AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-08-02, 00:40   Link #33481
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Well, Shigan wrote her that way, so I'd believe she would be interested in showing how she got there
LOL, I had meant in terms of how Shigan's considered the "nice" writer, while I'm the "tragic" one .

Quote:
There is no security on the NSIS Director's office; it is a black hole that naturally deactivates all security measures even when they are apparently fully active!
Actually, that hilariously makes sense, in a way! If it is a black hole that cancels out all magic, then Auris would be sure that there are no mage-assassins waiting to off her!

Quote:
Think of it as poetic justice. "You feel it's necessary for (potential) Shadow agents to be mentally traumatized in the name of the good of the service; so you can be sent on this mission where your working theory can be put to the test. Have fun!"

Though it's entirely possible that Chrono was telling the plain truth to Megane without any implications. After all, RB wrote the story. If it were me, I'd just have had them killed.
Yeaaaaaah.....but still, it's terribly ironic that Chrono, who was defending each Shadow's right to only accepting missions that they're comfortable with and for not burning out Shadow agents because they're fundamentally decent people , would do that to even two jerk-asses. So yes, poetic justice, but it still seems cruel and immoral. I mean, those two recruiters could have been working from what they knew best, and laid it on thick to Lutecia to maximize their chance of getting an acceptance--since, well, they didn't know if Lutecia would have agreed or not otherwise? So it seems harsh that Chrono would condone screwing them over just because he didn't approve of their methods, in a profession like the NSIS . That's just where I'm coming from.

(I'm not saying that it's unthinkable for Chrono to do such a thing, just that if he did, then it really changes how I view his character in Shadowverse . Slips him further down the dark end of the scale!)

Of course, it could have just been the plain truth . Wouldn't that be truly ironic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
Also, I never saw the continuity as a problem. Prerogative and Tame may happen in the same chronology but they are written around very different concepts of significance in the evolution of a relationship. I think I only make one single clear reference to Prerogative in the whole story really, that being in the last segment when Vivio and Hayate hug and Vi is reminded of her fifteen years old self stepping forth with a rose in hand to confess her feelings. In Tame, Vi steps forth to accept the complications that comes with dating Hayate, perhaps I should have made this clearer .
*Nod* Yup, that was also neat writing by you. Besides, the two stories are significantly different in time and scope that practically nothing overlapped between the stories. (It does prevent me from giggling evilly and doing something tragic in PotB, since it has to lead to Tame! )

I think most people got it, Shigan. They're all being super patient with me as I try to finish writing!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 00:54   Link #33482
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Besides, the two stories are significantly different in time and scope that practically nothing overlapped between the stories. (It does prevent me from giggling evilly and doing something tragic in PotB, since it has to lead to Tame! )
*nod* I think it's rather funny how little we really planned while the early parts were being written. Seeing the outline now, it certainly looks methodically masterminded while in reality it was more like:

Shigan: "Hey! I'm doing this! *sends dc first three segments*
deathcurse: "Yay! You have my blessings, go on! Here, have a outline! *sends document*

Quote:
I'm not as involved in that particular change in Vivio --would you believe that Shigan's the one who's plotting that part out?
*raises eyebrow at dc* I... I am?

Quote:
Well, Shigan wrote her that way, so I'd believe she would be interested in showing how she got there
*goes slightly pale*
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 00:56   Link #33483
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
*nod* I think it's rather funny how little we really planned while the early parts were being written. Seeing the outline now, it certainly looks methodically masterminded while in reality it was more like:

Shigan: "Hey! I'm doing this! *sends dc first three segments*
deathcurse: "Yay! You have my blessings, go on! Here, have a outline! *sends document*
Shhhh, you're ruining our mystique!

Quote:
*raises eyebrow at dc* I... I am?

*goes slightly pale*
Didn't you already have fic plans for how Vivio turns into a full-blown Navy SEAL-type soldier who kicks ass in war zones?
Old 2011-08-02, 01:04   Link #33484
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Didn't you already have fic plans for how Vivio turns into a full-blown Navy SEAL-type soldier who kicks ass in war zones?
I...don't think so? Though, I was speculating around the idea of a Hayate-oneshot revolving around that period when Vivio's undergoing the training. It doesn't really go into the detail of -how- Vivio toughens up so much thou, but more focused on Hayate noticing the changes in her.

Oooh, ok. Let's be mysterious then xD.
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 08:53   Link #33485
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Yeaaaaaah.....but still, it's terribly ironic that Chrono, who was defending each Shadow's right to only accepting missions that they're comfortable with and for not burning out Shadow agents because they're fundamentally decent people , would do that to even two jerk-asses. So yes, poetic justice, but it still seems cruel and immoral. I mean, those two recruiters could have been working from what they knew best, and laid it on thick to Lutecia to maximize their chance of getting an acceptance--since, well, they didn't know if Lutecia would have agreed or not otherwise? So it seems harsh that Chrono would condone screwing them over just because he didn't approve of their methods, in a profession like the NSIS . That's just where I'm coming from.

(I'm not saying that it's unthinkable for Chrono to do such a thing, just that if he did, then it really changes how I view his character in Shadowverse . Slips him further down the dark end of the scale!)

Of course, it could have just been the plain truth . Wouldn't that be truly ironic!
Basically, take it as you will. If you don't like the thought of Chrono doing such a thing, you can always assume he's lying through his teeth to keep Megane off their tracks, because what Megane would do to them once she finds them is far worse than anything Chrono could have done.
Old 2011-08-02, 08:59   Link #33486
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Basically, take it as you will. If you don't like the thought of Chrono doing such a thing, you can always assume he's lying through his teeth to keep Megane off their tracks, because what Megane would do to them once she finds them is far worse than anything Chrono could have done.
Wich could be seen too as a machination by Chrono so they would get their ass kicked by Megane. Frankly, I don't think there's an escape route from that initial thought anymore. XD
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 10:17   Link #33487
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

In my opinion Chrono would never lie to Megane because of his strong sense of responsibility, even if it meant crippled in places a man would cry.
Old 2011-08-02, 20:39   Link #33488
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
I...don't think so? Though, I was speculating around the idea of a Hayate-oneshot revolving around that period when Vivio's undergoing the training. It doesn't really go into the detail of -how- Vivio toughens up so much thou, but more focused on Hayate noticing the changes in her.

Oooh, ok. Let's be mysterious then xD.
You know, Shig, if you leave it so open-ended TragedyWriter!dc can't help but start to fill in the blanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Hehe, bring your own interpretation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
In my opinion Chrono would never lie to Megane because of his strong sense of responsibility, even if it meant crippled in places a man would cry.
I don't know...even in canon, I can see Chrono as the kind of guy would would bend the truth if it meant helping someone out. Maybe it's the fact that despite his by-the-book exterior, he shows his softy side a lot for both Fate and Hayate's cases?
Old 2011-08-02, 20:48   Link #33489
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Red

Peak's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four

Dwell Start

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peak - Dwell PT 2:

Spoiler for Comments:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 20:49   Link #33490
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

That's what I mean (Actually, all the good characters in MLGN are like that). He would not have lied through his teeth to save his own skin.
Old 2011-08-02, 20:58   Link #33491
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Chrono always had the potential to be a hard person--I mean, hell, look at his introduction in the movie. He damn near blew off Fate's arm.
Old 2011-08-02, 21:48   Link #33492
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Chrono always had the potential to be a hard person--I mean, hell, look at his introduction in the movie. He damn near blew off Fate's arm.
And his mentor and personal magic trainers were the three people who thought isolating a nine-year-old from friends and social services, torturing her into insanity by murdering her only loved ones in front of her face, and then imprisoning her in frozen stasis, in that insane state, for all eternity was a good way to deal with a dangerous Lost Logia. Sure, Chrono told them to stuff that plan...but he doesn't say, "That's a morally indefensible, hideously evil thing to do"; he says, "That plan won't work."
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 22:01   Link #33493
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Because he knew that morality doesn't work when the universe is shot to hell, so it was pointless to say even if those might be his exact thoughts.

Although the fact that Chrono chose to trust a low-chanced but workable miracle meant that there's something he would believe in even if the universe is inches away from kaboom.

And then he was just plain softy after marrying Amy. ^^
Old 2011-08-02, 22:05   Link #33494
NTFTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Red

Peak's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four

Dwell Start

Spoiler for Comments:
Due always seems so weird to me whenever she shows up.
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 22:08   Link #33495
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTFTH View Post
Due always seems so weird to me whenever she shows up.
Is it because the only thing she did in canon was stab people from behind and then die?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 22:23   Link #33496
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

About Due, I can't shake off the feeling I get from her when reading 'Due'. Yes, it's your fault Nanya.
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 22:24   Link #33497
NTFTH

Quote:
Is it because the only thing she did in canon was stab people from behind and then die?
It's more because I've been working alot on an AU fic recently that has Due in it and well...she basically inserts lots of tragedy, darkness, and fridge horror generally being the complete opposite of how you write her.
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 22:38   Link #33498
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
And his mentor and personal magic trainers were the three people who thought isolating a nine-year-old from friends and social services, torturing her into insanity by murdering her only loved ones in front of her face, and then imprisoning her in frozen stasis, in that insane state, for all eternity was a good way to deal with a dangerous Lost Logia. Sure, Chrono told them to stuff that plan...but he doesn't say, "That's a morally indefensible, hideously evil thing to do"; he says, "That plan won't work."
Yeah! Chrono's always seemed to me to be someone cut from the same cloth as Graham, but with a keener sense of morality. Which would actually make him more dangerously unpredictable, since one would never know if he's making a decision based on his conscience or his keen mind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Because he knew that morality doesn't work when the universe is shot to hell, so it was pointless to say even if those might be his exact thoughts.

Although the fact that Chrono chose to trust a low-chanced but workable miracle meant that there's something he would believe in even if the universe is inches away from kaboom.

And then he was just plain softy after marrying Amy. ^^
True, that could be an explanation for what Dezo said....

Well, he also had a bunch of girls (and Zafira...and Yuuno ) adamantly arguing with him about a more idealistic way of doing things!

I bet Amy totally is the disciplinarian in that family!
Old 2011-08-02, 23:07   Link #33499
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Since RD's been such a bro lately I offered to do something for him. I was supposed to have it done for Monday so it's a bit late but I suppose it's good that it's here at all

Spoiler for Rise of the Daemon Kaiser chapter 8:
Old 2011-08-02, 23:09   Link #33500
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Red

Peak's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four

Dwell Start

Spoiler for Comments:
a... chiff hanger?....

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha