AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-10, 09:37   Link #21
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, I really don't know how to view this piece of news right now. I mean, I did hear something about it being adapted into an anime, but after Tsuyokiss this whole thing is still one big question mark for me.

Actually, I'd find it funny if this turns out better than Tsuyokiss. The irony of it all, considering Tsuyokiss is usually considered as the better game. Still, I also agree with Mentar. Finally, a true ojousama at the center of it all. In fact, the game was worth it only because of Shinra. Man, it better be about her (or at least Ren's quirky sister) and not some new character meant for the PS2 version or something...

The show already has all the necessary (typical) otaku ingredients:

Spoiler for themes:

Damn, I wish the Tsuyokiss adaptation had this kind of treatment.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 15:41   Link #22
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
those are the magics word which will make me watch this series for sure

please tell me she is voicing the girl with the black hair at the top
Nope ... Tanaka Rie is going to voice THIS character:

Ageha-sama *lol*

The girl with the black hair at the top is Shinra, the female lead. She's gonna be voiced by noone else but Itou Shizuka herself (the original game voice, or also Hinagiku from Hayate no Gotoku).

Shinra was probably one of her best works ever, and she spans a very wide range of emotions. It was particularly enjoyable to hear her play out her teasing-seductress side, something she usually isn't at the liberty to perform much in animes

Anyway, the VA cast is absolutely top-notch. If only they had put the same effort into Tsuyokisu...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 16:19   Link #23
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

Ageha-sama *lol*

The girl with the black hair at the top is Shinra, the female lead. She's gonna be voiced by noone else but Itou Shizuka herself (the original game voice, or also Hinagiku from Hayate no Gotoku).

Shinra was probably one of her best works ever, and she spans a very wide range of emotions. It was particularly enjoyable to hear her play out her teasing-seductress side, something she usually isn't at the liberty to perform much in animes

Anyway, the VA cast is absolutely top-notch. If only they had put the same effort into Tsuyokisu...
Rie Tanaka voicing a bad ass girl, or at least it looks like Ageha is bad ass, thats something new for me. Rie tanaka was always a goody goody girl to me, it makes me wanna watch this series even more now
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 16:28   Link #24
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Rie Tanaka voicing a bad ass girl, or at least it looks like Ageha is bad ass, thats something new for me. Rie tanaka was always a goody goody girl to me, it makes me wanna watch this series even more now
Hmm? Oi oi, Tanaka Rie has voiced ALOT of psycho-badass characters, for example Tomoe Maguerite from Mai Otome.

And without wanting to spoil too much - yes, Ageha is a badass character. VERY badass in fact. Scarily so ^_^;
Old 2007-11-10, 17:11   Link #25
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Itou Shizuka. Also known as the awesome Tama-nee of ToHeart2 fame and Akiha of Tsukihime.

You definitely can't go wrong with a portfolio such as that.
Old 2007-11-11, 11:47   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

Ageha-sama *lol*
X marks the spot?? :P *scratches head!*
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 22:22   Link #27
Avisch
Reality Blender

I had been interested in this game since I first saw a preview of it. and I got really interested when I found out it was already going to be made into a anime.

Main girl (Shinra) gives me vibes of Hime from Kaibutsu Oujo (actually I think I mentioned this in the Kaibutsu Oujo thread)...guess thas why I like her . Shizuka Itou is a great voice for characters like her (aswell as Ayako Kawasumi)
I love the seiyu that have been cast. Definitely looking forward to this.

For some reason I can only imagine it as a 12-13 episode series (most eroge-game adaptions are, thought exceptions include Utawarerumono and Da Capo). But I hope that's wrong.

From the looks of anime's character designs. it looks like they're trying to preserve the original game's designs (you can definitely see this around the eyes)

Though you can notice the anime's designs are notably less "sharper" which is small downside (it makes Shinra look a bit younger)

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6...aru3zr5.th.jpg
Ren is wayyyyyy to lucky.

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?i...enisus1oa1.jpg
Also looking forward to her ~ tsun tsun tsun

And yeah I also love Tanaka Rie's voices

One crazy B****

Last edited by Avisch; 2007-11-11 at 22:38. Reason: additions
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 04:59   Link #28
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?i...enisus1oa1.jpg
Also looking forward to her ~ tsun tsun tsun
That girl looks a bit like Signum.

Also, that girl with the scar makes Tokiko from Busou Renkin jealous.
Old 2007-11-17, 21:34   Link #29
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

The girl with the black hair looks like Hime (Kaibutsu Oujo) so I'm in on this series.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 03:55   Link #30
Siegel Clyne

What do badass schoolgirl Kuki Ageha & evil scientist Yamanobe Sayara have in common?

Kuki Ageha has been promoted as a heroine in the PS2 ADV non-eroge from Minato Station, Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji -Otsukae Nikki-, slated to go on sale March 27, 2008 in Japan. The non-erotic game cast is the same as the anime cast.

Ageha may still be a badass in the non-ero game. A badass heroine.

On the other hand, a Tanaka Rie character in another upcoming anime has the trappings of a sinister villain.

In the sexy, hardboiled science fiction action anime, Mnemosyne -Mynemosyne no Musume-tachi-, Tanaka Rie voices Yamanobe Sayara, head of Aoyama Pharmaceutical Company's Sayama Laboratory. The haughty, quite sadistic Sayara conducts illegal experiments at the laboratory.

Tanaka Rie is very happy to play Sayara, who she describes as a considerably sadistic character and a "kowai [scary] oneesan."

Yamanobe Sayara appears to be another one in Tanaka Rie's evergrowing line of antagonistic, evil, and villainous roles: Morganna Mode Gone in .hack//SIGN, Suigintou in Rozen Maiden, Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome, Nomura/Takagi in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, etc.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-11-22 at 23:29. Reason: Fixed silly error in a title.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 12:36   Link #31
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

X marks the spot?? :P *scratches head!*

No! She is the great-great-granddaughter of Kenshin Himura / Hitokiri Battousai!!!
Just look how much they look alike.

Anyway, this anime show looks good. I still need to play the original game, thought. But considerating how much i liked the first Hgame of that artist - NEE, CHANTO SHIYO YO! - i probably will like this one.

Dunno about TSUYOKISS, because i never saw the game or the anime (just a couple of episodes). But many people said me how much the game rocks and the anime sucks... and i believe that.

I really hope this time the director will not try to destroy the show right on the beggining, like in TSUYOKISS.

Greatly looking forward this one.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 13:39   Link #32
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
I really hope this time the director will not try to destroy the show right on the beggining, like in TSUYOKISS.
This time, the game inventor is the director himself, as far as I've heard. To avoid another disaster.
Old 2007-11-29, 14:16   Link #33
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Yeah. What if they pick another director who hate ojousamas?
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 14:19   Link #34
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
This time, the game inventor is the director himself, as far as I've heard. To avoid another disaster.
So far, I'm actually impressed (and oddly enough, relieved) at the efforts being made to keep this adaptation faithful. The character designs in particular look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
Yeah. What if they pick another director who hate ojousamas?
Actually from what I heard, the director of Tsuyokiss isn't to tsundere characters in the first place. Man, if that's true... no wonder.
Old 2007-11-29, 20:05   Link #35
rg4619

Quote:
The game creator is handling series composition (and the screenplay, along with someone else).

If nothing else, the story should at least be faithful the original, although a faithful product doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a winner. I'm a bit wary when original authors try their hand at anime (Da Capo II, Polyphonica). On the plus side, it's good that they're taking more interest in adaptations of their work. However, these people lack experience with anime, which certainly shows.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 11:18   Link #36
Honey_and_Cleaver

Seki Tomokazu! Yess! Tanaka Rie! Yess! Im really on to this anime!
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 06:13   Link #37
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:

Ageha-sama *lol*

kinda disappointed about that

im sure Tanaka rei fits the visual image of shinra more but itou isnt a bad choice from what ive seen. (just a bit saddened being the fanboy that i am )

but ageha looks totally badass! that scar isnt there without reason - so i hope we get to see her kick ass (and for tanaka to add in some mockery )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 02:05   Link #38
Siegel Clyne

Upcoming Tanaka Rie Roles: From Sexy, Sadistic Scientist to Cute, Cheerful Mascot

Quote:

im sure Tanaka rei fits the visual image of shinra more but itou isnt a bad choice from what ive seen. (just a bit saddened being the fanboy that i am )

but ageha looks totally badass! that scar isnt there without reason - so i hope we get to see her kick ass (and for tanaka to add in some mockery )

Other upcoming Tanaka Rie roles include...

Sexy, sadistic scientist Yamanobe Sayara in Mnemosyne -Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi- (Anime)

Proud, powerful warrior Octavia in Tears to Tiara -Kakan no Daichi- (Sony PlayStation 3 Strategy RPG) and, presumably, Tears to Tiara (Anime)

Queen Sophia (Sofia Joou) in Luminous Arc 2 Will (Nintendo DS Tactical RPG)

Cute, cheerful mascot on-chan in Yumemiru, Anime "on-chan" (Anime)

(FYI, on-chan is a boy. His girlfriend is ok-chan. His rival is no-chan.)

Terrorist Villain Helga Neumann in Phantasy Star Portable (PSP Multiplayer RPG)

More to be announced later.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-12-10 at 01:23. Reason: Added Tanaka Rie's role as villain terrorist Helga Neumann in Phantasy Star Portable RPG for PSP.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 13:36   Link #39
Mentar
Banned

Quote:

A _voice actor_ is fitting a visual image?

Sorry, the whole character type of Shinra is _made_ for Itou Shizuka. Tanaka Rie's forte is a slightly different ojousama prototype, a bit more distant and aloof compared to her - however, Shinra is more "accessible" and shows her mood swings more openly. Imagine a Hinagiku in full teasing mode, just very much aware of her "master" role and in a bossy mood, but overall still kind-hearted to the people around her. You should play the game, and you'll see.

Quote:
Er... yes, you will ^_^;
Old 2007-12-03, 18:43   Link #40
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The main cast looks wonderful. But the story seems a bit stale. It all depends on how it plays out. The lead writer is listed on the official site as Takahiro, the game creator, so it should stick pretty close to the game. And the director? Actually, Kudou Susumu did Koi Suru Tenshi Angelique, which was okay for its genre (shoujo magical adventure with reverse harem). I'll be there for ep1, in any case.

By the way, harking back to a subject mentioned in this thread a few months ago: my preference is "ero-game." I think that can be understood even by people who know nothing about them. Whereas "H" is a word known only by real fans of "modern visual culture." And "ero-game" has the advantage of being the word now normally used in Japanese ("eroge").
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-12-03 at 18:58.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, seinen