AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-05-14, 10:11   Link #201
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

This poll just shows people have voted based mostly on their favourite shows, not seiyuus. Just like the million and one favourite character polls getting dominated by the (not so great) characters from Gundam SEED. Suzaku's seiyuu being in fifth place is just hilarious.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 12:54   Link #202
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

General agreement with both Matrim and Kaioshin. I'm not giving the voters credit for good judgment, just commenting on Aaya's popularity. The poll's best anime winners over the past seven years have been: Saiyuki, Fruits Basket, Gundam Seed, FMA, GSD, GSD, and Code Geass. My agreement doesn't extend to ranking Code Geass anywhere near that high, I hasten to add.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 14:17   Link #203
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
General agreement with both Matrim and Kaioshin. I'm not giving the voters credit for good judgment, just commenting on Aaya's popularity. The poll's best anime winners over the past seven years have been: Saiyuki, Fruits Basket, Gundam Seed, FMA, GSD, GSD, and Code Geass. My agreement doesn't extend to ranking Code Geass anywhere near that high, I hasten to add.
Code Geass tied with Haruhi and some other series at some industry award ceremony. It actually has some great characters and puts them in a storyline that allows them all to be used very well. It's actually my favourite series of 2006, but I doubt that its ranked so high because of the excellent writing, more likely the fangirls went gaga over Suzaku and Lelouch. Plus Gundam Seed Destiny was trash compared to U.C Gundam, Turn A and Gundam X. GSD is where I start to wonder, but Code Geass earned my respect.

Throughout the years its almost always been that years Fantasy/Mecha/Sci-Fi action series or Ghibli though:
Spoiler:

The only ones I would dispute outright are Godmars and Prince of Darkness. I haven't seen Saiyuki or GPX, but I also don't think they look that great.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-14 at 14:39.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 17:40   Link #204
Honey_and_Cleaver

Do a seiyuu gain extra popularity for playing in a good anime or his/her voice acting skills are full proof and not mimicable. I can seriously accept the first two, Athrun, Akira Ishida and Kira, Souchirou Hoshi.

But Keiinichi Suzumura is a big joke, because lots of whining boy voices are really a lot in 80% of animes. Theres even one voice in Kannazuki no Miko that sounds like that,and thats Souma.

Tomokazu Sugita, that guy is just tailing Ayo Hirano's popularity. Or maybe his boring voice are a lot of people can relate to in harem voice acting. Seriously i think he is a voice fitting for pervert cocky bum who get followed by stupid girls.

Jun Fukuyama, ive already finished with his story.

Takehiro Sakurai, this guy plays crying scenes really 1st class "A++". I remember Susumu in Peace Maker. The best cry and sad voice. In Code Geass he did it again and it drove me to some extent where it made my eyes all wet.

Sigh.. well atleast the good ones are really at the top.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 05:24   Link #205
Siegel Clyne

Newtype, Animage, Animedia Popularity Polls Regarding Seiyuu and Whatnot

From what I have gathered from a number of Japanese fans (and some non-Japanese ones)...

Mainstream audiences do not watch anime for seiyuu.

(Well, they might if a famous celebrity like Kimura Takuya is voice acting in it.)

Seiyuu otaku watch anime for seiyuu.

In general, otaku-centric anime generate low television audience ratings in Japan no matter when they air. Negima!? and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann have aired in children's/family time slots, and have received low television audience ratings.

In Japan, Newtype has the largest circulation, followed by Animedia, with Animage bringing up the rear.

Newtype, and probably even more so its fellow Kadokawa Shoten publication Gundam Ace, has a largely male readership.

Animedia has large shares of both male and female readers, with perhaps the youngest overall readership.

Animage caters strongly to females, probably with the largest share of female readers.

These observations help explain many popularity poll results in these magazines.

Female fans love male seiyuu.

Because its readership is largely female, male seiyuu generally fare better than female seiyuu in Animage's seiyuu polls, as does a female seiyuu (Pak Romi) who portrays a male character (Edward Elric) popular with females who heralds from an anime (Fullmetal Alchemist) popular with females.

Male fans love female seiyuu.

On the other hand, because their readerships are largely male, female seiyuu generally fare better than male seiyuu in Newtype and Voice Newtype's seiyuu polls - that is, before they split seiyuu polls by sex/gender.

Pak Romi generally does not fare as well in Newtype seiyuu polls as she does in Animage seiyuu polls. Conversely, male fan favorites like Mizuki Nana and Tamura Yukari generally did better in Newtype pre-split seiyuu polls than they did and, apparently continue to do, in Animage seiyuu polls.

In general, popularity polls (except in the case of Lacus Clyne) often fluctuate from month to month and, certainly, from year to year.

Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, and Code Geass - mecha anime with many fujoshi (female otaku who are into BL {boy's love} and yaoi) and other female fans, but which also have many male fans - have performed well in male-oriented Newtype and female-oriented Animage popularity polls.

Over a year ago on another forum, I posted poll results of the 2006 Animedia Character Awards, published in the February 2006 issue of Animedia. These results have since been republished on other English websites and blogs.

While characters from Gundam Seed Destiny dominated the Animedia Character Awards, with Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne leading the way, who voted for which character may be illuminating.

Gundam Seed Destiny Character - % of Males Voting For : % of Females Voting For
Kira Yamato - 60 : 40
Athrun Zala - 50 : 50
Lacus Clyne - 50 : 50
Cagalli Yula Athha - 30 : 70

Furthermore, while Gundam Seed Destiny female characters who have a strong female fan base - Cagalli Yula Athha and apparently Stellar Louissier - have done well in popularity polls of Animage and Animedia which have many female readers, male fan favorite Lunamaria Hawke has not fared so well in popularity polls of Animage, and has performed poorly in popularity polls of Animedia.

On the other hand, Lunamaria Hawke has done much better in popularity polls of Newtype, and even more so in Gundam Ace, which have largely male readerships.

Lacus Clyne appeals to both male and female fans, and has dominated popularity polls in Newtype, Animage, and Animedia the past four or five years.

Male fans love female figures.

Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny heroine figures have reportedly sold extremely well, led by Lacus Clyne, Lunamaria Hawke, and Meer Campbell, another male fan favorite. (Female fan favorite Cagalli Yula Athha apparently did not sell well at all.)

There have been more Lacus Clyne figures than one can shake a stick at, including at least two different Voice I-dolls, each of which include voice recordings by Lacus Clyne's voice actress, Tanaka Rie.

Other Voice I-dolls include Lunamaria Hawke (CV {character voice}: Sakamoto Maaya) and Meer Campbell (CV: Tanaka Rie).

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-05-15 at 06:01.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 15:43   Link #206
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Great post from Siegel Clyne. Animage having many female readers explains a lot, especially why (a) Paku Romi ranked so high in this year's poll, (b) why Horie Yui, Tamura Yukari, and Mizuki Nana weren't higher, and (c) why Fruits Basket won best anime a few years ago.

It pleases me if it means that Hirano Aya has strong female fans. Today she posted a shot of herself with her "women's army corps" of manager, makeup artist, stylist, etc. Terrible pic of Aaya, good pic of the troops:

Or maybe it just means that she is overwhelmingly popular with male fans right now. Don't know. But I can't resist posting the two right-hand shots, which might help explain how that second thing could be true. They are from last Saturday's recording session for more character songs for Sumomo mo Momo mo. She said she was wearing something like an Uma Kamen outfit (one aspect of her character in that show). Some people on 2channel said she was dressing "like a whore." She said it was the first time she had played guitar on a recording.

I am shocked to realize that I am a seiyuu otaku. I do watch at least one episode of shows just for the seiyuus, although I drop shows despite good seiyuus if I don't like them in other ways. I would actually be proud to be a sei-ota (as well as embarrassed) but I do think that general ani-ota include seiyuu as one of their criteria for watching a show. I'm probably in good company in this thread, anyway.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-08-17 at 22:02.
Old 2007-05-16, 09:28   Link #207
Honey_and_Cleaver

Me too, i watch animes for seiyuus. Mainly because i watch a lot of animes,like when i quickly able to identify the voice of Jun Fukuyama when he came in To Heart, Inukami, Princess Princess, xxxholic and Code Geass. This is simply because i slowly develope sensitivity and ability to recognize the voice which made me annoyed, soon i tried to find about the anime VAs and then i was able to know a lot about Seiyuus and finally, i went and find those seiyuus which i liked that made me feel good in my own skin.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 04:47   Link #208
Siegel Clyne

29th Animage Grand Prix, 27th Animage Grand Prix & Voice Newtype No. 008 Seiyuu Poll

29th Animage Anime Grand Prix
June 2007 Issue of Animage
Period Covers from April 2006 to March 2007

Best Seiyuu [Favorite Voice Actor]

01. Hoshi Souichirou
02. Ishida Akira
03. Fukuyama Jun
04. Hirano Aya
05. Sakurai Takahiro
06. Pak Romi
07. Suzumura Ken'ichi
08. Sugita Tomokazu
09. Horie Yui
10. Hayashibara Megumi
11. Kugimiya Rie
12. Tanaka Rie
13. Kawasumi Ayako
13. Miyano Mamoru
15. Noto Mamiko
16. Koyasu Takehito
17. Kuwashima Houko
18. Mizuki Nana
19. Yukana
20. Tamura Yukari
21. Konishi Katsuyuki
22. Yamaguchi Kappei
23. Saiga Mitsuki
24. Morikawa Toshiyuki
24. Gotou Yuuko
26. Ogata Megumi
27. Seki Tomokazu
28. Morita Masakazu
30. Minagawa Junko
31. Nakai Kazuya
31. Oohara Sayaka
34. Kaida Yuki
34. Okiayu Ryoutarou
37. Inoue Kikuko
38. Orikasa Fumiko
38. Seki Toshihiko
38. Fujiwara Keiji
41. Suzuoki Hirotaka (tied with someone)
44. Toyoguchi Megumi
45. Takayama Minami
45. Wakamoto Norio
47. Nakata Jouji
47. Hidaka Noriko
47. Emori Hiroko
50. Yoshino Hiroyuki
50. Sakamoto Maaya
52. Takahashi Naozumi
53. Kumai Motoko
53. Morikubo Showtaro
57. Ootsuka Akio
57. Ookawa Tooru
57. Namikawa Daisuke
57. Itou Shizuka
57. Inoue Kazuhiko
62. Sawashiro Miyuki
62. Suwabe Jun'ichi)
65. Yamadera Kouichi
66. Matsu Takako
66. Miyata Kouki
66. Nakahara Mai
66. Koyama Rikuya
66. ??
66. ??
72. Nonaka Ai
72. Taniyama Kishou
75. Ootani Ikue
75. Iwata Mitsuo
75. Tsujitani Kouji
78. ??
78. Ikeda Shuuichi
80. Midorikawa Hikaru
80. Miki Shin'ichirou
80. Matsukaze Masaya

----------

27th Animage Anime Grand Prix
June 2005 Issue of Animage
Period Covers from April 2004 to March 2005

01. Ishida Akira
02. Hoshi Souichirou
03. Pak Romi
04. Noto Mamiko
05. Hayashibara Megumi
06. Tanaka Rie
07. Sakurai Takahiro
08. Horie Yui
09. Seki Tomokazu
10. Kuwashima Houko
11. Seki Toshihiko
12. Yamaguchi Kappei
13. Ookawa Tooru
14. Suzumura Ken'ichi
15. Koyasu Takehito
16. Nakata Jouji
17. Shindou Naomi
18. Inoue Kazuhiko
18. Nakahara Mai
20. Tamura Yukari
21. Morita Masakazu
22. Kawasumi Ayako
23. Mizuki Nana
24. Saiga Mitsuki
25. Takayama Minami
26. Okiayu Ryuutarou
27. Suwabe Jun'ichi
28. Midorikawa Hikaru
29. Sakamoto Maaya
30. Ogata Megumi
31. Minagawa Junko
31. Inoue Kikuko
33. Morikubo Shoutarou
34. Ootsuka Akio
35. Kaida Yuki
35. Ikeda Shuuichi
37. Toyoguchi Megumi
38. Morikawa Toshiyuki
39. Wakamoto Norio
39. Miki Shin'ichirou
41. Kobayashi Sanae
41. Orikasa Fumiko
43. Ishii Makoto
44. Nogawa Sakura
45. Kuribayashi Minami
46. Hirata Hiroaki
46. Kugimiya Rie
48. Mitsuishi Kotono
49. Shimizu Ai
50. Takahashi Naozumi
50. Hirohashi Ryou
52. Kimura Takuya
53. Ootani Ikue
53. Nakai Kazuya
53. Kumai Motoko
56. Asano Masumi
57. Ueda Yuuji
57. Satsuki Yukino
57. Kawakami Tomoko
57. Kaneda Tomoko
61. Chiba Saeko
62. Iizuka Mayumi
62. Sugiyama Noriaki
62. Hisakawa Aya
65. Minaguchi Yuko
65. Tanaka Atsuko
65. Miyata Kouki
65. Kakazu Yumi
69. Sasanuma Akira
69. Saitou Chiwa
71. Yamadera Kouichi
71. Neya Michiko
71. Tanaka Mayumi
71. Suzuki Chihiro
71. Sawashiro Miyuki
71. Kanna Nobutoshi
77. Takahashi Hiroki
77. Fujiwara Keiji
77. Fukuyama Jun
80. Honna Youko
80. Onosaka Masaya
80. Chiba Isshin
80. Ooyama Nobuyo
80. Taniyama Kishou
80. Yamaguchi Mayumi
80. Toriumi Kousuke
80. Nanri Yuuka
80. Satou Yuuko
89. Nabatame Hitomi
89. Kuwatani Natsuko
89. Matsumoto Rika
89. Shintani Ryouko
89. Kiyasu Kouhei
89. Takahashi Mikako
89. Kamiya Akira
96. Tobita Nobuo
96. Lasalle Ishii
96. Matsuoka Yuki
96. Orikasa Ai
96. Watanabe Kumiko
96. Hidaka Noriko

----------

Best Seiyuu [Favorite Voice Actor] Poll Results Side by Side Comparision Between Animage and Voice Newtype

27th Animage Grand Prix
On Sale May 2005
Voice Newtype No.008
On Sale January 2005
01. Ishida Akira
02. Hoshi Souichirou
03. Pak Romi
04. Noto Mamiko
05. Hayashibara Megumi
06. Tanaka Rie
07. Sakurai Takahiro
08. Horie Yui
09. Seki Tomokazu
10. Kuwashima Houko
11. Seki Toshihiko
12. Yamaguchi Kappei
13. Ookawa Tooru
14. Suzumura Ken'ichi
15. Koyasu Takehito
16. Nakata Jouji
17. Shindou Naomi
18. Inoue Kazuhiko
18. Nakahara Mai
20. Tamura Yukari
01. Horie Yui
02. Ishida Akira
03. Tanaka Rie
04. Takahashi Naozumi
05. Noto Mamiko
06. Shintani Ryouko
07. Sakamoto Maaya
08. Mizuki Nana
09. Tamura Yukari
10. Nonaka Ai
11. Gotou Saori
12. Minagawa Junko
13. Hoshi Souichirou
14. Nogawa Sakura
15. Suzumura Ken'ichi
16. Okiayu Ryoutarou
17. Koshimizu Ami
18. Kuwatani Natsuko
19. Miyata Kouki
20. Shimizu Ai
Old 2007-05-19, 04:53   Link #209
Siegel Clyne

Animage & Newtype's #1 Favorite Female Character of the Year Down Through the Years

Newtype, Animage, Animedia Popularity Polls Regarding Seiyuu and Whatnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Lacus Clyne appeals to both male and female fans, and has dominated popularity polls in Newtype, Animage, and Animedia the past four or five years.

Animage Anime Grand Prix's No. 1 Favorite Female Character of the Year

Year - Female Character <Animation> : Seiyuu (Voice Actress)
1983 - Hayase Misa <Macross> : Doi Mika
1984 - Nausicaa <Nausicaa> : Shimamoto Sumi
1985 - Four Murasame <Zeta Gundam> : Shimazu Saeko
1986 - Elpeo Ple <Gundam ZZ> : Honda Chieko
1987 - Ayukawa Madoka <Kimagure Orange Road> : Tsuru Hiromi
1988 - Anice Farm <Borgman> : Takamori Yoshino
1989 - Kiki <Kiki's Delivery Service> : Takayama Minami
1990 - Nadia <Nadia> : Takamori Yoshino
1991 - Nadia <Nadia> : Takamori Yoshino
1992 - Mizuno Ami / Sailor Mercury <Sailor Moon> : Hisakawa Aya
1993 - Belldandy <Oh My Goddess!> : Inoue Kikuko
1994 - Ten'ou Haruka / Sailor Uranus <Sailor Moon S> : Ogata Megumi
1995 - Ayanami Rei <Evangelion> : Hayashibara Megumi
1996 - Ayanami Rei <Evangelion> : Hayashibara Megumi
1997 - Lina Inverse <Slayers Try> : Hayashibara Megumi
1998 - Hoshino Ruri <Nadesico> : Minami Omi
1999 - Kinomoto Sakura <Cardcaptor Sakura> : Tange Sakura
2000 - Kinomoto Sakura <Cardcaptor Sakura> : Tange Sakura
2001 - Honda Tooru <Fruits Basket> : Horie Yui
2002 - Lacus Clyne <Gundam Seed> : Tanaka Rie
2003 - Riza Hawkeye <Fullmetal Alchemist> : Neya Michiko
2004 - Lacus Clyne <Gundam Seed Destiny> : Tanaka Rie
2005 - Lacus Clyne <Gundam Seed Destiny> : Tanaka Rie
2006 - Lacus Clyne <Gundam Seed Destiny> : Tanaka Rie

Newtype Japan's No. 1 Favorite Female Character of the Year

Year - Female Character (Series) : Seiyuu (Voice Actress)
1985 - Four Murasame <Zeta Gundam> : Shimazu Saeko
1986 - Elpeo Ple <Gundam ZZ> : Honda Chieko
1987 - Linda Pratt <Dragonar> : Fujii Kayoko
1988 - Anice Farm <Borgman> : Takamori Yoshino
1989 - Izumi Noa <Patlabor> : Tominaga Miina
1990 - Deedlit <Record of Lodoss War> : Touma Yumi
1991 - Nadia <Nadia> : Takamori Yoshino
1992 - Tsukino Usagi / Sailor Moon <Sailor Moon> : Mitsuishi Kotono
1993 - Belldandy <Oh My Goddess!> : Inoue Kikuko
1994 - Mylene Flare Jenius <Macross 7> : Sakurai Tomo
1995 - Ayanami Rei <Evangelion> : Hayashibara Megumi
1996 - Ayanami Rei <Evangelion> : Hayashibara Megumi
1997 - Ayanami Rei <Evangelion> : Hayashibara Megumi
1998 - Hoshino Ruri <Nadesico> : Minami Omi
1999 - Kinomoto Sakura <Cardcaptor Sakura> : Tange Sakura
2000 - Kinomoto Sakura <Cardcaptor Sakura> : Tange Sakura
2001 - Kinomoto Sakura <Cardcaptor Sakura> : Tange Sakura
2002 - Chii <Chobits> : Tanaka Rie
2003 - Lacus Clyne <Gundam Seed> : Tanaka Rie
2004 - Lacus Clyne <Gundam Seed Destiny> : Tanaka Rie
2005 - Lacus Clyne <Gundam Seed Destiny> : Tanaka Rie
2006 - Lacus Clyne <Gundam Seed Destiny> : Tanaka Rie

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-05-19 at 14:36.
Old 2007-05-23, 01:30   Link #210
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
29th Animage Anime Grand Prix
June 2007 Issue of Animage
Period Covers from April 2006 to March 2007

01. Hoshi Souichirou
02. Ishida Akira
03. Fukuyama Jun
04. Hirano Aya
05. Sakurai Takahiro
06. Pak Romi
07. Suzumura Ken'ichi
08. Sugita Tomokazu
09. Horie Yui
10. Hayashibara Megumi
11. Kugimiya Rie
12. Tanaka Rie
13. Kawasumi Ayako
13. Miyano Mamoru
15. Noto Mamiko
16. Koyasu Takehito
17. Kuwashima Houko
18. Mizuki Nana
19. Yukana
20. Tamura Yukari
21. Konishi Katsuyuki
22. Yamaguchi Kappei
23. Saiga Mitsuki
24. Morikawa Toshiyuki
24. Gotou Yuuko
26. Ogata Megumi
27. Seki Tomokazu
28. Morita Masakazu
30. Minagawa Junko
31. Nakai Kazuya
31. Oohara Sayaka
34. Kaida Yuki
34. Okiayu Ryoutarou
37. Inoue Kikuko
38. Orikasa Fumiko
38. Seki Toshihiko
38. Fujiwara Keiji
41. Suzuoki Hirotaka (tied with someone)
44. Toyoguchi Megumi
45. Takayama Minami
45. Wakamoto Norio
47. Nakata Jouji
47. Hidaka Noriko
47. Emori Hiroko
50. Yoshino Hiroyuki
50. Sakamoto Maaya
52. Takahashi Naozumi
53. Kumai Motoko
53. Morikubo Showtaro
57. Ootsuka Akio
57. Ookawa Tooru
57. Namikawa Daisuke
57. Itou Shizuka
57. Inoue Kazuhiko
62. Sawashiro Miyuki
62. Suwabe Jun'ichi
65. Yamadera Kouichi
66. Matsu Takako
66. Miyata Kouki
66. Nakahara Mai
66. Koyama Rikuya
66. ??
66. ??
72. Nonaka Ai
72. Taniyama Kishou
75. Ootani Ikue
75. Iwata Mitsuo
75. Tsujitani Kouji
78. ??
78. Ikeda Shuuichi
80. Midorikawa Hikaru
80. Miki Shin'ichirou
80. Matsukaze Masaya

----------

27th Animage Anime Grand Prix
June 2005 Issue of Animage
Period Covers from April 2004 to March 2005

01. Ishida Akira
02. Hoshi Souichirou
03. Pak Romi
04. Noto Mamiko
05. Hayashibara Megumi
06. Tanaka Rie
07. Sakurai Takahiro
08. Horie Yui
09. Seki Tomokazu
10. Kuwashima Houko
11. Seki Toshihiko
12. Yamaguchi Kappei
13. Ookawa Tooru
14. Suzumura Ken'ichi
15. Koyasu Takehito
16. Nakata Jouji
17. Shindou Naomi
18. Inoue Kazuhiko
18. Nakahara Mai
20. Tamura Yukari
21. Morita Masakazu
22. Kawasumi Ayako
23. Mizuki Nana
24. Saiga Mitsuki
25. Takayama Minami
26. Okiayu Ryuutarou
27. Suwabe Jun'ichi
28. Midorikawa Hikaru
29. Sakamoto Maaya
30. Ogata Megumi
31. Minagawa Junko
31. Inoue Kikuko
33. Morikubo Shoutarou
34. Ootsuka Akio
35. Kaida Yuki
35. Ikeda Shuuichi
37. Toyoguchi Megumi
38. Morikawa Toshiyuki
39. Wakamoto Norio
39. Miki Shin'ichirou
41. Kobayashi Sanae
41. Orikasa Fumiko
43. Ishii Makoto
44. Nogawa Sakura
45. Kuribayashi Minami
46. Hirata Hiroaki
46. Kugimiya Rie
48. Mitsuishi Kotono
49. Shimizu Ai
50. Takahashi Naozumi
50. Hirohashi Ryou
52. Kimura Takuya
53. Ootani Ikue
53. Nakai Kazuya
53. Kumai Motoko
56. Asano Masumi
57. Ueda Yuuji
57. Satsuki Yukino
57. Kawakami Tomoko
57. Kaneda Tomoko
61. Chiba Saeko
62. Iizuka Mayumi
62. Sugiyama Noriaki
62. Hisakawa Aya
65. Minaguchi Yuko
65. Tanaka Atsuko
65. Miyata Kouki
65. Kakazu Yumi
69. Sasanuma Akira
69. Saitou Chiwa
71. Yamadera Kouichi
71. Neya Michiko
71. Tanaka Mayumi
71. Suzuki Chihiro
71. Sawashiro Miyuki
71. Kanna Nobutoshi
77. Takahashi Hiroki
77. Fujiwara Keiji
77. Fukuyama Jun
80. Honna Youko
80. Onosaka Masaya
80. Chiba Isshin
80. Ooyama Nobuyo
80. Taniyama Kishou
80. Yamaguchi Mayumi
80. Toriumi Kousuke
80. Nanri Yuuka
80. Satou Yuuko
89. Nabatame Hitomi
89. Kuwatani Natsuko
89. Matsumoto Rika
89. Shintani Ryouko
89. Kiyasu Kouhei
89. Takahashi Mikako
89. Kamiya Akira
96. Tobita Nobuo
96. Lasalle Ishii
96. Matsuoka Yuki
96. Orikasa Ai
96. Watanabe Kumiko
96. Hidaka Noriko

----------

Best Seiyuu [Favorite Voice Actor] Poll Results Side by Side Comparision Between Animage and Voice Newtype

27th Animage Grand Prix
On Sale May 2005
Voice Newtype No.008
On Sale January 2005
01. Ishida Akira
02. Hoshi Souichirou
03. Pak Romi
04. Noto Mamiko
05. Hayashibara Megumi
06. Tanaka Rie
07. Sakurai Takahiro
08. Horie Yui
09. Seki Tomokazu
10. Kuwashima Houko
11. Seki Toshihiko
12. Yamaguchi Kappei
13. Ookawa Tooru
14. Suzumura Ken'ichi
15. Koyasu Takehito
16. Nakata Jouji
17. Shindou Naomi
18. Inoue Kazuhiko
18. Nakahara Mai
20. Tamura Yukari
01. Horie Yui
02. Ishida Akira
03. Tanaka Rie
04. Takahashi Naozumi
05. Noto Mamiko
06. Shintani Ryouko
07. Sakamoto Maaya
08. Mizuki Nana
09. Tamura Yukari
10. Nonaka Ai
11. Gotou Saori
12. Minagawa Junko
13. Hoshi Souichirou
14. Nogawa Sakura
15. Suzumura Ken'ichi
16. Okiayu Ryoutarou
17. Koshimizu Ami
18. Kuwatani Natsuko
19. Miyata Kouki
20. Shimizu Ai
Yeah look at the people who aren't even on there or are ranked really low and who's popularity skyrocketed as a result of being in the right series at the right time. Sugita Tomakazu and Aya Hirano for Haruhi and Jun Fukuyama and Yukana for Code Geass.

There's one person I think who did earn her new standing not as a result of being in the right show, but as a result of sheer talent and that's Rie Kugimiya.

Anyway I've bolded my favourites out of this years and last years lists. As people can see I'm vastly more accomodated with the people in 2005. What happened to some of them? I hope people didn't suddenly forgot about them but for a few breakthrough series like Haruhi and Code Geass. Some of them are finding work again, but some seem to have vanished of the face of the earth as well in 2007. The year's not over yet, but damn if I do miss Yuko Minaguchi's indignant girl voice or Kotono Mitsuishi's hyperactive wailing. I'm also starting to worry Ai Orikasa may have retired or something.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-23 at 01:48.
Old 2007-05-23, 08:06   Link #211
Kouvley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
There's one person I think who did earn her new standing not as a result of being in the right show, but as a result of sheer talent and that's Rie Kugimiya.
I disagree. Not about her talent but about her being in the right shows.

She has recently had lead roles in:

Shakugan no Shana - with a movie just aired and season 2 coming soon

Zero no Tsukaima - with season 2 coming soon

Hayate no Gotoku - currently airing

All popular shows so it's not suprising to me that her rank has soared, it's just the way these polls work.

As for my favourite seiyuus, my list would probably be as long as those animage and newtype ones since I've enjoyed at least one performance from just about everyone on those lists.
I tend to favour more versatile seiyuus though so someone like Kuwashima Houko would rank highly for me.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 23:22   Link #212
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I agree with Kouvley on this. Seiyuus become popular after they do good roles in anime people like. Very few people can love a seiyuu for a role in an anime they don't like or don't watch. Kugimiya Rie got a big push from Shana. Until Haruhi, Hirano Aya hadn't done a starring role in a good show since she was 14.
Old 2007-05-28, 03:30   Link #213
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Just in.
President of Arts Vision, Sakumi Matsuda is under investigation for having sex with a 16 year old girl who applied to become a voice actress at the major voice acting agency last year. He confessed to pulling her into his office, and offering her voice acting job in exchange for sexual service.

The authorities suspect this is not a single case, and investigating to see how many more of these cases have been commited by Matsuda.

ANN News

Well, naturally, this news is hitting the seiyuu fans hard, as Arts Vision is one of the biggest voice acting agency in Japan, and many popular voice actress have come out of there.
Old 2007-05-28, 04:53   Link #214
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

O_O!!

ARTS VISION?!

*is now too shocked to speak more*
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 07:35   Link #215
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
For those who need a little list of the seiyu employed by Art Visions
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 08:20   Link #216
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The issue and question now is how will the assets of the company, namely the seiyuus under the Art Visions management be affected by this turn of events.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 08:51   Link #217
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://blog.livedoor.jp/dqnplus/archives/980560.html

The Japanese seems to make a joke out of the entire event here.

http://web.archive.org/web/200602051...entry-127.html

Asakawa Yuu already hinted about something happening in the dark over a year back at her blog.....
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 11:43   Link #218
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Just in.
President of Arts Vision, Sakumi Matsuda is under investigation for having sex with a 16 year old girl who applied to become a voice actress at the major voice acting agency last year. He confessed to pulling her into his office, and offering her voice acting job in exchange for sexual service.

The authorities suspect this is not a single case, and investigating to see how many more of these cases have been commited by Matsuda.

ANN News

Well, naturally, this news is hitting the seiyuu fans hard, as Arts Vision is one of the biggest voice acting agency in Japan, and many popular voice actress have come out of there.
Pffft HAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem, good lord, just what we need another corruption scandal like the Yukana one, only potentially far far worse in nature and scope.

I'm going to forgo the lolicon joke. Keep in mind also that 16 is well beyond the legal age of consent in Japan, so this reeks more of corruption and favouritism than of statutory crime.

I really hope this doesn't hurt the Seiyuu affiliated with the company too much. I can't see how Nobuyuki Hiyama would have gotten the job this way for example.
Old 2007-05-28, 17:14   Link #219
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its like a bad movie version of the "casting couch" syndrome that infests Hollywood.... power over actresses who want roles badly would tend to corrupt.

@MakubeX2: thanks for the blog lead on Asakawa .. .I'd kind of lost track of her over the last year or so.
Old 2007-05-28, 19:34   Link #220
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'm going to forgo the lolicon joke. Keep in mind also that 16 is well beyond the legal age of consent in Japan, so this reeks more of corruption and favouritism than of statutory crime.
Uh, you must be getting Japan and some other country mixed up, because under 18 is considered a minor, and any adult having sexual activity involving him/her is held accountable for statutory crime. Not only that, but Arts Vision is in Tokyo, and they have a prefecture law specificly for that.

You might wanna go look up 青少年保護育成条例 (Minor protection and education act... no idea what the official english term for it is, but that's the direct translation of the prefectual act in which 46 prefectures are active) before you get some people strange ideas.

Just like most laws (including age of consent) are governed by STATE laws in U.S., they are governed by Prefecture laws in Japan.
Don't just think federal laws are everything.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-05-28 at 19:53.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seiyu