AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-13, 08:34   Link #17681
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hmm...

Spoiler for crack:

Wrote this in 2 minutes.
This... Two minutes...

Zetsubou Shita! This skill in EPIX has left me in despair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

I haven't really seen much of Dennou Coil, but I've already used Yuuko Amazawa's character design as a base for one of my OC's before (Kaylin).
Oooh I see. Complete with glasses too. Well the tech in the show got too much for me, so I turned to Clarke's 3rd law. Still pretty interesting though. Here's a snippet.

Not to mention Isako's tech arrays are pretty.
Old 2007-12-13, 09:47   Link #17682
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Elric has Carnage fused into his arm too as I recall now and most definitely, C.C. FTW!
Jupp...
Lost Logia bearer FTW! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Quote:
You haven't seen Halycon/Widuri's humanoid form have you?

USB!!!!!!!!!!
Well it was more like I read the words 'device' and 'tongue' and my imagination suddenly spawned some pictures of a random device with tentacles and ... well... I'm sure you can guess... xD

Nothing against Halcyon

Quote:
Spoiler for images:
So she is looking like this now? Nice. ^^

Oh and if you are interessted... the text reads:

"Dance, and it's a limit with a soul"

Quote:
TEARS OF THE NORTHERN WIND
CHAPTER 11

Spoiler for part 1:

Spoiler for part 2:
Yes... she is fun xD
Pretty hardcore stuff here.

Quote:
Now for something out of the blue.

Spoiler for 4koma:

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Oh, you only just now found out?
I just remebered how much I disliked that guy..

Maybe it was because of the ending I'd got...

Quote:
Spoiler for crack:

Wrote this in 2 minutes.
Yes sir... this is a nice bit of crack if I may say so.
Old 2007-12-13, 10:06   Link #17683
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Hey, the principle behind AMF is magitech after all.
Still feels a bit iffy to me... now that I think back on it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Regarding the Belkan System:

Spoiler for Length:

Add-on: It just occurs to me that, if we categorise Midchilda and Belka in terms of Nen, the former would be pre-dominately Emission-type while the latter would fit the description for Reinforcement/Enhancement.
Nice info here. *saves*
Quote:
I'm ever thankful to the divine hammer of inspiration of hitting like a jack-hammer to get me out of a slump and complete this in time.

And this is part 1 of Katrina's profile.

Spoiler for Katrina:
Very nice XD.

Just as long as she doesn't end up creating a contract with someone...

Quote:
BTW, an EXTREMELY bare profile for the big boss in the HayateXGrandis arc.
Spoiler for Luozorl von Mazda:

But I'm still straining my mind for further details to add...
Need more details before I start the interrogation
Quote:
Not really...

Just the end result that made the rest go .

Quote:
The two parts of this took much longer than expected and I'm a little mess up right now so some parts may not make sense.

Part 2 of Katrina's profile

Spoiler for the Herald and the Orphan:

Onwards to what the girl is capable of.

Spoiler for Skills:

It's nearly 4am over here so I'll fix any glaring mistakes and edit as appropriate later in the morning.
Well it's good to know that she can die... although getting her to that state is going to be ridiculously hard.... I was about to complain about the massive range of magic that she's capable of before I remembered that she's been alive for a good few hundred years so has had time to learn and refine the technique..

I'm passing it at this moment. Time will tell if I regret the decison
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Been watching Dennou Coil, and I realised some concepts can be ripped off given homage in here...Not to mention that Godly OP.
Oya... I'll let some of the others take care of that.... I just hope that who ever takes it on adapts it!!
Quote:
Hmm...

Spoiler for crack:

Wrote this in 2 minutes.

Quote:
This... Two minutes...

Don't worry, His epixness is beyond Godlike We can only hope to get as good as he is now

@USB
Nice stuff. Although this is starting to get as ridiculous as Hikki's nearly haxxed abilities...
Old 2007-12-13, 10:42   Link #17684
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
The two parts of this took much longer than expected and I'm a little mess up right now so some parts may not make sense.

Spoiler for Skills:

It's nearly 4am over here so I'll fix any glaring mistakes and edit as appropriate later in the morning.
Wow your version of C.C is 100 times more evil than the one we know and love. She gives me the chills. *buys wards to ward off the evil born of Tormenk's soul*

I think I'll wait for the spell list before I comment on her skill sets. For now the only thing I know is she's a jack of all trades.

Quote:
I would very much like to do that since I do have quite a number of plans in mind already.
Looking forward to it. I should probably start writing myself, though I've been telling myself that for the past few weeks. I haven't really gotten much done. I'd say I'm merely 10~% or so with my next piece, struggling with the interactions like I mentioned a few pages back.

Quote:
I'll help. Take your pick from Lœðingr, Drómi and Gleipnir, which were the three chains used to bound the great wolf Fenrir in Norse myths.
Hmm...Gleipnir works. I think I'll use that, unless someone here objects. *Notes that Halcyon has a binding spell named Gleipnir as well*

Quote:
I MUST WATCH THIS NAO!!!!
Those are joke subs btw.

Quote:
All in all, I think it eases the pain of StrikerS somewhat.
It does? I'm listening to it at the moment.

Quote:
Oopsie. Let's se how things go. I'll look up some names later.
I think I've got it covered.

Quote:
Spoiler for Kitsune Hayate:

Cute!

Quote:
Eva. As in Evangeline Anathasia Kitty McDowell from Mahou Sensei Negima, the most BADASS tsundere loli immortal vampire EVER, and one of the most powerful mages in Negima

Spoiler for Eva:
Its Eva-chan!! And Chacamaru! Both among my top 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Considering she has been alive for so long, she surely has a whole lot of experience.

And I'll be reading that second part tomorrow, as its pretty late right now. I wonder if there can be some connections between Katrina and Iris, since they both have silver hair and red eyes...
Ancestor? Blood related (distantly)?

Quote:
Griffith? Have I missed something?
Something to do with Tesla.

Quote:
Havent read it yet, but she having a soft spot for Lutecia is good to know... I wonder what she will think about my girls now.
She'll go evil-mode and taunt them about their desire for freedom?

Quote:
And the fact that her magic supply is recovered by winding the screw.
Was it magic supply? I think it was energy/electrical supply, seeing how she's a robot and all. And to think she was feeling good from the 'screwing' process.

Quote:

CHAPTER 11
I'm confused by Halcyon's actions. She seem to have killed Hikki for some reason related to her being his servant, but the whole thing seems warped somehow. Hurry up with next chapter! Un-confuse me!

Quote:
Hmm...

Spoiler for crack:

Wrote this in 2 minutes.
*gasp* Its Nighty brand crack! *faints*

Quote:
I now wonder how you're planning to perform this... reformatting... it wouldn't be like certain... mana replenishment methods would it?

*runs*

That would be...most interesting. *cough*

Quote:
Yup

Wonder if there's any chance of Katrina visiting Lutecia in the future...
And taunt her about her freedom? Maybe she'll admit that she was the one who put Megane into a comatose state.
Old 2007-12-13, 10:45   Link #17685
Tormenk

Quote:
Hmm...

Spoiler for crack:

Wrote this in 2 minutes.
"The riches of my life is limited to that glass of water now."

Quote:

:3
Cute.

Quote:
I now wonder how you're planning to perform this... reformatting... it wouldn't be like certain... mana replenishment methods would it?

*runs*
The exchange of body fluids is the most efficient method of mana transfer..in that universe at least anyway.

Quote:
Yup

Wonder if there's any chance of Katrina visiting Lutecia in the future...
Ideas ideas..

Quote:
Oh God.... the UnGodly Crack...
The Count of Al Hazard does have a nice ring to it. And Jail is a bona fide "Ruler of the Cave" as well. :3

Quote:
Yes, you must watch it... with ALL YOUR STRENGTH!!!!

I suggest you either buy it, or wait for the Animax re-airing... the HERO dub on it does it no justice
Dubs make or break the overall viewing experience so quality counts for a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Magical source powering a magic-nullifying field sounds funny to me too unless it's a stand alone thing like a capture barrier. As of now, I'm debating whether to add in AMF to Katrina's spell list.

Quote:
Very nice XD.

Just as long as she doesn't end up creating a contract with someone...
Contract with who? If it's Jail, that would be nigh impossible right now.

Quote:
Well it's good to know that she can die... although getting her to that state is going to be ridiculously hard.... I was about to complain about the massive range of magic that she's capable of before I remembered that she's been alive for a good few hundred years so has had time to learn and refine the technique..

I'm passing it at this moment. Time will tell if I regret the decison
Not so. Land a powerful enough blow and she can be disabled. Regeneration need only be considered a factor outside of combat since it's not that powerful in the first place. As for her all-rounded skills, time and experience is a good excuse.

As for passing judgement, that can wait until her spell list is complete, which is going to be just as wide as her skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Wow your version of C.C is 100 times more evil than the one we know and love. She gives me the chills. *buys wards to ward off the evil born of Tormenk's soul*

I think I'll wait for the spell list before I comment on her skill sets. For now the only thing I know is she's a jack of all trades.
C.C. in her original essence is pretty far off from what I'm trying with Katrina, since she is still an enigmatic character. Katrina should be simpler than the depth I perceived of C.C.

Don't forget she's a very experienced jack of all trades as well.

Quote:
Looking forward to it. I should probably start writing myself, though I've been telling myself that for the past few weeks. I haven't really gotten much done. I'd say I'm merely 10~% or so with my next piece, struggling with the interactions like I mentioned a few pages back.
I find it easier to write if I just disregard what's coming out and let it flow though a lot doesn't make sense later on. Currently the planned scenario is ready, with inclusion of Gen as well as 4 other new OCs I should be introducing into the story once I'm done on Katrina's profile. Although I have to say SS04 threw quite a wrench into my plans..

Quote:
Ancestor? Blood related (distantly)?
Katrina's current appearance isn't the one she was born with but who knows? Looking towards crack are quite some..interesting possibilities I had thought up including one which had Katrina being a mother

Quote:
She'll go evil-mode and taunt them about their desire for freedom?
Only if she finds them interesting enough.

Quote:
I'm confused by Halcyon's actions. She seem to have killed Hikki for some reason related to her being his servant, but the whole thing seems warped somehow. Hurry up with next chapter! Un-confuse me!

Quote:
And taunt her about her freedom? Maybe she'll admit that she was the one who put Megane into a comatose state.
Katrina did force Megane to watch on as she brutalized Quint and a three way confrontation between her and the Alpinos should be very interesting. Possibilities abound.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Last edited by Tormenk; 2007-12-13 at 11:02.
Old 2007-12-13, 10:58   Link #17686
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
This... Two minutes...

That's quite normal around here... Nightengale isn't called the Dark GOD of EPICSIUM for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23
Oooh I see. Complete with glasses too. Well the tech in the show got too much for me, so I turned to Clarke's 3rd law. Still pretty interesting though. Here's a snippet.

Not to mention Isako's tech arrays are pretty.
Ah yes, the third law that makes the Nanohaverse possible

And yes, incredibly pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Well it was more like I read the words 'device' and 'tongue' and my imagination suddenly spawned some pictures of a random device with tentacles and ... well... I'm sure you can guess... xD

Nothing against Halcyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral

Yes... image much better now?

And nice quote there

Quote:
Was it magic supply? I think it was energy/electrical supply, seeing how she's a robot and all. And to think she was feeling good from the 'screwing' process.
I was under the impression that it was both

And yes... by the likes of me, I have never fathomed the thought of a robot being wound up being HOT... until now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon
Katrina taunting Lutecia? If I correctly infer from what I just read, don't think so

Quote:
[I]
The exchange of body fluids is the most efficient method of mana transfer..in that universe at least anyway.
And the most... stimulating

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
The Count of Al Hazard does have a nice ring to it. And Jail is a bona fide "Ruler of the Cave" as well. :3
Definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Dubs make or break the overall viewing experience so quality counts for a lot.
Yup Some of the local dubs are quite alright, while some...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-12-13, 11:17   Link #17687
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Will be looking forward to your OC then. Though what teaser?
The one with the Device making out with Fate-chan? O:
Yes. I r on early today since I dunno when my final starts so... It sounded better then sitting on the floor. I'll probably poof soon to see if it started yet... Then when it's done enjoy free, fast interwebz.
Old 2007-12-13, 12:24   Link #17688
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Interesting. I just google Eva's name and she is similar to some degree. Though which game and character would that be?
Xiahou Yi (夏侯仪) from the 天地劫 series, a wuxia-fantasy RPG by the (imho) now-fallen Han Dynasty . His popularity in the first game was such that the following game was a "prequel" dealing entirely with his past.

Like Katrina, Ice and Fire-aligned magus (though his starting spell is a Fire spell), though he tops it up with dark magic as well. Great offensive magus, and in his own story he also have one of the most nifty barrier spells I've ever seen (defends entire party from all attacks until the timer runs out). Like most magi he has a fairly weak constitution (in-game) but his physical attack is surprisingly decent, and his weapons are fairly unique for a magus (daggers in his youth and metal claws in his later years, due to him losing one of his hands in an incident).

Like most protagonists, an idealistic but pragmatic fellow in his youth, though not without his own unique PoV. A twist of fate turned him into a bitter man, willing to risk the world for his personal goal. The typical anti-hero, but quite a cool chap .

Quote:
As for your question , Katrina's magic style is still predominatly AB though closer to a mix of Hayate and the Wolkies style. For the inclusion of Mid-magic, it's used to supplement her range abilities and is part of her casting style for her bigger spells, much like how Hayate uses both the triangle and circle in casting sometimes.
*takes notes*

Quote:

Spoiler for Skills:

Such is one who is beloved by the Hammer of Divine Inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post

And just to add to some items in that article- mostly speculation and own-forumlated theories

- I completely agree on these premises on the basis of creation of Neo-Velka (I'm still using the V instead of B for ease of speaking) and also, i have a few thoughts on why the TSAB have chosen to do this.

> The general "Weakening" of Mid-Type magic in particular. Being the dominant magic type in the Bureau since it's incorporation (save those velkans like Zest, Quint, Megane (?), Carim (i don't really know the name Lutecia's mom- please toss it to me) and a few others), and being the dominant magic form of Ordered Space in particular (after the decline and 'virtual extinction' of Ancient Velka, which happened decades if not centuries or millienia before the Bureau incorporation), there have been simply too many mages born for too long a time, and thus, the 'general rating' of Mid-type as a whole is lessening- may it be genetic, or some other reason- maybe the premise of quality/quantity (more mages, less quality- crap and etc) as well.
I must say that this is imho too vague to be used as a reason. Canonically speaking, there is no proof that the Midchildan Style is weakening as you imply.

But if you're talking about AU, what can I say?

From my recent findings on Nanohawiki, that the Belkan race originated from a different world other than Mid, and that the Belkan Homeworld, like Al Hazerd, was destroyed due to LL misuse, I now believe that the actual reason creating for Neo Belka may be similar, if not exactly, Possibility B. It is entirely possible that the Belkan fugitives on Mid lost much of their magical heritage and were forced to rebuilt their now-lost style based on whatever they had at hand, namely the Midchildan Style.

Quote:
Gauging this theory from some observations- which ones i can't tell for now. But the addition of cartridge systems has made me think- "if they are that powerful already, why add boosters?". That could only mean one thing for me, that the form is weakening. Or in another viewpoint, the enemies are now getting too strong for Mid-type's own good...
There is no such thing as too much power. In war, be it technological or military conflict, it is only sensible for those having the upper-hand to make sure that they remain so, much more those locked in a draw.

If I'm fighting with someone who is my equal to the death, any bit of advantage is welcome, if not desperately anticipated.

Quote:
- I completely agree on this.

> Why the heck are 2-3 Mid-Type devices in the entrie Bureau have a velkan cartridge system anyway? Why not outfit all of the bureau's applicable Mid-Type devices with the system? They have a lot of funding to invest on such failures such as the [what was that name again?] system that Regius was so happy to use. If that were to happen, the bureau would have been less of a pushover...

> But then, again the massive power of such a sudden boost may have been too much for a normal grunt/device could handle. A funny theory sprouted from this- that the majority of Ancient Velkans being killed in peacetime is by means of overloaded devices- probably during duels and stuff.

> But then, we have the unison device. But again another theory- Early UDs were/may be fatal to the users... sucking the user's energy too much. But as for Rein and Agito, they have their own LCs to power them up.
Agreed, except that Unison Devices are always dangerous to those not ready to work with them. It's not the matter of LC draining, of which, IIRC, the corrupted Tome alone is guilty of. The real danger in using a UD is to have the UD overwhelming the Meister's consciousness, like what happened to Hayate initially. (On a sidenote, this could also be a problem with IDs as well, as written in the novel). If I may be nasty, using a UD can somewhat be like making a pact with the Dark One.

Quote:
- I guess Mid-type is getting into the "i want to have a superior" force getup as well... Here's one thing i can say the the Bureau...

Andrei: Enough of the phobia regarding 'banned' weaponry, just un-ban it already!!!

[Fangwang]Finally... One of my Dukes Arrives...[/Fangwang]

Haha, who doesn't like to have a winning team on their side?

Quote:
I've already given up trying to figure canon out. Some stuff just seems to have been made up in the spur of the moment.
The process helps churn crack out, I believe .

Or at least, that's what works for me .

Quote:
*Flaps sleeves Qing Dynasty-style and kneels*

You hath brought a new level to the crack!!!!

*See Estavali's avatar*

This demands a skilled writer- Oh, um, nevermind. *arranges clothes*

That said, the ED's lyrics fits so well with StS eps 16-17 too.
*looks at avatar*

Heh? What's with my avatar?

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2007-12-13 at 12:49. Reason: Deleted last part due to dissatisfaction ^^|||
Old 2007-12-13, 12:39   Link #17689
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Thanks.

----------

And the fact that her magic supply is recovered by winding the screw.

Then feast upon it.

----------------

CHAPTER 11

Spoiler for part 1:

Spoiler for part 2:

EPIC BATTLE!!!!!

Quote:
Now for something out of the blue.

Spoiler for 4koma:

*runs*

Oh man...I can SOO see that happening. Poor, poor Halcyon .

Quote:
Yet another tactical advantage, then. Despite how it looks, its still capable of kicking ass. Getting your enemies to underestimate you is one of the main methods of achieving victory. Score one for Normandy!
Woohoo!!

Quote:
Borg are one of the few reasons I watch Star Trek. And Q. Especially Q.
Ah, yes. Gotta love those emotionless, assimilating. cybernetic enhanced Borg . And of course Q. Without Q there would be no Borg attempting to invade the Alpha Quadrant.

Quote:
1: well, at least she won't remember what she had done after she's reformatted.

although energy drain via HAWT STEAMY KI-

*radio static*

Mmm..... reformatting......

*mental images*

CRAP.

*plugs nostrils*
*USB CRTs himself*

Quote:
Not at all. You thought up the possibility first. And crack just has a habit of evolving in here.

And I do agree as well on the ED part.

Here's some incentive to get those who haven't watch Gankutsuou to start.

The OP

The ED

And don't forget about it's rather...creative coloring schemes .

Quote:

*runs*
Whatever could you be suggesting there, Lowe?
Old 2007-12-13, 13:36   Link #17690
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

The crack confuses me involving this device since I don't know what it is...

And because I'm too lazy to quote usually... I think the main reason the TSAB doesn't just give everyone Catridge systems, is mentioned in A's itself. Assuming the main Device used is say Intelligent, the System can destroy it due to it's sensitivity. I imagine even a Storage Device wasn't designed to support one. Armed Devices are likely specifically built for it.

So I guess it's a matter of: "We don't wanna spend money developing stronger Intelligent/Storage Devices..."

Although I guess by that logic Raging Heart or Bardiche could've busted by now but... I guess it all depends in the number of cartridges being used and the strength of the mage wielding it. *Shrug* I'm just a Nanon00b so
Old 2007-12-13, 17:48   Link #17691
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Finally got some inspiration to write another piece from this...unique PoV that, as far as I know, only I have used so far .

Spoiler for My Partner:
Old 2007-12-13, 18:37   Link #17692
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm ever thankful to the divine hammer of inspiration of hitting like a jack-hammer to get me out of a slump and complete this in time.

And this is part 1 of Katrina's profile.

Spoiler for Katrina:

With that much said, here is the image of Katrina. Countless thanks to Lowegear for his help on this.

Spoiler for the real deal:
After two whole nights without sleep, pondering how I'm going to reply to this post, I've finally settle on the most simple and chaotic answer that I could think of...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-13, 19:12   Link #17693
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
After two whole nights without sleep, pondering how I'm going to reply to this post, I've finally settle on the most simple and chaotic answer that I could think of...

Spoiler:
eh?
Old 2007-12-13, 19:45   Link #17694
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
eh?
Exactly
Old 2007-12-13, 19:58   Link #17695
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Magical source powering a magic-nullifying field sounds funny to me too unless it's a stand alone thing like a capture barrier. As of now, I'm debating whether to add in AMF to Katrina's spell list.
I think I'll go back and change the wording so it's just a one time dispel of magic..

But how would she cast it?
Quote:
Contract with who? If it's Jail, that would be nigh impossible right now.
But you could have multiple contracts.... the power of geass is transferrable......
Quote:
Not so. Land a powerful enough blow and she can be disabled. Regeneration need only be considered a factor outside of combat since it's not that powerful in the first place. As for her all-rounded skills, time and experience is a good excuse.
I'll keep it in mind..
Quote:
As for passing judgement, that can wait until her spell list is complete, which is going to be just as wide as her skills.
Waiting, waiting

Quote:
*looks at avatar*

I think it's how he feels at the time... just like hayate, swirly eyed with crack
Quote:
Finally got some inspiration to write another piece from this...unique PoV that, as far as I know, only I have used so far .

Spoiler for My Partner:
Very nice
Old 2007-12-13, 20:32   Link #17696
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
I stole my lab's Internet connection! Dx Dx Dx ;p

Okay, here I come.

===========

Quote:
That's because the 4koma isn't all that much. Your serious story is much more interesting.
Ow.

=============

Quote:

:3
*cue music*
Super Hayate Brothers, anyone? :3

Quote:
As promised, here's my Chapter-By-Chapter review on USB's Tears of the Northern Wind!

Chapter 1: Good start. The background with the Gunslinger Girls is interesting. But getting shot to the heart and still living is HAXX!

Chapter 2: So that’s Halcyon. Wait. Yuuno shouldn’t use ‘-san’ when talking with Nanoha! Thay’re the closest of friends! What’ the need for honorifics? And isn’t RF6 already disbanded by those times?

Chapter 3: Oh. So the bullet didn’t hit his heart after all… Sister Patricia, eh? What a nice person. ^_^

Chapter 4: The Aces meet Mai! And speaking of which, poor Mai. BTW, how does Mai know about Nanoha’s potential in helping Hikki? And of course, some Aces foursome fanserice!

Chapter 5: A-afraid of cats?! <snort> BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! XD XD XD That was win! The best chapter from the first five. Patricia’s really cute.

Chapter 6: Iriya? I don’t remember anyone like that in Gunslinger Girls… Is she an OC? Nice chapter, BTW. The Nanoha and Fate interaction was good. Specially this line:
“If we had the power to protect, would we do so even though we’d destroy ourselves in the end?"

Chapter 7: Finally, some action! Nice! And BTW, it’s morning star, not shooting star. Nica and intense action. But Katrina got killed. And I guess the madness starts now, huh? Nagalintar makes an appearance too.

Chapter 8: Great action here! With dragonspeak HAXX too. Good to know Katrina is safe. Nice!

Chapter 9: ZOMGEPIC!!! But Patricia’s now dead. Must read next chapter NAO! <clicks the link to chapter 10>

Chapter 10: Clearly beyond anything the Nanohaverse has to offer-level HAXX-fighting!!! YAY for Armstrong’s entrance! And of course, here comes Halcyon.

Chapter 11: Clearly, this is the most EPIC story yours that I’ve read up to now! Armstrong vs. Nagalintar shows that Aku wo Tatsu Tsurugi might just be SSS ranked as you said some months ago… <readies HAXXbuster Rifle> And Halcyon is ZOMGWTFBBQHAXXRAPE!!!!!!!! So she absorbs your energy AND spells by kissing you?! NEXT! CHAPTER!! FASTER!!!
Oh. And it's 'Mistress of the Night Sky' for Hayate. I can forgive the further shafting. (Alter Ego: Liar.) But at least get her title right.

I put aside this story for reading later before my exams. And now that I’ve read it, I’m glad that I delayed it in order to read 11 winning chapters straight in one sitting! Your TONW story totally made my day, USB! Excellent work!
Ah, I see. yes, Iriya is my Gunslinger Girl OC.

Well, thanks for each and every one of the comments you posted here. I'm glad you enjoyed the saga.

Quote:
Random 4koma is denial!Halcyon...: p
Shh.

==========

Quote:
Hmm...

Spoiler for crack:

Wrote this in 2 minutes.

Enough said.

=========

Quote:

And why not?

*runs*
I fear for the "consequences".

Quote:

*runs*
You mean...

Spoiler for OSHI-:

*runs*

==========

Quote:

Nothing against Halcyon
I suggest you to keep the suggestion in the shelf for now.

Quote:

Ah, thanks for the translation.

Quote:
Yes... she is fun xD
Pretty hardcore stuff here.

===========

Quote:
Hmm...Gleipnir works. I think I'll use that, unless someone here objects. *Notes that Halcyon has a binding spell named Gleipnir as well*

=============
Quote:
@USB
Nice stuff. Although this is starting to get as ridiculous as Hikki's nearly haxxed abilities...
Quote:
USB500 blames the cold temperature of the working lab.

Well, yeah, next update will be postponed until I recover from this madness for two days. I need to rest during this weekend.

================

Quote:
Lucky Negi. He gets to "screw" Chachamaru until she feels all good.

============

Last edited by USB500; 2007-12-13 at 22:02.
Old 2007-12-13, 22:31   Link #17697
Aaron008R

Before tackling the backlog, here's Part 1 of Luozorl's profile!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-12-13, 23:11   Link #17698
Aaron008R

Quote:
Aaah Nostalgia
I never got to finish the game in the NES! @_@

Quote:
It's just like counter-spells, right? Using magic to counter magic.

Quote:
Need more details before I start the interrogation
Interrogate away!

Quote:
I think I've got it covered.
Okay.

Quote:
Cute!

Quote:

Spoiler for My Partner:
Teubor is very intelligent for a device. Reminds me of the fic with Raising Heart as the narrator in FFnet. Anyway, this is awesome! melikes the relation of events. But it does make me curious about Shamsel's berserker state...

Good job!

Quote:
*cue music*
Super Hayate Brothers, anyone? :3
Sisters, maybe. Hayate is female.

Quote:
Ah, I see. yes, Iriya is my Gunslinger Girl OC.
I see.

Quote:
Well, thanks for each and every one of the comments you posted here. I'm glad you enjoyed the saga.
Sure. When's the next chapter?

Quote:
You mean...

Spoiler for OSHI-:

*runs*

I remember that scene from Negima...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-12-13, 23:50   Link #17699
Tormenk

Quote:
Katrina taunting Lutecia? If I correctly infer from what I just read, don't think so
Though the absence of a few years will definitely bring about some changes.

Quote:
And the most... stimulating

*runs*

Quote:
Xiahou Yi (夏侯仪) from the 天地劫 series, a wuxia-fantasy RPG by the (imho) now-fallen Han Dynasty . His popularity in the first game was such that the following game was a "prequel" dealing entirely with his past.

Like Katrina, Ice and Fire-aligned magus (though his starting spell is a Fire spell), though he tops it up with dark magic as well. Great offensive magus, and in his own story he also have one of the most nifty barrier spells I've ever seen (defends entire party from all attacks until the timer runs out). Like most magi he has a fairly weak constitution (in-game) but his physical attack is surprisingly decent, and his weapons are fairly unique for a magus (daggers in his youth and metal claws in his later years, due to him losing one of his hands in an incident).

Like most protagonists, an idealistic but pragmatic fellow in his youth, though not without his own unique PoV. A twist of fate turned him into a bitter man, willing to risk the world for his personal goal. The typical anti-hero, but quite a cool chap .

This guy sounds even more like her now, barring the things I have not revealed yet. The part about daggers is certainly a strong link.

Quote:
*takes notes*
I would say her style is very unorthodox as far as Mid and Belkan mages goes so it's not much to take note of.

Quote:
From my recent findings on Nanohawiki, that the Belkan race originated from a different world other than Mid, and that the Belkan Homeworld, like Al Hazerd, was destroyed due to LL misuse, I now believe that the actual reason creating for Neo Belka may be similar, if not exactly, Possibility B. It is entirely possible that the Belkan fugitives on Mid lost much of their magical heritage and were forced to rebuilt their now-lost style based on whatever they had at hand, namely the Midchildan Style.
This is quite a piece of information and no doubt quite useful and troublesome at the same time.

Quote:
There is no such thing as too much power. In war, be it technological or military conflict, it is only sensible for those having the upper-hand to make sure that they remain so, much more those locked in a draw.

If I'm fighting with someone who is my equal to the death, any bit of advantage is welcome, if not desperately anticipated.

Quote:
Agreed, except that Unison Devices are always dangerous to those not ready to work with them. It's not the matter of LC draining, of which, IIRC, the corrupted Tome alone is guilty of. The real danger in using a UD is to have the UD overwhelming the Meister's consciousness, like what happened to Hayate initially. (On a sidenote, this could also be a problem with IDs as well, as written in the novel). If I may be nasty, using a UD can somewhat be like making a pact with the Dark One.
Heh~

Quote:
The process helps churn crack out, I believe .

Or at least, that's what works for me .
Somewhat for me as well. Katrina's Logia fusion idea was expanded from Auris' comment about Hayate being a "living Lost Logia" in fact.

Quote:
*looks at avatar*

Humongous eyespin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
The crack confuses me involving this device since I don't know what it is...

And because I'm too lazy to quote usually... I think the main reason the TSAB doesn't just give everyone Catridge systems, is mentioned in A's itself. Assuming the main Device used is say Intelligent, the System can destroy it due to it's sensitivity. I imagine even a Storage Device wasn't designed to support one. Armed Devices are likely specifically built for it.

So I guess it's a matter of: "We don't wanna spend money developing stronger Intelligent/Storage Devices..."

Although I guess by that logic Raging Heart or Bardiche could've busted by now but... I guess it all depends in the number of cartridges being used and the strength of the mage wielding it. *Shrug* I'm just a Nanon00b so
Well for the fact that the majority of TSAB personnel carry SDs is probably one of the reason as well. As for RH and BA, both were not TSAB produced. RH found by Yuuno(?), BA built by Precia/Linith, so that should be taken into account of their inherent toughness. Come to think of it, Subaru's MC is the only new ID since S1. Well maybe Vice's Storm Raider as well but that can be taken as IDs aren't that common in usage as well.

Quote:

Spoiler for My Partner:
The device PoV certainly is a interesting perspective to expand upon. Shamsel has been nicely expanded upon with all the pieces so far and this is another great one.

Though Shamsel is pretty self-conscious of his own flaws and this is pretty informative as well, in a number of ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Spoiler:
Ah you mean simple and random don't you.

Spoiler for answer:

Quote:
I think I'll go back and change the wording so it's just a one time dispel of magic..

But how would she cast it?
Possibly along the lines of what you mentioned. Though the double-edge sword approach would be to cast a field that disables both sides in combat.

Quote:
But you could have multiple contracts.... the power of geass is transferrable......
Er no. Katrina cannot bestow Geass powers onto other individuals.

Quote:
I'll keep it in mind..

Waiting, waiting
Should be done around afternoon.

Quote:
Spoiler for OSHI-:

*runs*
Sounds like Chaos's line some time back.

[Chaos] I'll screw you until you feel good ! [/Chaos]

Quote:
Lucky Negi. He gets to "screw" Chachamaru until she feels all good.
What's with all the "screwing" here lately?

Quote:
Before tackling the backlog, here's Part 1 of Luozorl's profile!
Very nice. Part 1 spoke quite a lot about the Duke and I'll be looking forward to what you will bring up for the rest.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-12-13, 23:54   Link #17700
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
Teubor is very intelligent for a device. Reminds me of the fic with Raising Heart as the narrator in FFnet. Anyway, this is awesome! melikes the relation of events. But it does make me curious about Shamsel's berserker state...
Thanks.
Um, I think you should look at the name of that author again . The story was called, My Master.
Closed Thread