Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post

What the... Do you have more of it?
Old 2008-11-29, 17:15   Link #1482
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
If you're feeling sneaky, it would be a useful way to get free shipping and dodge the $50 minimum purchase, though - order what you want, plus some extra stuff you know they can't get, and when they cancel half your order a few weeks later the free shipping still applies.
I've actually done that a couple of times recently - I pre-ordered an album (I'm still not actually sure what it was but I ordered it for the artwork) and it was cancelled from my order, but was still showing on the site as available, so next time I needed to bulk out an order I tried again and it was cancelled again. Can't remember if I used it a third time.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 15:30   Link #1483
Davyd

I m not sure that my answer is in the good topic, but... first of all i want to say something that everybody have ever said or think when they have saw strike witches (the anime)
But I say again :

"SUIT UP!!"

Please, wear some damn pants!!! Or , at least some skirt.

*hum*

By the way, i want to thanks selkirk and congrats him for his good job. GO ON!
I wait for you following translation.

Even if it's a bit hard to translate all the text in french.

That's all, thank for reading.

"Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity. Calculate what you will or will not tolerate. Desperate to control all and everything. Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen." (The grudge, Tool)
Davyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 02:57   Link #1484
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyd View Post
I m not sure that my answer is in the good topic, but... first of all i want to say something that everybody have ever said or think when they have saw strike witches (the anime)
But I say again :

"SUIT UP!!"

*hum*
The only real response to your concern is: "Oh, those zany japanese...."

The main reason it works at all is that every character treats it so matter-of-factly rather than some reason to get all hot'n'bothered.
Old 2008-12-09, 00:16   Link #1485
einhorn303

Do not upset the Perrine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyd View Post
But I say again :

"SUIT UP!!"

*hum*

By the way, i want to thanks selkirk and congrats him for his good job. GO ON!
I wait for you following translation.

Even if it's a bit hard to translate all the text in french.

That's all, thank for reading.
Though really, "Why don't they wear pants?" is sort of the "Which do you prefer, subs or dubs?" of Strike Witches. It's been discussed to death. If you like looking at girl's panties, it's the show for you. If not, maybe it isn't. It's pretty much that simple.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 00:30   Link #1486
mg1942

hmmm. Still no season 2 confirmation? I read somewhere that Gonzo is close to go belly-up
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 06:20   Link #1487
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*shrug* Lot's of stories like that go around. Still, concidering the shows popularity compare to their other shows, from a financial point of view it's wise to make a second season. Unless they've buried themselves in other projects and were unprepared for Strike Witches popularity, I'd expect them to do so. But if they hadn't started on a second season before the DVD releases, and only started afterwards, then they should currently still be in only the first stages of the animation. Heck, we don't even know if they've worked their way past the scripting, casting and storyboarding. Not to mention the various VA's may have other contracts running right now...

Animation is a complex system, if they hadn't planned in advance then we might be waiting for a second season for a while.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 11:07   Link #1488
Aretsugu no Kimi

Not to change the subject, but I have heard that Japanese MEXT (Ministry of Culture) are going to recommend Strike Witches as one of the excellence prize candidates in Japan Media Arts Festival, though it'll perhaps not be awarded the prize.
Aretsugu no Kimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 17:06   Link #1489
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aretsugu no Kimi View Post
Not to change the subject, but I have heard that Japanese MEXT (Ministry of Culture) are going to recommend Strike Witches as one of the excellence prize candidates in Japan Media Arts Festival, though it'll perhaps not be awarded the prize.
Yeah I heard about that too and thought it was pretty cool. Actually here's the webpage with the recommendations. If you scroll 2/3 down the page under the Animation Division section, you'll see Strike Witches in there along with other titles.

http://plaza.bunka.go.jp/english/fes...008/recommend/

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 17:58   Link #1490
Siegel Clyne

2ch posters are having a lot of fun discussing this.

Congratulations, Strike Witches.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 00:14   Link #1491
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

In other news, there's going to be another Nogami/Suzuki semi-official doujinshi at C75 (December 30). It'll be on the Afrikakorps again, titled 砂漠の虎 (Desert Tiger, or "Tiger in Desert" for the hopefully temporary English title). Should be dual language release again.

There's also an official fanbook coming out for Strike Witches. It should be out soon, since the drafts are apparently being checked already.

Source for both: Suzuki's blog (SW setting designer)
Old 2008-12-10, 21:38   Link #1492
einhorn303

If Strike Witches actually won that award, it would a(wwwwwwww)esome. Not that's actually likely to happen...though isn't this the same award that Gurren Lagann won last year?
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 22:49   Link #1493
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
In other news, there's going to be another Nogami/Suzuki semi-official doujinshi at C75 (December 30). It'll be on the Afrikakorps again, titled 砂漠の虎 (Desert Tiger, or "Tiger in Desert" for the hopefully temporary English title). Should be dual language release again.

There's also an official fanbook coming out for Strike Witches. It should be out soon, since the drafts are apparently being checked already.

Source for both: Suzuki's blog (SW setting designer)
Ah thanks for this bit of news! Always looking forward to more Strike Witches merchandise.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 07:25   Link #1494
Solafighter
Hige

"Here they are, the (anime) pilots 2007/2008."

Spoiler for saving space:
Old 2008-12-13, 07:52   Link #1495
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A little bit for everyone to drool over this year, but for guys and girls.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 05:46   Link #1496
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
"Here they are, the (anime) pilots 2007/2008."

Spoiler for saving space:
W

T

F

Damn lucky Gundam bastards. XD

Say where's the whole cast of Code Geas...?
Old 2008-12-20, 23:42   Link #1497
Cloudy

Agreed and wonder where are the casts of Macross Frontier and Gurren Langen.
Old 2008-12-23, 07:43   Link #1498
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Send a message via AIM to Lord Ryo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
W

T

F

Damn lucky Gundam bastards. XD

Say where's the whole cast of Code Geas...?
That was the first thing I noticed, no Code Geass cast? I'd have to say that Code Geass was the most epic anime to run druing 2007/2008, surely they get credit for piloting those Knightmare Frames.

But I'm glad to see the Strike Witches in there! Strike Witches one of my favorite animes only second to Code Geass. I'm much anticipating its inevitable sequel!
Lord Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 08:34   Link #1499
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

All I can say is, that the fan-made shoot-em-up Strike Witches game is wicked. Really nice that it has the anime theme as the title theme.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 01:39   Link #1500
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Frankly it makes me not want to bother getting involved in the anime community to much as of late because so many people I can see have closed their minds to thinking about and receiving anime in more then one predetermined way.
- It's not really all that different from the world community at large; I don't think that the Anime fan community is any different, seeing that we've got a ton of different types of Anime, all different, and we all like different things.

People by nature do not like being open-minded, because open-mindedness means a willingness to concede that your beliefs and biases may be wrong--i.e. you're exposing your 'weaknesses' to the public. And in general, people would rather get into pointless and often tragic fights to show their strength, 'moral righteousness', and 'warrior spirit' than to admit that there may be another way to doing things that is better than their own.

BUT: Enough of the seriousness. I originally tried, tooth and nail, to avoid this series at all cost, mainly because of the loli reputation and so forth. But I did watch it. I caught on to it, and I found myself loving it (and Minna. And Charley. ).

I mean, for all the complaints levelled against this series, it's actually entertaining. Well, the last 2 eps could have used some more work, but in general it was pretty good as long as it wasn't taking itself too seriously (IMHO).

So, I will not suffer alone. Make your other friends watch it.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume