AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-09-10, 09:19   Link #34201
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Yeah... the lack of Vita/Yuuno fanfics proves they have nothing.
At least not until Vita becomes a Combat Instructor. Then the two of them at least share a common ground in teaching.

Yuuno's more "fundamentals of magic" and Vita's more "advanced combat tactics", but they've both had to teach both at some point, and don't lack for understanding in the other field.

Quote:
I only found 00-Raiser's fanfic about Vita wanting to break Yuuno's barriers so badly.
There's also a brief tease in his "Image Change" story.

I didn't remember that F91/00-Raiser had written both of them. (Also, it seems I didn't review the other. Crap!)

But if one wants to find a weakness to the Yuuno/Hayate pairing, it's that they NEVER interact. The only time that they're even in the same time and place, to my knowledge, is the showdown with the Defense Program.

In the post-A's parties the cast hold in supplementary manga and Sound Stages, Yuuno and Hayate might be in the same party, but they don't have any dialogue with each other.

Hayate does mention that in order to construct her own Unison, Armed and Storage Devices, she's considering asking Yuuno as well as Mari for help. So she's definitely aware of him.

(I'd question whether or not she's aware enough to actually have a grasp of his abilities, but even if he can't help with design or construction, he can help with tracking down old records of past Unison Devices. But earlier in the season, Nanoha and Fate seemed to think that Yuuno could help repair Raising Heart and Bardiche. I'm not sure what's going on here; is Yuuno mechanically savvy?)

Yuuno likely wasn't involved in Hayate's physical rehabilitation, in part because they didn't know each other that well, and also because Hayate had the Wolkenritter for constant support (including her own physician).

But Yuuno would definitely have been involved in Nanoha's physical rehabilitation after her accident, which put Nanoha and Hayate in the same program together. So Yuuno would have been there for Hayate by extention a few times.

I'd speculate on how Hayate might turn to Yuuno for information to help with her cases in her first job, but what sort of job does a "Special Investigator" DO, anyway? How is it different from the investigations conducted by the Enforcers?

Is "Special Investigations" the TSAB's version of "Internal Affairs?" That would fit Hayate's circumstances as much as the Enforcer career path fits Fate's.

That is, Fate goes out and deals with dangerous criminals like her mother, and Hayate makes sure that the TSAB isn't harboring any more Gil Grahams.

(Fate and Hayate met in the middle with Jail Scaglietti, a dangerous criminal who turned out to be created and funded by people within the TSAB.)

If you're of the opinion that Hayate should have progessed in her magical combat skills as much over ten years as Nanoha did in six months, then Yuuno is one of the more obvious choices of magical instructors.

The Wolkenritter would be experts on battle tactics and practical combat application of spells, but as far as the magic itself goes, Hayate's style is a mix of Midchild and Belkan, and mostly focused on bombardment spells. They probably can't help much with the fundamentals of that.

Nanoha had to learn the fundamentals from Yuuno, and Fate and Arf needed him to provide them a better understanding of the same than Linith was able to provide. Which not only means they might still know less about it than him, it proves that he's qualified to teach it, even to students who already have a sloppy start. (It's harder to instill good habits in those who've already developed bad habits.)

Chrono's another logical choice, but Yuuno's probably got more free time, a more flexible schedule, and... well, Chrono might have already have been sort-of-but-not-really dating Amy at that time, which would cut into his free hours.

Plus, Chrono's not as good with fields as Yuuno (which he implies himself in a Sound Stage), so despite Yuuno's poor track record of keeping Girl-Shaped WMD's contained, Chrono would be even less successful.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 10:35   Link #34202
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
...not quite the reaction I was aiming for but..ok. *tilts head too* I was trying to write semi-crack humour O_o, I take it I didn't quite succeed. Should have known better than to attempt a Moczo.
Oh, don't get me wrong, it's certainly a funny little piece. It made me chuckle a few times! It's just one of those fics where I had to reread the full thing a couple of times to get the full humor of it, and even then I can only really sort of... look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
But if one wants to find a weakness to the Yuuno/Hayate pairing, it's that they NEVER interact. The only time that they're even in the same time and place, to my knowledge, is the showdown with the Defense Program.
From what I recall, the Hayate/Yuuno pairing became a really big hit because the two were always playing as the beta couple in his main epic NanoFate stories. So it's sort of an easy pairing to work with if you want to keep Yuuno away from Nanoha for the NanoFate to happen, but you don't want him to be completely alone.
Old 2011-09-10, 10:41   Link #34203
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Basically, it's another case of Pair the Spares.
Old 2011-09-10, 11:12   Link #34204
Mr Coin
Heads or Tails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
Well, here comes chapter 3 of Leave of Absence. It was rather difficult to write. I'm not sure if that's just a product of writing multi-chapter stories or not being sure if the reactions were... proper? for the situation.

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Spoiler for Leave of Absence: Chapter 3:

I can smell a Yuuno/Reinforce/Hayate threeway.

Oh, and when is Reinforce going to meet the Wolkens?
Mr Coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 11:29   Link #34205
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
This is why Shigan should never be allowed to go on business trips where she's set free to buy home a boatload of cheap east-state alcohol. Shigan is currently in possession of no less than 5 bottles of cognac.

This is not a part of the challenge so I really have no excuse for this, aside from wanting to butter Yui up for more hot fanarts.

Here's something for readers of The Hayate x Vivio Files! Deathcurse is completely innocent of this, the guilt and crack and shame is all on me.

Vivio: age 20+. Hayate: age 33+. Probably R-rated out of plain O_oness.

Now, onwards!

Spoiler for The Next Best Thing:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
Quote:
Wait... Hayate has a canon breast fascination? I thought I was discovering a whole new world here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post

Yes she does . It's in the Sound Stages, I believe. I normally ignore it in my writing, but it's hilarious how you wrote it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's Hayate. The 19-year-old colonel who was disappointed she couldn't grope the Forwards' breasts because they were too young. I think it's okay that Hayate has certain eccentricities involving whoever she's dating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
I personally consider the H x V Files to be relatively close to canon, but different wherever it needs to be. I had originally thought that the "Hayate = addicted to breasts and groping" was just something I intentionally left out of my stories, but here you've redirected that into something...awesomely funny and original . And at least now Hayate's attention is focused in on one pair of breasts only...
See, eg. A's SS1, Track 10; SS2, Track 8; and best of all, StrikerS SS2, Track 17:

Spoiler for Copied from the Sound Stage Translations thread:

The strange thing here is, when I read the story, knowledge of Hayate's general canon breast-fetish made me sit there and scratch my head, going, "Wait a minute, Hayate needs an excuse to fixate on the biggest bustline in the series*, particularly when she's sleeping with its owner? And if Vivio's been obsessed with Hayate since she was 10, this comes as a surprise to her?"

(Or was I supposed to assume that the whole thing was just a desperate, last second excuse by Hayate to "justify" herself and that Vivio called her bluff by ordering all that food? I'm very puzzled.)

*except, possibly, Reinforce?
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 14:55   Link #34206
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

*enters*, excuse me, hello to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I think my muse has made me go completely insane.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four Dwell Takamachi Scrya Fatherhood Harlaown Dreams Dance

Healing Start

Healing Part 2

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Healing End:

About Quint's call: "I'm going to be a mother!" sounds weird for this case as she is already a mother (souds like she isn't one yet, and combined with the whole in-universe theme of human/clone/cyborg/magic program/etc. treated equally gives the false impression she doesn't look Subaru and Ginga as her daughters). Maybe something like "I'm pregnant" or "I'm going to give birth".

Quote:
Well, here comes chapter 3 of Leave of Absence. It was rather difficult to write. I'm not sure if that's just a product of writing multi-chapter stories or not being sure if the reactions were... proper? for the situation.

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Spoiler for Leave of Absence: Chapter 3:
I'm such a sucker for those Hayate/Reinforce scenes.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 20:13   Link #34207
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Next Mini-Arc then.

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four Dwell Takamachi Scrya Fatherhood Harlaown Dreams Dance Healing

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Twins Start:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 21:15   Link #34208
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Next Mini-Arc then.

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

oh L-Sama... can you visit Cinque and give her some cryptic warnings about her sister, Quattro? XD

*Me, Val, Marie, Elane, Sarah and Amelia backing off from Reia as she brought with her a very familiar drink*

Reia: Anyone wants to try it out?

*Flees by jumping thru a window*
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 01:53   Link #34209
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Next Mini-Arc then.

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Cinque recovering her eye... curious by two reasons: first, I don't remember any fic before addressing this issue (was that because she considered a battle scar of sorts? I'm continuing this later)

The other is a somewhat long (by my current status: sleepy) reasoning that implies Cinque really wanted to recover her eye, as opposite of her canon counterpart. Then again, your version of Cinque may not consider a great battle (for her) so she may want to have her eye.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 02:54   Link #34210
vic-vic

Quote:
Next Mini-Arc then.

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Uh-huh, I don`t think that Cinque deepest wish to recover her eye, so Numbers should be wary - manifestation of Chaos energy is not a good sign.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 02:56   Link #34211
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Probably she will lost her eye again after a climatic battle against her Chaos Mode?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 07:44   Link #34212
Mr Coin
Heads or Tails?

Quote:
Next Mini-Arc then.

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

*Hides behind something that is nuclear proof*
Mr Coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 09:00   Link #34213
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coin View Post
*Hides behind something that is nuclear proof*
you can't hide from it by anything that is nuclear proof...

you need to RUN LIKE EVERY FREAKING DEMONS ARE AFTER YOU AND PRAY YOU"LL LIVE ANOTHER DAY ALIVE away from it....
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 13:50   Link #34214
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
I'd speculate on how Hayate might turn to Yuuno for information to help with her cases in her first job, but what sort of job does a "Special Investigator" DO, anyway? How is it different from the investigations conducted by the Enforcers?

Is "Special Investigations" the TSAB's version of "Internal Affairs?" That would fit Hayate's circumstances as much as the Enforcer career path fits Fate's.

That is, Fate goes out and deals with dangerous criminals like her mother, and Hayate makes sure that the TSAB isn't harboring any more Gil Grahams.
I picture Special Investigations as being a unit like Internal Affairs, but also one that deals with high profile or high security external investigations that may contain information that the higher ups don't want Enforcers without proper clearance to know about. Rather than shuffling through Enforcers who do have clearance or are permitted to be 'in the know', the TSAB just makes a unit dedicated to those types of investigations to try and cut down on the red tape.

If I understand Yuuno's position in the TSAB correctly, he's effectively the head of the Intelligence Division. Since that division would have their tendrils everywhere, then he's in a prime position to interact with any of the characters that have to get information for an investigation. Hayate and Fate especially.

Quote:
Chrono's another logical choice, but Yuuno's probably got more free time, a more flexible schedule, and... well, Chrono might have already have been sort-of-but-not-really dating Amy at that time, which would cut into his free hours.
Wasn't he already a full time Enforcer around that timeframe and working his way up to Admiral?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
From what I recall, the Hayate/Yuuno pairing became a really big hit because the two were always playing as the beta couple in his main epic NanoFate stories. So it's sort of an easy pairing to work with if you want to keep Yuuno away from Nanoha for the NanoFate to happen, but you don't want him to be completely alone.
I'd never really considered that reasoning before. Interesting. Also since he'd have more in common with Hayate than most of the other options available, it makes sense. Though now I'm tempted to see how well I could pair Yuuno up with some of the other ladies once I finish Leave of Absence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coin View Post
I can smell a Yuuno/Reinforce/Hayate threeway.

Oh, and when is Reinforce going to meet the Wolkens?
Oh, soon enough. Can't have a Yagami family reunion without the rest of them. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1987 View Post
you can't hide from it by anything that is nuclear proof...

you need to RUN LIKE EVERY FREAKING DEMONS ARE AFTER YOU AND PRAY YOU"LL LIVE ANOTHER DAY ALIVE away from it....
You cannot run. You will only die tired. You must make friends with the enemy! A befriending on such a scale that would make even the legions of Chaos exchange their bolters for bouquets!

Still, awesome development, Nanya.

Last edited by Old_Iron; 2011-09-11 at 14:13.
Old_Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 16:52   Link #34215
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
I picture Special Investigations as being a unit like Internal Affairs, but also one that deals with high profile or high security external investigations that may contain information that the higher ups don't want Enforcers without proper clearance to know about. Rather than shuffling through Enforcers who do have clearance or are permitted to be 'in the know', the TSAB just makes a unit dedicated to those types of investigations to try and cut down on the red tape.
Makes some sense.

Quote:
If I understand Yuuno's position in the TSAB correctly, he's effectively the head of the Intelligence Division. Since that division would have their tendrils everywhere, then he's in a prime position to interact with any of the characters that have to get information for an investigation. Hayate and Fate especially.
I would be surprised if Yuuno had any access to classified information that was less than 200 years old.

The Library is the archive of all information gathered from other worlds, not the vault where mission reports are sent. Yuuno's primary source of information on current events would be from his friends, family and colleagues.

Right now, the Library is such a vital intelligence asset because the biggest problems facing the TSAB come from the past, and the long, long interstellar wars have left all memories and records of the past full of holes or scattered and disorganized. Especially the ancient past that produced the Lost Logia.

That's also why archaeology, ruin-exploration and treasure-hunting are probably a booming field right now, since there's so much wreckage and so many dead worlds to search through.

If he recieves any recent classified information from the TSAB's brass, it's probably recent reports on ruins and Lost Logia along with requests to find any old or recently uncovered information about them.

In short, I don't think Yuuno is anyone's one-stop-shop for information, except as regards the past. In which area he should be the first stop, always, and never simply ignored.

And like I said: ALL of the Bureau's biggest disasters seem to have something to do with the past. Even this Bible of the Silver Cross.

Quote:
Wasn't he already a full time Enforcer around that timeframe and working his way up to Admiral?
Sounds right, which reinforces the idea that Yuuno probably had more free time.

Quote:
Also since he'd have more in common with Hayate than most of the other options available, it makes sense.
Probably more so even than his counterpart, Shamal. They're both support, but Shamal's a dedicated physician and Yuuno's primarily a scholar.

There's also the age difference, in appearance and in truth. And the possibility that none of the female Wolkenritter want anything to do with male attention.

(Though to my knowledge, all of their known masters have been female. Coincidence, or trend?)

Quote:
Though now I'm tempted to see how well I could pair Yuuno up with some of the other ladies once I finish Leave of Absence.
If you exclude the three Aces, and Ami because she and Chrono are canon, and Lindy, because going out with Chrono and Fate's mom would be awkward no matter how impossibly young she manages to look...

Arf, Signum, Shamal, Vita, Admiral Leti, Megane Alpine, Mariel Atenza, Shari, Charim Gracia, Shache Noueva, Ginga Nakajima, Cinque...

I'm automatically excluding anyone chronologically younger than Cinque.

There's Uno, but she's in prison.

Out of all of them, Megane Alpine would seem most suitable. At least if an interest in history is something she shares with her daughter.

There are already two fics pairing Yuuno with all three of the Dark Materials.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 21:38   Link #34216
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Twins Start

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Twins Part 2:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 21:40   Link #34217
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

The wait for more Material Days is killing me, where is yasanagi? (coughs blood)...

We need to know if Erio is befriended with hellfire still alive.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 21:42   Link #34218
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Sorry for lack of updates. Accounting studies and work are seriously eating up my time.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 21:49   Link #34219
NTFTH

Quote:
Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Twins Start

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Twins Part 2:
Jail just keeps getting weirder.
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 22:13   Link #34220
Kuze

So uh, I got bored and decided to give Toredia Graze his first fic in as far as I know the history of evar, first person.

Originally I really wanted to write him as some dumb ass cliche of all of the government/establishment haters or anarchists that ever were, like a extra deranged turbo charged stupid Liquid Snake. I decided after rereading all of Sound Stage X that there were much better ways to deal with him, while keeping him completely unsympathetic. Or maybe I’m just going crazy, orz. Yes, no, you decide.

Inspired by Aerika S, AtheneMiranda, and Firefly99 on ff.net

Behold!

Spoiler for Fueled by too much IRL raeg:

….and no, I’ve never seen Toredia as sympathetic, and this is certainly not meant to be either. Thoughts, opinions, expressions?

Great thanks for Graze not Gaze. >_<
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha