AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-02-01, 15:43   Link #21
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Well lot of Gundam is multiracial especially G, 00, and Turn A. Also I got to ask something, is there anime where Korean appears beside Hikaru no Go? For some reason it's freaking rare for Korean to appear.
Old 2008-02-04, 04:29   Link #22
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Well lot of Gundam is multiracial especially G, 00, and Turn A. Also I got to ask something, is there anime where Korean appears beside Hikaru no Go? For some reason it's freaking rare for Korean to appear.
How about Kim Kyung Wha (CV: Mitsuishi Kotono) in Musekinin Kanchou Tylor (Irresponsible Captain Tylor)?

Judging by her family name, Kim Hotaru (CV: Orikasa Fumiko) in Raxhephon is of Korean heritage.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 13:59   Link #23
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
What? No Darker than Black?

We have a protagonist that's supposedly Chinese, a few Americans, Germans, British, other Europeans, Jamancan, Africans, and so forth. Heck, the only characters that I can think of that are Japanese is the police person.
Yes, I am sorry for not mentioning it. There are more foreigners than Japanese in the Darker Than Black anime even though the setting takes place in Japan.

I thought Yin and Huang were Chinese as well but it turns out that Yin is Finnish and Huang is Japanese. I don't know Mao's true nationality, although it is a Chinese name. But then again, Yin and Huang are aliases and not real names. Yin's real name is Kirsi. I forgot Huang's real name but it was Japanese.
In Darker Than Black, there are also French agents, a Finnish pianist and the Chinese mafia from Hong Kong.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 22:24   Link #24
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
How about Kim Kyung Wha (CV: Mitsuishi Kotono) in Musekinin Kanchou Tylor (Irresponsible Captain Tylor)?

Judging by her family name, Kim Hotaru (CV: Orikasa Fumiko) in Raxhephon is of Korean heritage.
Yeah but those were pretty minor character in the show, and really being their neighbor I would think that Korean would show up more. Instead we seem to have disappeared from the surface of earth in anime .
Old 2008-02-14, 02:55   Link #25
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Full Metal Panic has a pretty diverse cast, since they are from all over the world. In my opinion, their ethnicity shows up better in the English dub, where their accents are far more obvious.