AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-16, 20:47   Link #2501
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I could see Mr. Fabulous being into archery. Plus it having high defense and long range capabilities would work with his personality. Of course, something big would have to happen for him to willingly place himself in that position. Not sure if immortality would be enough.
He is pretty mature and level-headed for his age, for the most part. His major flaw would be his assertiveness. Maybe by putting his foot down as student council president and fighting for his student body? Or the other option would be that something happens to Akira and he snaps.
Old 2013-05-16, 20:48   Link #2502
shadow1296

i'm starting to think cain is the pilot of the missing VVV2, i mean why else would be intimate enough to call the entities and not units
Old 2013-05-16, 20:52   Link #2503
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
On other hand, L-11 strikes me as "End justified the Means" type of guy. Even if he likes him as a brother, there is a chance he disposes him in case he threatens his goals.
Actually he seems to me to be one of those cold anti-hero characters who IS one of those "ends justify the means" kind of guys, just as Lelouch was. But also like Lelouch, he's doing this for somebody. He can't be doing this just for himself. He seems to realize that this revolution of his might mean his death. I think that L-11 cares for very few people but I think A-drei is one.

A-drei has been constantly reminding me more of "Athrun" than "Yzak" as he is the one with his friend now on the other side of the fence, and he want's his friend to come back but tries to come to terms that he will have to kill him if absolutely necessary. However, with that said, it's very possible that A-drei will join L-elf on his revolution by the end.
Never challenge the bonds of friendship in an anime...

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 20:58   Link #2504
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm going to be very surprised if Saki makes it out of this series in one piece... Death flags written all over her now.
Old 2013-05-16, 21:00   Link #2505
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post

This episode had a lot of Saki, but I have mixed feelings about her character now. I think her going "I want to be famous!" all the way cheapened her a lot. Even if she ends up gaining more fame, I have a feeling that sooner or later she'll have to pay a hefty price for that.
I have a feeling that her continuously thinking that she's "invincible" and can't be hurt or die, will come back to bite her. Especially since we know that the Facility has the power to kill the Registrant/pilot if they so choose.

So they are not as immortal as they and especially Saki, seems to think. I doubt she or Haruto even looked at the EULA, much less read it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-16, 21:03   Link #2506
~BC~

Quote:
i'm starting to think cain is the pilot of the missing VVV2, i mean why else would be intimate enough to call the entities and not units
Could be. I'm guessing it's the appearance of this Valvrave that will give away a certain plot point and thus that's why they're keeping it off the website. If Dorssia put a banner on it or something, it'd spoil the surprise.

Quote:
He is pretty mature and level-headed for his age, for the most part. His major flaw would be his assertiveness. Maybe by putting his foot down as student council president and fighting for his student body? Or the other option would be that something happens to Akira and he snaps.
I know some theorized that maybe something would happen to him and that would prompt Akira to pilot that purple one. But I don't know, hacking is her thing and she seems pretty focused when she's doing that. I don't think she'd be very useful being worried about getting jostled in a machine, or worse, captured. I could see Satomi stepping up in an attempt to be the kind of brother his sister can rely on.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 21:05   Link #2507
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I have a feeling that her continuously thinking that she's "invincible" and can't be hurt or die, will come back to bite her. Especially since we know that the Facility has the power to kill the Registrant/pilot if they so choose.

So they are not as immortal as they and especially Saki, seems to think. I doubt she or Haruto even looked at the EULA, much less read it.
this facility probably no longer exists, else has there been know contact from them what so ever, its obvious the valvraves were at the school for study so i doubt the school was the facility or it used to be
Old 2013-05-16, 21:12   Link #2508
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
this facility probably no longer exists, else has there been know contact from them what so ever, its obvious the valvraves were at the school for study so i doubt the school was the facility or it used to be
I don't get why the Dorssian hit squad didn't think to steal the development data from the computers that were in the underground lab VVVI was hidden in.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 21:13   Link #2509
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I know some theorized that maybe something would happen to him and that would prompt Akira to pilot that purple one. But I don't know, hacking is her thing and she seems pretty focused when she's doing that. I don't think she'd be very useful being worried about getting jostled in a machine, or worse, captured. I could see Satomi stepping up in an attempt to be the kind of brother his sister can rely on.
Exactly. It seems like nobody else is aware that they're brother and sister. An event in which her life is danger would mean he would have to step up and fight would bring their relationship to light. Maybe he would even become a over-protective big brother in a sense.

He could become a pilot, work on his relationship with Akira, and become the type of leader that the rest of the students need. Satomi has the mind and experience, but he needs some assertiveness. The women in the show constantly punk him lol
Old 2013-05-16, 21:13   Link #2510
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
I don't think they would bring them up and specifically translate the EULA in both Japanese and English, just to do nothing with it. Why even have the EULA then? They are also the only ones who can tell us for sure about the Valvraves and their creation. We also need to know about the mysterious Dr. Tokishima who was probably part of the Facility. We are only halfway through the first cour of a split cour series.

I don't think the Facility will show up until the show goes a bit darker and the pilots will have to understand their powers and try to conquer and understand their bestial instincts.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-16, 21:21   Link #2511
blackwhite67
Banned

That ARUS pilot who died when he tried to pilot VVVI...maybe it wasn't just because Haruto already had dibs on it. Judging from L-Elf's deductions, maybe only students of the school can pilot VVV to begin with.
Old 2013-05-16, 21:22   Link #2512
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I don't get why the Dorssian hit squad didn't think to steal the development data from the computers that were in the underground lab VVVI was hidden in.
because they weren't developed their but brought there for study and to find pilots, this facility is probably long gone and jior found in one of the old bases which was abandon, the development data was damaged that it wasn't salvageable but the recovered the pilot compatibility data and built the school around finding those pilots, also the parent of haruto's that we haven't seen was either a member of the facility and head developer of the valvraves or the head researcher of them

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-05-16 at 21:35. Reason: typo
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 21:27   Link #2513
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

For once we got someone that didn't just go piloting and killing stuff because of duty or protecting anything. Didn't like her at first, but I think she did spark my interest a little. I'd love to see someone works hard for their personal goal for once, as shallow as it is.

And crazy girl is one of my things.
Old 2013-05-16, 21:29   Link #2514
blackwhite67
Banned

I wonder if this blogging during battles is gonna become a thing for this show. IT kinda reminds me of that Digimon movie where people watching the battle sends messages to the protagonists giving them hope. Not that I mind. I kinda like this.
Old 2013-05-16, 21:32   Link #2515
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
That ARUS pilot who died when he tried to pilot VVVI...maybe it wasn't just because Haruto already had dibs on it. Judging from L-Elf's deductions, maybe only students of the school can pilot VVV to begin with.
There's probably some significance to the color shift (white parts to black) when it's first activated. It never goes back to being white even when turned off. That's what makes me think it's a first come compatibility issue, at least until the powers that be decide to terminate the pilot as per the EULA. So basically others can pilot it but probably only at the discretion of this mysterious organization, I guess.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 22:05   Link #2516
shadow1296

thought i share this
somebody doing a very good piano cover of the openning
Old 2013-05-16, 22:26   Link #2517
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Actually he seems to me to be one of those cold anti-hero characters who IS one of those "ends justify the means" kind of guys, just as Lelouch was. But also like Lelouch, he's doing this for somebody. He can't be doing this just for himself. He seems to realize that this revolution of his might mean his death. I think that L-11 cares for very few people but I think A-drei is one.

A-drei has been constantly reminding me more of "Athrun" than "Yzak" as he is the one with his friend now on the other side of the fence, and he want's his friend to come back but tries to come to terms that he will have to kill him if absolutely necessary. However, with that said, it's very possible that A-drei will join L-elf on his revolution by the end.
Never challenge the bonds of friendship in an anime...
He seems to be doing this for someone named Liselotte

and as said, my point is I don't see this supposed deep friendship of him and A-Drei. I can see how A-Drei values L-Elf, but I can't see the same from L-Elf to A-Drei. So far it seems one sided to me.

It's not like in Code Geass where you can tell that Lelouch and Suzaku were friends and were on each other's respective minds.

his reaction towards shooting A-Drei seems more in line towards doing something irrational that he does not remember
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 22:40   Link #2518
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
He seems to be doing this for someone named Liselotte

and as said, my point is I don't see this supposed deep friendship of him and A-Drei. I can see how A-Drei values L-Elf, but I can't see the same from L-Elf to A-Drei. So far it seems one sided to me.

It's not like in Code Geass where you can tell that Lelouch and Suzaku were friends and were on each other's respective minds.

his reaction towards shooting A-Drei seems more in line towards doing something irrational that he does not remember
Well technically we don't know anything about Liselotte. He's only mentioned her once and he spoke of her as if in challenge, so I'm not going to jump the gun on what their relationship is until they mention her some more.

I think L-11 and A-3's relationship is reciprocal, but we will have to see more of their backstory and them together in order to tell.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-16, 22:48   Link #2519
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Where are ppl getting the Orange unit from?

If it's from the OP, isn't it just Unit I + Harakiri?

Still hoping for Haruto + harem of vampire mistresses!(ignoring L-Elf)

Yellow - Vice Pres (Takihi?)
Blue - Shoko or Akira
Purple - Akira or Shoko....................Wait.....is Akira a girl?

Unit II - L-Elf
The way things our going, I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to grow the harem polygon...the more the better! There are so many different possible triangles depending on how they continue to develop other characters further, especially those with little screen time so far (president, Akira, etc)
exs120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 22:51   Link #2520
bigdeath

Wow, I didn't expect this but Saki really does become a Flay. What a manipulative little bleep. I understand shes damaged goods because her idol contract was canceled and she comes from an abusive family but still. Damn. The green valvraves weapon is awesome. Its maneuverability legs are a very cool concept. Using forfields to instantly change your direction in the void of space. REALLY COOL.

Unlike Flay, however, I feel like Saki will become friends with Shoko (thanks to her noticing Shoko cheer leadering).
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire