AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2008-01-30, 17:27   Link #1741
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebahpla View Post
i want to read about this topic, can you lead me to a specific thread or page for this please, i just got into this anime recently so I've no clue where to start. also what chapter is this from in the manga? thanks
Very late, around volume 11. You're not going to find many people talking about early episodes, so it's best to go through this forum's history and find topics about the episodes.
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 21:26   Link #1742
ellifeedn
Thinker

When did volume 11 come out in Japan?

Also, does anyone think that this anime will get licensed? It already happened with the manga.

Last edited by ellifeedn; 2008-01-30 at 21:53. Reason: correction
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 21:47   Link #1743
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
When did volume 11 come out?

Also, does anyone think that this anime will get licensed? It already happened with the manga.
It's not in America yet, but in came in America a couple of years back. This show will probably get licensed, it has enough fans to warrent its own subforum here!
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 22:34   Link #1744
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
When did volume 11 come out in Japan?

At the current rate of publication (3 months per tankoubon), it will be out in a year. It might be faster to just learn enough Japanese to read Hayate raw, not all that hard, it has furigana. Realistically speaking, the scanlation effort has just finished the first chapter of the 8th Volume.

However, I'm actually fairly certain that it was the 9th Volume. Don't quote me on this, but IIRC, her first mention is in late Vol 9. I only got to around to Vol 10 so far because Japanese is painfully slow to read for me, but I remember that little page about Hayate's old girlfriend. I'm not sure that's her only mention though, just her first.
Old 2008-01-31, 21:23   Link #1745
zst

confirmed... hayate's ex-girlfriend is from volume 9

reformat the previous spoiler post a bit to include a couple of pictures of her.

Spoiler for volume 9: hayate's ex-girlfriend suspects:
zst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 19:55   Link #1746
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Soooooo, let's make a wild ass guess. When will the first Neena Trinity parodies start to appear in Hayate?
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 22:02   Link #1747
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zst View Post
confirmed... hayate's ex-girlfriend is from volume 9

reformat the previous spoiler post a bit to include a couple of pictures of her.

If you think something's impossible, just remember what series this is (also remember the omake at the end of vol 4).
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 21:38   Link #1748
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zst View Post
Thanks for confirming, wasn't sure since it was a while ago and my Japanese is terrible

I'm going to rule out Yukiji, just because she is significantly older than Hayate and would not be in the same kindergarten class.

Hina is unlikely given the hair and dress compared to the portrayals of her childhood. Age does match though.

Maria does seem to be the most likely out of all the possibilities, but why would she be in some random public kindergarten given her background?
Old 2008-02-05, 13:31   Link #1749
tebahpla
Not B&

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Thanks for confirming, wasn't sure since it was a while ago and my Japanese is terrible

I'm going to rule out Yukiji, just because she is significantly older than Hayate and would not be in the same kindergarten class.

Hina is unlikely given the hair and dress compared to the portrayals of her childhood. Age does match though.

Maria does seem to be the most likely out of all the possibilities, but why would she be in some random public kindergarten given her background?
Spoiler for mybad:

please can any one confirm this?

edit:

Fix'd my bad.

Last edited by tebahpla; 2008-02-06 at 07:40.
tebahpla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 02:59   Link #1750
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Woah there, you might want to spoiler tag that first line. This might fit better with the manga discussion thread, since the people there will be better able to answer your questions.
Old 2008-02-16, 00:29   Link #1751
KatsuKy
Trolls hater

Send a message via Yahoo to KatsuKy
anyone knows what's going on with the english subbers for the anime?
KatsuKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 01:22   Link #1752
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatsuKy View Post
anyone knows what's going on with the english subbers for the anime?
I think they've more or less said that while they haven't dropped the show, it's a lower priority for them than their other ones, so the subs will come out as they are finished.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 14:55   Link #1753
Mentar
Banned

We recently enlisted the help of an additional typesetter. With her help, we should be able to catch up again

As a kickstart, 42 and 43 were just released.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 02:20   Link #1754
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
We recently enlisted the help of an additional typesetter. With her help, we should be able to catch up again

As a kickstart, 42 and 43 were just released.
Just watched them, arigatou as always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post

The next issue (Vol. 9) of Comp H's (Comp Heroines) magazine features new anime series debuting in Spring 2008 and anime series ending in Spring 2008. New anime series debuting in Spring 2008 named on the front cover are To LOVE Ru, Kanokon, and Wagaya no Oinarisama. Anime series ending in Spring 2008 named on the front cover are CLANNAD, Shakugan no Shana II, Hayate no Gotoku! [Hayate the Combat Butler], Bamboo Blade, etc.
Noooooooooooooooooo! Ah well, all good things come to an end...but I'm surprised it's not getting a 5th season given how they seem to be going with filler lately...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 12:30   Link #1755
Eviltape

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebahpla View Post
Spoiler for mybad:

please can any one confirm this?
She went to Hakuou, iirc. It all depends on if Hakuou had a Kindergarten grade level, until Kenjiro gives us more.
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 07:35   Link #1756
Siegel Clyne

Too Little, Too Late? Hayate Has Lately Been Drawing Its Best TV Ratings in Kantou

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
Noooooooooooooooooo! Ah well, all good things come to an end...but I'm surprised it's not getting a 5th season given how they seem to be going with filler lately...

Ironically, Hayate the Combat Butler has lately been drawing its best television household audience ratings during its one year run in the Kantou region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.), averaging 4.0% or more with the most recent episodes.

Before its recent string of 4.0+% ratings, Hayate managed to reach 4.0% only once before, with the original, much maligned episode 10.

More importantly, perhaps, Hayate has recently been drawing significantly higher TV ratings than the anime show which leads in to it on TV Tokyo, Anime Robby.

Going up against the Tokyo Marathon this past Sunday, which scored a rating of 20.6%, Hayate still managed to draw a respectable rating of 3.9%.

Maybe, just maybe...
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 20:09   Link #1757
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Spoiler:

got this from 2chan -
speculated episode titles for the final four episodes of Hayate. If those titles were true, I have an idea on how they are going to end it.
HINT:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-23, 23:51   Link #1758
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
May I know where could I see the anime. I've searched the whole YouTube and I've seen no sign or thread of Hayate's anime? Can anyone tell me where I could watch or even download the anime series? A thousand thanks
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 00:32   Link #1759
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
May I know where could I see the anime. I've searched the whole YouTube and I've seen no sign or thread of Hayate's anime? Can anyone tell me where I could watch or even download the anime series? A thousand thanks
Well, I suppose the most natural answer would be: Right here on AnimeSuki.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 06:13   Link #1760
Siegel Clyne

More Anime Planned for Hayate the Combat Butler?

In Vol. 173, March 5, 2008 of WEB Sunday's BACKSTAGE with Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler) mangaka Hata Kenjirou, Hata reveals that something new is in the works for Hayate no Gotoku!

Use this link to see Vol. 173 of Backstage with Hayate the Combat Butler comic artist Kenjiro Hata after Vol. 174 comes out next week.

The current Hayate no Gotoku! television anime series - the 52nd and final episode airs on TV Tokyo Sunday, March 30, 2008 - was scheduled from the start to run for only a year.

Speculations by Japanese fans on the something new being planned for Hayate no Gotoku! include 1) a second television anime series; 2) OVAs (a la Ranma 1/2 and Tennis no Oujisama {Prince of Tennis}); 3) an animated film; 4) a live action television series (a la Negima); and 5) a live action movie (a la Higurashi).

Someone even suggested a musical a la Sakura Taisen (Sakura Wars).

Sakura Taisen used the same seiyuu from the games, the OVAs, and the television anime series in the musicals. However unlikely the event, a Hayate no Gotoku! musical probably would go the Sailormoon and Tennis no Oujisama route, employing stage actors instead of the seiyuu from the anime.

In addition, a lot of the Hayate no Gotoku! seiyuu are comparatively younger than the Sakura Taisen veteran seiyuu who performed in the Sakura Taisen musicals, and, anyway, are just too busy doing low paying voice work in anime (including the many late night, UHF, and CS/BS broadcasted anime series which have sprung up after the 1990s) to perform in musicals.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-03-05 at 07:39.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp