Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-07-30, 16:19   Link #921
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Way to pwn yourself. Michiru Oshima is a woman. There's even a picture of her on the link you posted. Self-pwnage at its finest. Lindsay Lohan would be proud.
it was just a typo, man! of course I meant SHE sucks
Old 2007-07-30, 18:00   Link #922
brightman
Ancient Member

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...list=8190-2669
The only three major active staff members that are common to 00 and GSD are two producers and Kunio... They really ARE serious about making 00 different...

On the other hand:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...list=8190-4176
There's lot more staff in common with the FMA movie, visually and audio-wise, which is a GOOD thing.

Not sure about Kenji Kawai though... Have seen some of his shows, but NONE of his music really left an impression on me.
Old 2007-07-30, 18:38   Link #923
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
it was just a typo, man! of course I meant SHE sucks
I guess I can let you have one "get out of jail free" card.
Old 2007-07-30, 18:43   Link #924
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
actually I think SHE sucks..like most of the anime composers..
This may not be the right topic, though i'd love to hear your reasons for thinking this --- 'cause i seriously can't think of any.
Old 2007-07-30, 19:20   Link #925
Teletha

I juuust watched Le Chevalier D'Eon (Michiru Oshima) last week and I can't recall the music at all. I don't know if that is a good thing. Kenji Kawai is doing music for Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai which imo is kinda crappy. Though I'm sure the music will be fine. I couldn't stand the FMA movie, but mostly for the story not how it looked or the music.
Teletha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 19:53   Link #926
Westlo
Lets be reality

I was hoping for Taku Iwasaki but Kenji Kawai is definitely a great composer to craft the score for Gundam 00. I've really enjoyed his work on Seirei No Moribito as well as some past works (GITS) so I'm looking forward too see what he can cook up.

If you don't think Kenji will do a good job please watch ep 3 of Seirei No Moribito, the music played during some of the best fight scenes this year/decade was epic. I just remembered L'Arc-en-Ciel did the opening for Seirei no Moribito as well.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 21:32   Link #927
Teletha

The guy obviously has to be good considering his career. I didn't even notice he does Seirei No Moribito, which has great music.
Teletha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 00:25   Link #928
Siegel Clyne

Tanaka Rie Has a Knack for Playing Really Popular Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Yes it has... Twice actually.

Anyway, Romi Paku is no stranger to Gundam, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her here.

As for Souichirou Hoshi and Rie Tanaka... They've been a bit quieter than usual lately... Seems like their popularity has waned a bit?

Tanaka Rie will have regular roles in at least four anime series beginning this Fall 2007 - three continuing (Maria in Hayate no Gotoku! [Hayate the Combat Butler], Bianchi in Katekyo Hitman REBORN!, Ikeuchi Riyoko in MOONLIGHT MILE); and one new (Futami Eriko "Eririn" in KimiKiss pure rouge) - plus anything else yet to be announced.

She did the main guest role, Shino, in the first two episodes of Noitamina's Mononoke earlier this month.

According to Tanaka Rie herself, she is playing more and more characters with low voices - unlike her characters with high voices, such as Chii in Chobits, Lacus Clyne and Meer Campbell in Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED DESTINY, Kingyo Ran in Otogi Story Tenshi no Shippo (Angel Tales). Simca in AIR GEAR, and Kujou Hikari / Shiny Luminous in Futari wa Pretty Cure MAx Heart.

Most of Tanaka Rie's characters in anime, games, drama CDs, etc., the past year or so have low, deep, mature, womanly voices: Maria, Bianchi, Ikeuchi Riyoko, Shino, Matsukata Hiroko "Hiro" in Hataraki-Man, Lula in RED GARDEN, Fila Marik in The Third ~Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo~ (The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye), Suigintou in Rozen Maiden, Tomoe Marguerite and Fiar Grosse in My-Otome, Leandra Cheviat / Sister Lain in Nishi no Yoki Majo -Astraea Testament- (The Good Witch of the West), and so on.

Of all the Tanaka Rie characters in anime I have heard so far, I would say that, though they still may only be teenage girls, Leandra Cheviat and Bianchi have the deepest voices - yes, even deeper than that of Lula and Fila, who are adult women.

Tanaka Rie has a knack for playing really popular characters, perhaps making them more popular than they have a right to be: Lacus Clyne, Chii, Suigintou, Kujou Hikari (Shiny Luminous), Matsukata Hiroko, Futami Eriko, and Kirijou (Kirijo) Mitsuru in Persona 3 (game).

Tanaka Rie's Lacus Clyne has dominated annual character popularity poll rankings of Newtype, Animage, and Animedia magazines in Japan like no other female character has done in history.

Given that these days she plays mostly mature woman roles with voices that match who are not really moe material - e.g., Lula in RED GARDEN has to be one of the most anti-moe characters ever - it is amazing that Tanaka Rie characters rank No. 3 overall in total votes cast for in the first preliminaries of the Anime Saimoe Tournament 2007.

The popular love simulation game KimiKiss features top seiyuu (voice actors): Koshimizu Ami, Ikezawa Haruna, Mizuhashi Kaori, Hirohashi Ryou, Noto Mamiko, Nogawa Sakura, Kawasumi Ayako, Nakahara Mai, Fukuyama Jun ... and Tanaka Rie.

Guess which seiyuu voices the No. 1 most popular character by far in KimiKiss game character popularity polls across the board last year - whether it be the 2ch poll, the KimiKiss Fan Page poll, the TECH GIAN poll, or the official website poll.

Before the release of the KimiKiss game, many had anticipated that Mizusawa Mao aka Mao-nee, voiced by Ikezawa Haruna, would be voted the most popular. (Mao finished No. 2 in the polls, except in the 2ch poll, finishing No. 4 in that one.)

Vocal Noto Mamiko supporters believed that her Shijou Mitsuki would be voted the most popular. (Mitsuki finished No. 4 or No. 5, depending on the poll.)

Tanaka Rie's Futami Eriko was a dark horse.

Drama CD (Rie Tanaka, et al.) / Drama CD Kimi Kiss Vol.3 Eriko Futami

Quote:
Description
Third drama CD release from the hit love-sim game series "Kimi Kiss" about kissing! This time around features the fan selected favorite character Eriko Futami in a brand new story. Includes episodes 1 through 5.

After its release in Japan on May 25, 2006, however, Futami Eriko's popularity skyrocketed, winning KimiKiss fan poll after KimiKiss fan poll. Japanese fans credit Tanaka Rie's voice and voice acting for making Futami Eriko so incredibly popular and the runaway No. 1 favorite character.

KimiKiss is being made into an anime series called KimiKiss pure rouge, which debuts on television in Japan this fall (October 2007). So far, Tanaka, Koshimizu, Ikezawa, Mizuhashi, Hirohashi, Noto, Nogawa, and Nakahara have been confirmed as reprising their game roles in the anime.

Search my posts on AnimeSuki for more information, facts and figures, documentation, and links.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-09-11 at 02:20. Reason: Added Mitsuru Kirijo (Kirijou) from Persona 3 - and a link which documents Mitsuru's popularity - as another character who Rie Tanaka helped make really popular.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 03:27   Link #929
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
I guess I can let you have one "get out of jail free" card.
Thank you sir
But still...I accept my self pwnage auwch!

Quote:
This may not be the right topic, though i'd love to hear your reasons for thinking this --- 'cause i seriously can't think of any.
Well I think she sucks from what I heard. (most of her stuff isn't even rememberable..) Of course I haven't listened to all of her works, but I am familiar with her latest stuff And I think she did a bad job at most of those anime....Ok, FMA and Arc the lad were ok I guess

@ mods: sorry for going off topic...yes, I will shut up now.
Old 2007-07-31, 08:50   Link #930
Same_Shark

Rie Tanaka is kinda boring now since a lot of her characters are starting to sound the same, but I guess it's okay. The way she voiced Tomoe was great! I'd never expect her to voice a psycho lesbian teen.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 08:58   Link #931
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Rie Tanaka is kinda boring now since a lot of her characters are starting to sound the same, but I guess it's okay. The way she voiced Tomoe was great! I'd never expect her to voice a psycho lesbian teen.
tomoe? wich serie? that psycho lesbian teen reference just picked my curiosity.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 09:37   Link #932
Westlo
Lets be reality

Mai-Otome is the series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 09:42   Link #933
Same_Shark

She'd be all proper in speach and then SHE'D SCREAM AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS IN RAGE!
Old 2007-07-31, 19:51   Link #934
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
She'd be all proper in speach and then SHE'D SCREAM AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS IN RAGE!
I think this statement right here (no offense to Same_Shark) basically personifies exactly what I hate about anime.

Well that an the whole, moe/loli spinoff culture.
Old 2007-08-01, 04:49   Link #935
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
A great role.

Japanese fans at 2ch, notorious for their negativism, including bashing any voice actor you can name, have overwhelmingly praised Tanaka Rie's voice acting as Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome (Mai-Otome).

Not only that, something which rarely happens, director Obara Masakazu and head writer Yoshino Hiroyuki single out Tanaka Rie for her "extraordinary acting performance" as Tomoe in the My-Otome Anime Perfect Guide.

Going by what Obara, Yoshino and Rozen Maiden director Matsuo Kou have said, they tailor made the anime versions of Tomoe Marguerite and Suigintou in Rozen Maiden, respectively, to suit Tanaka Rie's immense talents.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-08-01 at 05:01.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 13:15   Link #936
Same_Shark

Tomoe was one of the few anime characters that scared the crap out of me, so I guess that means she did a good job.
Old 2007-08-03, 23:39   Link #937
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Gundam 00 at Chara Hobby 2007

Chara Hobby 2007's stage page lists the screening of the Gundam 00 "Mission-1" promo video, in which the cast will be revealed, on the 19th.

Frm Gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 04:43   Link #938
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

From Gunota:

New Gundam 00 characters
Info from Newtype via 2ch:

Celestial Being
Sumeragi Sumomo (Ri? wacky kanji middle name) Noriega - Tactical forecaster of the Celestial Being mothership Ptolemaeus. Not a captain but essentially the top ranking officer on the ship so she takes command. She basically plans all the tactics the Gundam Meisters take part in. 26-years-old. Long, black hair.

Christina Sierra - Ptolemaeus' tactical operator. Highly-skilled as a programmer so she has a career from being discovered by Celestial Being. Has a good-natured personality and has the deep trust of her comrades. 22-years-old. Brown-haired.

Felt Grace - 14-year-old tactical operator, same as Christina. For some reason or another, she seems to not be good at communicating with others. Has a wealth of mechanic-related knowledge and so joined Celestial Being anticipating that. Pink-haired.

Lichtendahl Caeli - 21-year-old with a cheerful personality and Ptolemaeus helmsman. Including him, the mothership's leadership is made up of no more than 5 people.

Lasse Aion - Ptolemaeus' gunner. The mothership's combat ability can be said to be governed by him. A 25-year-old who often acts cynically.

Agent
Wang Liu Mi - A beautiful 17-year-old celebrity. Today, the Carribean Sea, tomorrow, Japan...she works hard at her social life in financial circles traveling around the world. In reality, she's a secret agent who supports the Gundam Meisters from the shadows. Pig-tailed girl in the trailer.

Hong Rong - Wang Liu Mi's butler. Accompanies her faithfully and refers to her as "ojousama". He is also an Agent.

Union
Graham Acre - A pilot belonging to the MS team. 27-years-old but is ace level and flies a Flag. He's fixated with the Gundam Excia. The blonde guy in the trailer.

Saji Crossroad - 17. A resident of Japan's special economic zone and a senior high school student studying space engineering. A gentle person who often shows off Louise.

Louise Halevy - 17-year-old student overseas. Studies space engineering like Saji. Is his girlfriend. Her personality is very selfish.

Kinue Crossroad - Saji's older sister. Pursues Celestial Being during the course of working in the media. 22-years-old.

Human Progressive League
Sergei Smirnov - MS team commander. 43-years-old. Uniformed man with the parted-hair in the trailer.

A certain Middle Eastern country
Marina Ismail - Azadistan's first princess. Flies to other nations seeking aid to support her country's economy. 24. Black haired woman in the trailer.

AEU
Patrick Corlasawar - AEU forces ace pilot. A hot-blooded guy.

Rumored info posted days earlier but with names and descriptions matching the Newtype info so on the face of things, these seem reliable:

Felt Grace - In addition to the above info, female Gundam development genius.

Haro - Lockon's partner. Orange.
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 05:12   Link #939
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Agent
Wang Liu Mi - A beautiful 17-year-old celebrity. Today, the Carribean Sea, tomorrow, Japan...she works hard at her social life in financial circles traveling around the world. In reality, she's a secret agent who supports the Gundam Meisters from the shadows. Pig-tailed girl in the trailer.

Hong Rong - Wang Liu Mi's butler. Accompanies her faithfully and refers to her as "ojousama". He is also an Agent.
Kira & Lacus!!!

Seems like there's one ace pilot for each enemy fraction, and a whole lotta supporting characters... We'll see where this is headed...

EDIT:
Newtype "scans" courtesy 2ch of the new characters:
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2842/up12900xw5.jpg
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/496/up12899px6.jpg
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9953/up12901hg7.jpg

Last edited by brightman; 2007-08-07 at 05:45.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 07:14   Link #940
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Thank you both for the scans and the info.
OMG! More people who are older than 17 years old! And women older than 20 years old!
It's already a good point for Gundam 00 imo.

And those who were afraid there wouldn't be some fanservice (for males) can rest assured now

Quote:
Haro - Lockon's partner. Orange.
Huh?

Tags
spoilers