View Single Post
Old 2013-08-08, 12:02   Link #18
Siegel Clyne

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Anime and Earlier Drama CDs

You can still watch the anime promotional video at Nico Nico Douga:

世界でいちばん強くなりたい!PV 代用品
(Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! PV Daiyouhin)

Spoiler for NSFW:

Here is what I posted at the Anime News Network Talkback Forum, before the anime promotional video was removed from YouTube:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne
Going by the anime promo...

The anime version is quite tame in comparison to the eariler drama CD version, which featured a totally different cast.

This what I posted about the drama CD version nearly two years ago on this forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne
On one of my channels at YouTube I uploaded a video from Nico Nico Douga posted by a "Drederick Tatum" (ドレドリック・テイタム さん; undoubtedly a Simpsons reference) which skillfully blends scenes from the Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (I Want to be the Strongest in the World!) manga with dialogue from a Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! voice drama CD released earlier this year with the June 2011 issue of the Monthly Comic Earth Star manga magazine, featuring Aki Toyosaki as Sakura Hagiwara, Youko Hikasa as Erena Miyazawa, Rie Tanaka as Rio Kazama, and Japanese professional wrestling commentator Yoshinari Tsuji as the announcer.

Usually I make my own videos I upload on my YouTube channels, but this is one of the rare exceptions.

It remains the only video I have uploaded which has been taken off YouTube:

"This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy on nudity or sexual content. Sorry about that."

There is no nudity in the video.

Kazama (Rie Tanaka) delighting in inflicting pain and suffering to Sakura (Aki Toyosaki) screaming in agony - and exposing her in the most humilating and degrading positions - in a pro wrestling match while an excited announcer (Yoshinari Tsuji), a cheering audience, and a worried Erena (Youko Hikasa) look on proved to be too much for YouTube, I guess.
Shizuka Itou and Hitomi Nabatame, if I remember correctly, were also members of the drama CD cast, though I don't recall who they played.
You can watch the earlier drama CD version covering the same scene as the anime PV at Nico Nico Douga here:

豊崎愛生 ★ やられボイス
(Toyosaki Aki ★ Yarare Voice)

Spoiler for NSFW:

A Japanese viewer at Nico Nico Douga commented on her voice acting of antagonist Kazama Rio in the earlier drama CD version of Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!, "Tanaka Rie sugoi naa, sasuga" (「田中理恵すごいなあ、流石」; "Tanaka Rie is truly great, wow!").

I mentioned Tanaka Rie's skills at portraying antagonists, evil characters, villains, and bosses in this post in the General Anime Forum, Tanaka Rie's Knack for Playing Baddies, including several YouTube video examples of her game boss voice work.

From what little of what I know and recall from the manga, Kazama Rio is
Spoiler:

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-08-08 at 12:52.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote