static and whoever at some point and time.
SCR512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 23:58   Link #120
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Sonhex
Next thing you know Ikus is a killing machine ... bent on world domination...
*serious*
You know somehow I get the feeling that Ikus is also connected with nature... maybe that's why Honoka feels a connection with him...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
BlackCatXIII why didn't you just edit your original post? Whilst it's quite amusing, using this thread as testing ground for your formatting preferences will just incur the wrath of the mods. Tread carefully.
Ups ... well the reason was because I don't like to edit my posts...

Q. What are 3rd eye girl and 3rd eye guys names...

Tags
action, comedy, sci fi, shounen