Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-10-16, 01:49   Link #1
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

UK/US Dramas!!

Okay so who besides me LOVEESS British and US dramas at the moment.

My favourites are:
House M.D
Casualty
Waterloo Road
Bones
Grey's Anatomy
Holby City
Sugar Rush
Bones
Hope Springs

anyone else watch these or any US/UK dramas.

Last edited by Miko Miko; 2010-01-24 at 10:15.
Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 02:32   Link #2
james0246

Sorry, the only show I really like on your list is Waterloo Road (which was a big surprise to me, since I generally disliked Shed Productions other shows (Footballers' Wives and Bad Girls (though Bad Girls had its moments)). House is also good in small doses, but I spent so many years watching Hugh Laurie in purely comedic roles, that I still find it hard to fully appreciate his dramatic acting abilities (I often find myself laughing during scenes I probably shouldn't be laughing at ).

That being said, you have an obvious Medical bent that I clearly do not posses . (Did you see Bodies from a few years back, now that one I liked.)

Recent British Dramas that I do like:

The Street (though it just ended); Skins; Spooks is always fun (then again, I am a sucker for a spy show ); Moving On is fairly well done;...I am sure there are others, but I can't seem to recall them right now.... edit: I just realized, everything I picked was a BBC1 program .

Recent American Dramas that I like:

The Good Wife (probably my favourite new show), Monk (final season, can't help but watch it, even if the previous season was a little bad...), Medium (hate her hair, but damn the kids have learned how to act)...Fringe...damn, I'm drawing a blank...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 02:59   Link #3
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I watch most of the USA Network comedy-dramas(Psych, Burn Notice, Royal Pains), probably because they have the feel of the same show. I'm a general fan of all the Law & Orders, though as stated in a previous thread, with D'Onofrio(Detective Goren) gone after next season's premiere, I might skip out on the new CI and stick with syndication. Jeff Goldblum is decent, but it wouldn't be the same.

I find Rescue Me entertaining, if not taken seriously.

Just starting watching Cold Case, enjoying it.

Been skipping out on House recently.

I watch NCIS & Without a Trace when I'm bored.

That's basically it.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 03:31   Link #4
LusterFlare
Lost.

At the moment, I follow House, Glee, and Fringe.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 03:35   Link #5
JRendell
Manga Addict

Fringe
Rude Tube
True Blood

Thats all I watch, although sometimes I find myself watching some of the ones you mentioned Miko
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 11:16   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I watch a lot of different shows but I just never watch them when they air...I’ll DVR them or DL them to my CPU and just watch @ my leisure, but one show I’ll show I’ll just never understand it’s popularity is NCIS…I’ve tried and tried to understand how this can be the #1 highest rated show in America and I just leave with a bizarre//puzzeled look on my face...I’ve watched a few episodes…It doesn’t suck, but it has to be the most middle-America whitebread cop-type show I’ve ever seen…It kills everything in it’s timeslot and is the most watched show in all of America even beating jump-the-shark American Idol from time to time…I just don’t get it and I never will…And for good measure all the CSI shows suck black-light stains…

With that said my favorite American dramas in no particular order goes as follows:

Rescue Me on FX (Great Dark comedy drama starring Dennis Leary, The recent season 5 was great)

LOST (Even though the season 5 finale failed me, I’m too neck deep to give up now)

Supernatural (The most underrated show on TV period, if you think this is just some cheesy show about guys fighting monsters you’ve missed the boat…Easily one of the most creative character driven shows I’ve ever watched, it’s brilliant and should never be on the terrible CW channel—This would make a brilliant anime )

Other than the comedies I don’t watch anything on FOX…They’ve burned me too many times canceling great shows so I’m done on getting hooked on their dramas just to get played…

Comedies:

It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia (Hands down the funniest show of the last 5 years, no show is even close…I implore all of you to start @ Season 1 and LOL til stomach pain induces)

Curb Your Enthusiasm (The real life of Seinfeld’s George Costanza, so that’s hilarious)

Squidbillies (redneck squid awesomeness^^)

Honerable mentions:

30 Rock
The Office
HUNG
VH1 Love shows
(Guilty Pleasure I know^^)
Old 2009-10-16, 11:26   Link #7
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Merlin is the only drama I'm following right now, been watching it since it first aired on the BBC.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 11:36   Link #8
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Heroes!
It's getting a bit better after last season's trainwreck.
Old 2009-10-19, 00:04   Link #9
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Best US drama right now is Mad Men, well actually is the only drama I watch now a days.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 11:26   Link #10
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

Bones I love love love love love this show. I only started watching it last April/Spring time actually, yet I already have all 4 seasons and a poster .__. Haha but it's totally worth it. I love Booth/Bones and ALL of the characters, which is really suprising, definately something to check out!
Glee I still have mixed feelings on this show, I don't necessarly like or dislike this show, but it's very addicting to say the least. Refreshing teen drama type thing without being like Disney or Nicktoons.
NCIS Over the summer I've started to watch this show because I think USA had like a billion marathons/reruns, but nothing I'm too too into.
Castle I love Nathan Fillion's work. He does such a good job as Castle, quicking becoming one of my favorite shows
Pysch Started watching the 4th season, but I really don't have any desire to watch the last 3 ones, just fun to watch if I'm bored.
I think that's it. I watch to much tv >:]
Old 2009-12-06, 16:43   Link #11
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

After the regular barrage of Vh1 BET and MtV2 . My favorites have to be documentaries and travel shows on History /Discovery/Nat Geo. The Dramas Sitcom Shows I am following currently are

* Anthony Bourdain No Reservations
* Bizarre Foods/Worlds
* Dexter
* Entourage
* Heroes
* Man vs Food
* Merlin
* Misfits
* My Name is Earl
* Supernatural
* Sons of Anarchy
* The Tudors
* True Blood
* Vampire Diaries

The shows I picked up recently has to be Misfits / Merlin / Sons of Anarchy .

Sons of Anarchy : Sopranos on Harley's being a biker the show fits the bill . Also there hasn't been a good mafioso crime drama in a while

Merlin : Slash Slash Slash Slash Do I need say more ........................... yeah also Magix

Misfits : Poor mans heroes the thing that I love the most is this Dude's antics

Old 2009-12-06, 17:20   Link #12
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
NCIS

Dexter

Criminal Minds

You know, I really wish there was more on domestic TV than just cop shows, lawyer shows and medical shows.

I guess that's why I watch anime.
Old 2009-12-06, 17:22   Link #13
Mattie

Send a message via MSN to Mattie
Flash forward is epic
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 21:43   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Older shows worth renting on DVD

Homicide: Life on the Street (seasons 1-4 are the best)
The West Wing (all seasons; reruns showing on Bravo)
Picket Fences (only season one is available)

If you want to see an older predecessor to Homicide, you might try Hill Street Blues, though it has more action and romance and less psychological drama.

Since you seem to like medical dramas, Miko, there's also St. Elsewhere. Again only the first season has been released to DVD. The early seasons of ER were pretty good as well.

The series that most surprised me was Thirtysomething. I expected a rather soap-opera-like drama about yuppies. I discovered it had a much broader range; some of the later episodes are remarkably well-written (those by Joseph Dougherty in particular). Season one is available now, and season two comes out next month. The last two seasons don't yet have release dates.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2009-12-06 at 22:01.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 21:50   Link #15
Alchemist007
*Author

True Blood
Sons of Anarchy
Battlestar Galactica
Desperate Housewives

Maybe later on will pick up Grey's Anatomy
Old 2009-12-06, 22:14   Link #16
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Smallville I have watched the show from the begginng and intend to see it to the bitter end, Its the comc book geek in me, and it has a cast that i like.

Dr WhoThis series is all sorts of good, with an interesting concept. My mother got me into this when i was a kid, and i have been a fan ever since. Not happy with David Tennant's replacement.

Supernatural I didn't like this show at first, but it has grown on me, and it is very underrated.

Heroes The current season is a step up over what it has been, My biggest gripe with the show is it's rotating cast of characters, even the likeable don't last very long. Second gripe is that the series almost has the same plot, usually centered on gathering the "mutants" together, and every season Sylar gets temporarily sidelined only to comeback during the final eps of the season.

CSI:Miami The best of the CSI's in my opinion. I like all of the characters in this show, while i despise the original with a passion, Ny is okay.

Law&Order I like them all. Infact i could watch the original show all day everyday.

Lie to Me Something about the name clicked with me, and it's not bad.

NCISI liked the show until a certain female was killed, and replaced with Version 2.0, after that it just hasn't been the same.

Cancelled
Dead Zone This show had so much potential, that was wasted on throw away episodes, and end on a cliffhangar of sorts.

Stargate absolutely love the series period.
Old 2009-12-06, 22:40   Link #17
Gin
*Artist

The only dramas I really like are Dexter and Oz.
Old 2009-12-07, 15:25   Link #18
Irkalla
I asked for this

True Blood
Supernatural
Heroes
Merlin
Dexter
Doctor Who
Bones
Spooks

and starting with Tudors somewhere in the near future XD
Old 2009-12-07, 16:12   Link #19
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
True Blood and House MD are the only good ones I know about tbh. All the other ones are chump change compared.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 16:32   Link #20
Mattie

Send a message via MSN to Mattie
Well i can't believe i the only one who watches flashforward lol XD epic fail for TV hits then lol
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote